Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Stainless Works ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 R230 and 2007 W209
Thumbs up Stainless Works ?

Guys,

Am researching exhausts suppliers - both headers and mufflers for my SL500 for the future.. Have looked at several popular header vendors and cat-back sources on different "type forums" to ascertain what those folks were discussing ...Amazing how much can be gleaned by simply "tuning in" (although I was "corrected" for being on the "wrong forum") ..I still learned quite a bit..

When the time comes .. intend to install headers similar to either ARH or MHP product, a behind engine "X" pipe, and perhaps a Top Speed Pro 1 axel back exhaust.

I am merely seeking a cost effective and efficient smoothly flowing system.....with any increased power welcome.

Any useful thoughts most appreciated...thanks

rwm
Old 05-28-2016, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Does stainless works offer a set for those cars?

I installed a set of 2" longtubes and the full exhaust up to stock mufflers from SW on a gen 2 CTS-V, they build a beautiful product for sure. Not cheap in the GM world but here in the german universe where everything is x3, they might be a cost effective alternative. Quality parts from what I've seen.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 R230 and 2007 W209
Smile Stainless Works

Hey Italian Joe,

MANY THANKS !

Ron