GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
GLK Battery

I know there's a topic similar out there but just to freshen stuff up around here...I just replaced the stock battery myself with a 750 cold cranking amp autozone duralast battery...
The installation was easy, I did not have any problems with everything electrical on the car resetting (like the memory on the seat, radio and so on...)

Only concern is that the Original bracket to hold down the battery is a bit small and only one sided...

This works fine obviously for the original battery but the duralast is a bit smaller and seems to not to perfectly grab on to the factory bracket very well.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or know how to fix?

The duralast is the one made for the car and it's not like I'm trying to mix and match batteries over here...I've tried clamping it down and tightening it several times but it keeps slipping off.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by erlomd
I know there's a topic similar out there but just to freshen stuff up around here...I just replaced the stock battery myself with a 750 cold cranking amp autozone duralast battery...
The installation was easy, I did not have any problems with everything electrical on the car resetting (like the memory on the seat, radio and so on...)

Only concern is that the Original bracket to hold down the battery is a bit small and only one sided...

This works fine obviously for the original battery but the duralast is a bit smaller and seems to not to perfectly grab on to the factory bracket very well.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or know how to fix?

The duralast is the one made for the car and it's not like I'm trying to mix and match batteries over here...I've tried clamping it down and tightening it several times but it keeps slipping off.
I did the DIY battery as well from AutoZone and the one they sold me initially was the wrong size. The AutoZone computer does not have the correct information and they will sell you the wrong battery for your glk. It's about 1" too short to reach the retaining bracket. When I noticed this I went back with the original battery and they found the right one. I would definitely recommend you get the right size battery so that it's secured by the bracket. Also don't forget to transfer the red vent elbow and plug from the factory battery to the new one.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:40 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Thanks! That sounds about right...I'm going to go there ASAP and have the battery exchanged...by the way, do you know what model # your battery ended up being? Since it's also from autozone
Old 08-02-2014, 09:00 PM

2010 GLK350
The correct battery is AutoZone Duralast Gold P/N: 94R-DLG

5 Year warranty, 790 Cold Cranking Amps, 985 Cranking Amps.

DIN: H7
EN: LN4
BCI: 94R

Hope that helps. You definitely don't want a loose battery sliding around.

PS This is supposed to be one of the best aftermarket batteries based on some research I did.

Good luck!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Great! Thank you!!!
I'll go tomorrow morning and exchange it
Old 08-04-2014, 10:04 AM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Well...did the exchange...and I got 5 years warranty as stated...and everything fit perfectly...no more tumbling dice under the hood!!!
Thanks EmiG310!!!
I forgot to take a picture comparing the new batteries...I was in a rush installing the battery...trying to outrun a thunderstorm.
but, here is how different the sizes are from the stock battery to the one they have listed on the computer at auto zone.
Guy behind the counter still couldn't believe it...lol

Old 08-04-2014, 02:00 PM

2010 GLK350
Great, glad you got it sorted. One last thing though, that little red "L" shaped elbow on the left in your picture should be transferred to your new battery, which connects to a clear tube in the battery compartment. This is a vent for gases that can be released by the battery. There is also a red plug that goes on the opposite side (right side in your pic) which should also be transferred to your new battery. At least you don't have a 50lb acid-filled box sliding around in there now though.

Regards
Old 08-04-2014, 02:42 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
I did notice that red elbow...I installed it on the new battery and I did put the red cover on the positive end.
Thanks for the warning though!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 GLE300d 4Matic
As a small side note: these aren't 50 pound "Acid filled boxes" anymore. These are AGM which is "Absorbed Glass Mat" battery. A fiberglass mat "wet" with acid is sandwiched between the lead plates. This is why it is so sensitive to overcharging (boils off the little bit of acid) and so expensive.
Lots of power for the size and weight though.....