'11 GL Interior Plastic covers/caps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 GL450
'11 GL Interior Plastic covers/caps

Hi there.

New GL owner here, and new to this forum (as a member, although been reading this for a while now).

My GL is missing some covering caps on the interior. I'm attaching two images with examples of what I mean. Any ideas where I could find those things? I tried looking things like that on ebay to no avail.

Also, related to that, what normally goes in that overhead console space where the cap shows missing? There is some sort of port there, and I noticed some models have different style of covers for that auxiliary.

Thanks!

- Kirill
Attached Thumbnails '11 GL Interior Plastic covers/caps-gl-caps.jpg   '11 GL Interior Plastic covers/caps-gl-overhead.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 V167
Caps

Originally Posted by ulik
Hi there.

New GL owner here, and new to this forum (as a member, although been reading this for a while now).

My GL is missing some covering caps on the interior. I'm attaching two images with examples of what I mean. Any ideas where I could find those things? I tried looking things like that on ebay to no avail.

Also, related to that, what normally goes in that overhead console space where the cap shows missing? There is some sort of port there, and I noticed some models have different style of covers for that auxiliary.

Thanks!

- Kirill
For those on the back of the seats those are for the car seat tethers (kids seat). Just has snap in plugs. On the overhead console I will have to look at mine. I know there is two switches there for map lights as well as dome light over ride. May want to get the EPC net subscription so you can pull part numbers/diagrams.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 PM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 V167
Console

Ulik,

Looked at my car and the piece missing in your photo is actually a decorative filler. My gl350 is a north American version so maybe somewhere else in the world there is a button that goes there.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:13 AM

'11 GL450
Thanks for checking on that, Krusty.

I'll go sign up on the EPC net and try looking up those fillers/caps.

Cheers!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:21 AM

GL550
ulik, did you find the cap for the overhead console? I am missing the exact same thing on my wife's R350.