Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK55 AMG (w208) vs BMW 335is (e92)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 W208 CLK55 AMG, '99 Lexus LS400
CLK55 AMG (w208) vs BMW 335is (e92)

W208 CLK55 AMG vs BMW 335is

My car is bone stock, the 335is is unknown as I never spoke with the driver but it sounded like it at least had an exhaust set up.

Pulled up next to him and I knew right away that we would be making use of the extra power our cars come equipped with. Ran for about 2.5 miles. First of all I will start off by saying that I need new tires pretty badly, rears are nearly bald. Traction control was left on. That being said, from a stop he would instantly pull about 1-1.5 car lengths on me as I didn't even try to launch my car or hit the throttle until I was moving about 10mph due to my limited traction. Each time I steadily reeled him in and passed him by the time I was going around 80-90mph. For the times we went from a roll I effortlessly pulled on him by about 0.5-1.5 car lengths. We stopped as soon as traffic appeared. Had a good time! It's about time I got a real challenger against my CLK that lasted longer than a few seconds, most of the time it's ricers or fools in their scion FR-S's driving like maniacs trying to taunt me to race them in the middle of traffic. The outcome of this race was about what I anticipated it would be.

(very surprised by how well the 335is launched, absolutely no wheel spin, I kept looking for an xdrive badge but couldn't see anything, does anyone know if the 335is can be spec'd to have xdrive or limited slip?)