GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Just got a 2013 GLK350 BUT...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350
Just got a 2013 GLK350 BUT...

Before I owned a 2011 Blue Kia Soul. On the same day I customized it to make it "One of a kind" Im talking Window tints, Painted rims, Interior Lighting (I blew one of the fuses and took it back for a replacement for free. They even loved my lights), and New system. Warranty was not effected at all!!
Now I own a 2013 GLK350 black (Very Nice). But, am I limited to what I can and cant do with it? For example. I emailed the dealer and asked if I can go ahead and plasti dip my rims. His response was "You can but, we are not responsible for what goes wrong with the wheel. We do have a professional who can do it for $100 a rim." I've been looking around the web at other peoples Mercedes and they customized the crap out of it! And im not going that extreme. so far the only thing custom about my car is just the rain-x I applied on my windshield THATS IT!
Projects I want to do
Headlights (I want to change them to Xenon headlights like the newer models or just the bulbs not a fan of the yellow)
Rims (Plasti dip. The wheels will be out of the car)
Windows and tail lights (Im having the them do the windows but would the dealer do the tail lights too?)
And just a curiosity: Interior Lighting (Not sure yet because Im not sure why I need it)

Are all car brands the same like my Kia? Or is it just because its a Mercedes Benz I'm stricted to what I can do. Can you tell me what I can and cant do? and I mean EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING without voiding my Warranty.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 glk 250BT (RIP, 3/1/17}, 2010 C300
You can do anything you want to your car. You might however void any warranty with non approved modifications.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Question

Originally Posted by LuizLabra
Before I owned a 2011 Blue Kia Soul. On the same day I customized it to make it "One of a kind" Im talking Window tints, Painted rims, Interior Lighting (I blew one of the fuses and took it back for a replacement for free. They even loved my lights), and New system. Warranty was not effected at all!!
Now I own a 2013 GLK350 black (Very Nice). But, am I limited to what I can and cant do with it? For example. I emailed the dealer and asked if I can go ahead and plasti dip my rims. His response was "You can but, we are not responsible for what goes wrong with the wheel. We do have a professional who can do it for $100 a rim." I've been looking around the web at other peoples Mercedes and they customized the crap out of it! And im not going that extreme. so far the only thing custom about my car is just the rain-x I applied on my windshield THATS IT!
Projects I want to do
Headlights (I want to change them to Xenon headlights like the newer models or just the bulbs not a fan of the yellow)
Rims (Plasti dip. The wheels will be out of the car)
Windows and tail lights (Im having the them do the windows but would the dealer do the tail lights too?)
And just a curiosity: Interior Lighting (Not sure yet because Im not sure why I need it)

Are all car brands the same like my Kia? Or is it just because its a Mercedes Benz I'm stricted to what I can do. Can you tell me what I can and cant do? and I mean EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING without voiding my Warranty.

Thanks!!!
Any luck on replacing the head lights yet? I definitely am looking to do this on my 2014
Old 08-05-2014, 07:42 PM

GLK 350
No luck yet. So far its just a set of one. still looking though.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
Are you still worrying about warranty? The way we think about it is, anything bolt on will not void the warranty. When doing engine internals and ecu tuning, that's when it gets tricky. A lot of dealerships are **** about the stuff we do to our cars but some of them are actually pretty cool about it. Plasti dipping your wheels does not create any issues.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:20 AM

GLK 350
Bulbs are easy: Search http://am-application.osram.info/publish/index_en.html

If you are going for interior/exterior LEDs, I've used http://www.superbrightleds.com for years; even for residential lighting projects.

Just note that changing indicators from a filament to LED will require a relay swap or an inline resistor to match the old bulb, otherwise you get the quick flash as if a bulb was burned out.

Halogen to HID swaps can be found at http://www.xenondepot.com. It's all about the quality of the ballast and bulb. I've always bought my vehicles with HIDs already, but I've seen many people over the years use them because they have a great product.

I am not affiliated with any of these companies... I've just been modding cars for decades.

Also note, I believe we have to have CAN Bus compliant bulbs. If not, you will be alerted to a bulb that is not working.

Last edited by moda_way; 08-06-2014 at 07:42 AM.