GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Mercedes GLA reliability - better info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes GLA reliability - better info

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

We've had very good participation for most Mercedes models, and have been providing stats for them for a while. I'd like to do the same with the GLA.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the GLA, for free. I'll share results for the GLA in this thread after each update.

http://www.truedelta.com/join
Old 09-28-2015, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

More owners have signed up, but not yet enough to provide stats. We did recently update our stats to report reliability through the end of June 2015 for many other Mercedes models.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We've updated our reliability stats for the GLA to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2015 GLA: 26, low, very small sample size

This is quite a bit better than the 2014 CLA. But given the sample size the stat is not precise. I'd love to fix this.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Mercedes-Benz GLA reliability ratings and comparisons
Old 04-19-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
I was 5 weeks in and roughly 1000 miles and I was left completely stranded with a transmission failure. Apparently need a new pump and MCU for the gearbox. Been off the road for a week so far and the parts not expected for a further week. I'm somewhat less than impressed

2016 GLA 220d AMG Premium
Old 05-04-2016, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Highly unusual to lose a transmission so early. Did the dealer say they'd seen others?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by mkaresh
Highly unusual to lose a transmission so early. Did the dealer say they'd seen others?
No, they said it was the first they had come across. Ended up changing the ECU, pump and valve body. Off the road for exactly two weeks. It's been OK since but I've completely lost faith in the vehicle.