GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK 2010 Replacing Cornering Light Bulbs (on GLK with Xenon Package)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
GLK 2010 Replacing Cornering Light Bulbs (on GLK with Xenon Package)

I could not find much on how to replace these bulbs except for one youtube video, which was actually wrong.

The problem is there is very little space and it's hard to see. But the gist is remove the big large plastic circle on the back to the headlight to gain access to inside of the headlight. You will see a black handle - it actually connects to the cornering light. You can pull the handle off, it's just a wire connection.

Now, bulb can be see but it's in an awkward place and you can barely reach it. But if you shine the light you will see that it's held by two metal clips. Simply push onto the middle of the metal clip with a flat screwdriver to release the bulb and fish the bulb out with your hand.

Installation and pics to follow when the replacement H7 bulb arrives.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
And my dealer could not figure out which light was out and kept trying to sell a wedge bulb to my wife. No joke.

Dealer: "All your lights a working fine, we are not sure why your car says 'Check left Cornering Light', but we can run some diagnostic... " My wife literally had to show him which light was supposed to come one. And after that she was still handed a wedge bulb.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Do you know how to clear this "check xxx cornering light" message in the dash cluster? I just replaced the cornering bulbs in our GLK and now we have this message for both the left and right!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:30 PM

Received 68 Likes on 59 Posts
yes
Originally Posted by koalatm
Sorry to dig up an old thread. Do you know how to clear this "check xxx cornering light" message in the dash cluster? I just replaced the cornering bulbs in our GLK and now we have this message for both the left and right!
I would certainly think that the message should clear on its own once the bulbs were replaced.

Did you replace them with the exact type bulbs that were removed or with something else? Off-brand? Lower wattage? LEDs?
Old 11-10-2015, 11:34 PM

2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
Originally Posted by MBKLUE
I would certainly think that the message should clear on its own once the bulbs were replaced.

Did you replace them with the exact type bulbs that were removed or with something else? Off-brand? Lower wattage? LEDs?
What started this whole mess is that I tried a pair of (supposedly) error-free CANBUS compatible LED bulbs... they threw the error, so I've re-installed the factory bulbs.

I'm hoping if I drive the vehicle a few times the issue will just go away, but was hoping there might be a way to clear the error manually.

edit - I should also say I have these same error-free LED bulbs in my 2016 VW Golf R, serving the same function (cornering lights) and they work flawlessly in that vehicle.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:53 PM

yes
What started this whole mess is that I tried a pair of (supposedly) error-free CANBUS compatible LED bulbs... they threw the error, so I've re-installed the factory bulbs.

I'm hoping if I drive the vehicle a few times the issue will just go away, but was hoping there might be a way to clear the error manually.

edit - I should also say I have these same error-free LED bulbs in my 2016 VW Golf R, serving the same function (cornering lights) and they work flawlessly in that vehicle.
hmmmm..... that is puzzling...
Old 11-11-2015, 02:10 PM

2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
Definitely! I'm thinking I might just have to disconnect the negative battery terminal and reset everything. We'll see, taking it for a long drive today and hoping the messages will just go away now that the factory bulbs are back in
Old 11-12-2015, 12:29 AM

2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
Turns out I needed to be patient - the warning lights did indeed go away.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:25 AM

yes
Turns out I needed to be patient - the warning lights did indeed go away.
Glad to hear that. I was convinced that type of warning would go away as soon as it was "remedied." That's how it was on my Saab, anyway.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 350 2010

I just did this on right side. Using a 28 centimeter pliers I gave the bulb a tug as shown and it came loose.

Fiddled for a bit to get the connector back, until I removed the new bulb and first put it onto the connector, then into the headlight.