My wife had a 5 gallon bucket of water tip over in the car today as she was driving. It got all over the interior. We managed to wetvac most of the water but now the cd player and radio won't work and one headlight is staying on. What do we do? I assume something got wet, do we try to dry it out or what?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!
Drives: 2013 Land Cruiser, 2007 GL450 [SOLD], 2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4 Limited, 2009 Corolla LE
our kids dropped a open bottle water on right side near battery. I had some funny head light operation for few days. I parked the car in sun for the after noon with battery cover removed and let it air dry. Seems to be fine now. This happened last summer. Since then, beverage service is not provided inside the car. It is not worth the trouble. I wish MB should have done a better job in designing and protecting the electrical system against water spills occuring inside the car.
When I bought my ML, tech at the dealer gave me a five minute warning lecture about spills in the passenger side front floor area. Lots of sensitive electronics in that area. So no liquids allowed.
Best I can say is air or fan dry without the battery and hope for the best.
If not, beg/bribe for a warranty claim....