GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Pricing, what discount you got of your GLC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:36 PM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
I can now reveal my findings for the great California GLC43 deal having scoured the state for the best deal on a car with some fairly precise options needs plus the right discount.

I have been asked to not publish the final discount that I received. All I will say is that the dealer I purchased from gave me an *amazing* deal.

The days of 10% off MSRP are over (at least for now). I know others have been able to achieve this before me in California, and your mileage may vary in other states. Inventory is relatively low and the car is in demand.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I was about to close on a car a dealer was going to retrieve for me from a dealer in Seattle ($400 to transport), but literally 3 hours before I had arranged to walk into the CA dealership and reserve it the Seattle dealership sold the car (on a weekday morning!). If you're the guy that bought the black GLC43 with 21" rims up in Seattle dang, you were in the nick of time!

All of the dealerships I spoke to were responsive. In the Bay Area itself I found discounts only in the 2.5-3% off MSRP range. This included the dealer in Santa Rosa where I first test drove the car. I must commend Mercedes of Santa Rosa on their excellent service.

Typically each dealership only gets 2 x GLC43's per quarter and they know they can sell these at a good price. So my advice is try to look further afield than the wealthy metropolitan areas.

I would recommend talking to the following:

- Keyes Mercedes in Van Nuys in Greater Los Angeles: Grayr, (213) 357-5555
Keys had by far the best stock in GLC43s of any dealership I spoke with. They also are well aware of the cars they have "on the water" or on the dock (other dealerships may focus just on what they have in stock).

- James Ononu, House of Imports in Buena Park 714-562-1365
This is just NW of Anaheim. 10% mentioned above is now definitely off the table. But James definitely does a good deal compared to others. Definitely worth a call if you're in SoCal.

- Ultimately the WINNER who closed the deal for me in Northern California with a custom to order GLC43 is...

James Reemts of Mercedes Benz of Rocklin, 916-275-3362
Rocklin is just NE of Sacramento. You can take Amtrak direct from the Bay Area to Rocklin (there's an Amtrak stop there within a few minutes drive of the dealership).

Mercedes Benz of Rocklin were super responsive, professional, flexible - they went above and beyond other dealerships who only considered their own stock (they researched and found the GLC43 in Seattle). And ultimately they helped where it counted - with a good price.

TIPS FOR ANY NEGOTIATION (GLC43 OR OTHERWISE)

- When negotiating price you need to be very clear about is this MSRP discount before the United (fleet) discount or not. This varied between dealerships. If you're not a United Mileage Plus member and are considering buying a Mercedes you'd be dumb not to sign up for membership, it's free. Mercedes don't seem to care what membership tier you're on. You may also earn 25k miles.

- The MSRP discount should apply to the base price of the car AND the options AND the delivery fee. I recommend that you clarify this when getting an agreement with the dealer. (as opposed to the discount only applying to the base MSRP).

- most dealers get 2 cars a quarter, some get more (I suspect Keys does). If you're doing a custom to order be aware that these cars get dialed into a spec the nearer they are to production, some options (wheels) lock in early. Likely because the Mercedes factory in Sindelfingen has lead times from suppliers.
The following 3 users liked this post by rihallix:
fearyoda (12-01-2016), FrostyZoob (12-01-2016), saty (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MB GLC
I went ahead and took the deal regardless of the last min change of price.

Red GLC RWD with Prem 1 pack and LED, no roof, got 8% off sticker of $45K, Jim at HOI.

Smooth process, really nice sales and finance person.

Any lead on how to get a cheap Garmin nav SD card is welcome.

Last edited by gainful; 12-01-2016 at 09:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rihallix (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by rihallix
I can now reveal my findings for the great California GLC43 deal having scoured the state for the best deal on a car with some fairly precise options needs plus the right discount.

I have been asked to not publish the final discount that I received. All I will say is that the dealer I purchased from gave me an *amazing* deal.

The days of 10% off MSRP are over (at least for now). I know others have been able to achieve this before me in California, and your mileage may vary in other states. Inventory is relatively low and the car is in demand.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I was about to close on a car a dealer was going to retrieve for me from a dealer in Seattle ($400 to transport), but literally 3 hours before I had arranged to walk into the CA dealership and reserve it the Seattle dealership sold the car (on a weekday morning!). If you're the guy that bought the black GLC43 with 21" rims up in Seattle dang, you were in the nick of time!

All of the dealerships I spoke to were responsive. In the Bay Area itself I found discounts only in the 2.5-3% off MSRP range. This included the dealer in Santa Rosa where I first test drove the car. I must commend Mercedes of Santa Rosa on their excellent service.

Typically each dealership only gets 2 x GLC43's per quarter and they know they can sell these at a good price. So my advice is try to look further afield than the wealthy metropolitan areas.

I would recommend talking to the following:

- Keyes Mercedes in Van Nuys in Greater Los Angeles: Grayr, (213) 357-5555
Keys had by far the best stock in GLC43s of any dealership I spoke with. They also are well aware of the cars they have "on the water" or on the dock (other dealerships may focus just on what they have in stock).

- James Ononu, House of Imports in Buena Park 714-562-1365
This is just NW of Anaheim. 10% mentioned above is now definitely off the table. But James definitely does a good deal compared to others. Definitely worth a call if you're in SoCal.

- Ultimately the WINNER who closed the deal for me in Northern California with a custom to order GLC43 is...

James Reemts of Mercedes Benz of Rocklin, 916-275-3362
Rocklin is just NE of Sacramento. You can take Amtrak direct from the Bay Area to Rocklin (there's an Amtrak stop there within a few minutes drive of the dealership).

Mercedes Benz of Rocklin were super responsive, professional, flexible - they went above and beyond other dealerships who only considered their own stock (they researched and found the GLC43 in Seattle). And ultimately they helped where it counted - with a good price.

TIPS FOR ANY NEGOTIATION (GLC43 OR OTHERWISE)

- When negotiating price you need to be very clear about is this MSRP discount before the United (fleet) discount or not. This varied between dealerships. If you're not a United Mileage Plus member and are considering buying a Mercedes you'd be dumb not to sign up for membership, it's free. Mercedes don't seem to care what membership tier you're on. You may also earn 25k miles.

- The MSRP discount should apply to the base price of the car AND the options AND the delivery fee. I recommend that you clarify this when getting an agreement with the dealer. (as opposed to the discount only applying to the base MSRP).

- most dealers get 2 cars a quarter, some get more (I suspect Keys does). If you're doing a custom to order be aware that these cars get dialed into a spec the nearer they are to production, some options (wheels) lock in early. Likely because the Mercedes factory in Sindelfingen has lead times from suppliers.
Was your discount north or south of 19%?
Old 12-01-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
Originally Posted by fearyoda
Was your discount north or south of 19%?
I can safely say it was south of that figure.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:18 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by gainful
I went ahead and took the deal regardless of the last min change of price.

Red GLC RWD with Prem 1 pack and LED, no roof, got 8% off sticker of $45K, Jim at HOI.

Smooth process, really nice sales and finance person.

Any lead on how to get a cheap Garmin nav SD card is welcome.
is your GLC 2016 or 2017? I was told 2016 doesn't have the Garmin nav SD option.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:19 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by rihallix
I can safely say it was south of that figure.
Okay, thank you for feedback.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500, 2014 E550, 2017 GLC43
Ordered a GLC43 yesterday in PA. 10.2% off a pretty loaded custom build.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:45 PM

MB GLC
is your GLC 2016 or 2017? I was told 2016 doesn't have the Garmin nav SD option.
It is 2017.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:50 PM

MB GLC
How could you guys achieve such high discounts on GLC43? Because of the higher price of the car itself?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:59 PM

GLC 300
How could you guys achieve such high discounts on GLC43? Because of the higher price of the car itself?

From my experience higher priced the car bigger $ discount you can get, that why when I negotiate with a dealer I always say % discount off MSRP. If I was direct about wanting 8k off a 45k car they would sometimes come back at me I can get you 8k off a 60k car.

I actually just got GLC 300 in your price range of 42k for 34k and I also received all weather mats, cargo tray, and sunshade. I always was able put 5,000 down on Chase Reserve credit card to meet that 4k in 3 month promo offer.
saty (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:08 AM

2017 GLC300
glc 300 discount

From my experience higher priced the car bigger $ discount you can get, that why when I negotiate with a dealer I always say % discount off MSRP. If I was direct about wanting 8k off a 45k car they would sometimes come back at me I can get you 8k off a 60k car.

I actually just got GLC 300 in your price range of 42k for 34k and I also received all weather mats, cargo tray, and sunshade. I always was able put 5,000 down on Chase Reserve credit card to meet that 4k in 3 month promo offer.

@fearyoda may i know which dealership you bought the car? is it 2016 or 2017 glc300?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:25 AM

2017 GLC300
[QUOTE=rihallix;6984178] When negotiating price you need to be very clear about is this MSRP discount before the United (fleet) discount or not. This varied between dealerships. If you're not a United Mileage Plus member and are considering buying a Mercedes you'd be dumb not to sign up for membership, it's free. Mercedes don't seem to care what membership tier you're on. You may also earn 25k miles.

planning to get Glc 300, today i have signed up for United Mileage plus member ship but unable to print any discount certificate because i am not a premium status member. is there any other free membership options?
Old 12-02-2016, 11:56 AM

I got a quote from my local dealer. Don't love the dealer and can't stand the bs'ing salesman they force me to deal with. Having said that, I have been dealing with him for decades. Got a quote from him...5% off plus whatever the standing incentive that was being offered at the time of delivery. Then emailed the build to a salesperson at a dealership 45 miles away who left my dealer a year ago and has been stealing lots of customers. He offered what amounted to 8.8%. I emailed my salesman back, overnight prior to the last day of the month*, a take it or leave it offer at 10.2%. I heard from him by 9:30 the next morning.

*I never realized the motivation for them to make sales on the last day of the month. I will never buy another car again that I don't coordinate the same way. All he wanted to do was to get the order in on Wednesday. Not sure if this is more BS or my penalty for squeezing him but my build date is not until early March. He claims that he didn't have/couldn't get a build slot where he could get a GLC43 with a P3 before that? I am in no rush, happy to get what I got.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by thescrod
I got a quote from my local dealer. Don't love the dealer and can't stand the bs'ing salesman they force me to deal with. Having said that, I have been dealing with him for decades. Got a quote from him...5% off plus whatever the standing incentive that was being offered at the time of delivery. Then emailed the build to a salesperson at a dealership 45 miles away who left my dealer a year ago and has been stealing lots of customers. He offered what amounted to 8.8%. I emailed my salesman back, overnight prior to the last day of the month*, a take it or leave it offer at 10.2%. I heard from him by 9:30 the next morning.
I assume you didn't provide the name of the dealer for a reason but could you at least tell us which state you're in? (Or which part of whatever state you're in?) Also, what was the MSRP of your build prior to the discount?

EDIT: I just saw in a previous post that you're in PA.

Last edited by FrostyZoob; 12-02-2016 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Updated.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Smile GLC300 got 10% off.

Any one in TX (Sugarland, Houston, etc.,) looking for the deal? PM me. I can help you out.

Got GLC300(10% off) week ago...
Old 12-02-2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
I assume you didn't provide the name of the dealer for a reason but could you at least tell us which state you're in? (Or which part of whatever state you're in?) Also, what was the MSRP of your build prior to the discount?

EDIT: I just saw in a previous post that you're in PA.
Correct. I am in Central PA and I got the competitive offer from a suburban Philly dealer.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:25 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by thescrod

*I never realized the motivation for them to make sales on the last day of the month. I will never buy another car again that I don't coordinate the same way. All he wanted to do was to get the order in on Wednesday. Not sure if this is more BS or my penalty for squeezing him but my build date is not until early March. He claims that he didn't have/couldn't get a build slot where he could get a GLC43 with a P3 before that? I am in no rush, happy to get what I got.
I've read on other parts of this forums that after the car is delivered they can change the price.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:26 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by saty
@fearyoda may i know which dealership you bought the car? is it 2016 or 2017 glc300?

Long Beach Mercedes, I dealt with Jose, he's an internet manager. I got car on 10/9/16, so just under 2 months. It was 2016.
saty (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:49 PM

MB GLC
My bay area local dealer also got 2 Red GLCs in recently. Grace Wong at MB Stevens Creek, very nice person and good price.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 GLC 43 AMG, 2013 Boxster
Can someone explain how the United Mileage Plus deal works, as I have ordered
a GLC 43 AMG to be built Dec 10. Is the deal just having a Mileage Plus acct. or do you need to have a specific Mileage Plus credit card? Is the deal just points or any cash discount? Would be grateful if anyone could clarify.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:35 PM

2017 GLC300
Long Beach Mercedes, I dealt with Jose, he's an internet manager. I got car on 10/9/16, so just under 2 months. It was 2016.
ok thanks. i am in atlanta,GA no dealer is offered me more than 9% discount for 2017.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:38 PM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by saty
ok thanks. i am in atlanta,GA no dealer is offered me more than 9% discount for 2017.

It's not even 2017 yet so of course you won't get that great of a deal on 2017. I've read on these forums people buying GLC in Texas and having it deliver to Seattle. It's a possibility of having a car delivered from another state.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:00 PM

MB GLC
After getting my GLC300 from SoCal, the Bay Area dealer offered something close to my SoCal deal...--what a pissoff after all the hassle of flying down and driving back.

Anyone in Bay Area plz PM me if interested.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:08 PM

GLC 300
After getting my GLC300 from SoCal, the Bay Area dealer offered something close to my SoCal deal...--what a pissoff after all the hassle of flying down and driving back.

Anyone in Bay Area plz PM me if interested.
Should had have dealership deliver the car. I recently had a car deliver from San Mateo to So Cal for $200. The delivery guy tells me he delivers new cars all the time to people buying car out of state or if they're unable of picking it up.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:30 AM
bdc

GLC
Info on recently purchased GLC in SoCal

I just purchased a lightly optioned 2017 GLC rear wheel drive in SoCal. MSRP was 43,525. Purchase price was 37,325 after negotiation and use of USAA $500 rebate. 14% below MSRP. I looked everywhere in Orange County and LA, ultimately working with Shabhaz Khan (internet sales) at Keyes European in Van Nuys. Excellent buying experience.

I had been working with Darcy Borges at Mercedes Anaheim, and James Ononui at House of Imports. Both were a pleasure to work with, and very straightforward. Excluding rebate, Darcy was offering 10% off MSRP, and James was around 8%. Ultimately, they couldn't match the price at Keyes.
kkd79 (12-24-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pricing, what discount you got of your GLC?