GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Bass settings with iPod integration?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi A8L 4.0t, 2012 GL450
Bass settings with iPod integration?

Does any else experience extremely high bass levels when playing songs from the iPod using the iPod integration. I'm not talking slightly high bass... it's heavily muffled, hurt your ears level bass (almost like wind buffeting from the sunroof where it feels like someone is boxing your ears). I have to use the audio settings to crank the bass setting all the way down and then crank up the treble and it still comes out as muffled. The iPod plays fine through headphones without the bass issue. The switching audio setting is a bit of a pain because when I switch over to radio or satellite, I have to readjust the bass and treble every time.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:41 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
I have experienced exactly the opposite. Tin sound and very quiet when using the iPod integration.

There is an inline kit that addresses my issue. It might address yours too. Call your dealer for details. It is a very cheap solution. I do not have the part number, but your dealer will know what I am talking about.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi A8L 4.0t, 2012 GL450
Originally Posted by alx
I have experienced exactly the opposite. Tin sound and very quiet when using the iPod integration.

There is an inline kit that addresses my issue. It might address yours too. Call your dealer for details. It is a very cheap solution. I do not have the part number, but your dealer will know what I am talking about.
Thanks a lot! I'll contact my dealer.