M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Issues with Sirius after May 4 update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
Issues with Sirius after May 4 update

Anyone experiencing issues with channel selection and display not matching after the May 4th update with their satellite radio?
If so, any fix?
I will also call Sirius and see what they say. Their website claims this could happen with the XM radios, but no advise on the MB units.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes product
i just reprogrammed my stations. all of the presets were screwed up by the change.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
Originally Posted by dgiturbo
Anyone experiencing issues with channel selection and display not matching after the May 4th update with their satellite radio?
If so, any fix?
I will also call Sirius and see what they say. Their website claims this could happen with the XM radios, but no advise on the MB units.
display the Sirius channel directory and reprogram all your presets accordingly.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 PM

His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
Already reset the presets, but this is the issue I am having.
From Sirius info site:

"ISSUE: You have an XM radio and the programming you hear does not match the channel name/number displayed on the radio.

On or After May 4th, a few XM radios may exhibit a phenomenon that—while rare—can be confusing to some customers.
The issue is limited to a very specific type of dealer-installed radio used predominantly in Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. These radios may not properly adjust to the new channel locations on May 4th.
If you have one of these radios, on May 4th (or the first time you turn on your radio after May 4th) you will notice that the programming you hear may not match the channel name and number you see on your radio. As you tune up and down the dial, the sequence of channel names you see may not match the sequence of programming that you hear as you change the channels."

Any advice?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 AM

'11 ML350
Already reset the presets, but this is the issue I am having.
From Sirius info site:

"ISSUE: You have an XM radio and the programming you hear does not match the channel name/number displayed on the radio.

On or After May 4th, a few XM radios may exhibit a phenomenon that—while rare—can be confusing to some customers.
The issue is limited to a very specific type of dealer-installed radio used predominantly in Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. These radios may not properly adjust to the new channel locations on May 4th.
If you have one of these radios, on May 4th (or the first time you turn on your radio after May 4th) you will notice that the programming you hear may not match the channel name and number you see on your radio. As you tune up and down the dial, the sequence of channel names you see may not match the sequence of programming that you hear as you change the channels."

Any advice?
this helps explain the problem, but in which vehicle of yours is the happening? Is it indeed a dealer installed radio as described in the Sirius site, or a MB factory unit?

I just checked my Garmin 478 GPS unit and it's XM channel selection, etc. works find.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM

MB factory Command unit. (Sat/Nav/Radio Camera)
Called Sirius today, and escalated to a tech. Bottom line is that they are aware of the issue, it's happening to several factory units since the update, and they expect to have a fix in the next day or two.
Another issue they are aware of is the radio resetting every time you start the vehicle, it will forever try to "Acquire Signal" and there will be no audio.
The fix for that is also on the way, but a workaround is to switch off again and remove the key, wait 20-30 seconds and restart.

As a comparison, my/home portable Sirius unit updated and works just fine.
Will see how it goes.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Finally fixed.
Got another tech who had me completely shut off everything to do with Bluetooth, (iPhone, TEL on Command and including removing the puck), then he shut the service down, as if the radio was not activated, then he restarted.
All issues resolved.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 AM

'11 ML350
Finally fixed.
Got another tech who had me completely shut off everything to do with Bluetooth, (iPhone, TEL on Command and including removing the puck), then he shut the service down, as if the radio was not activated, then he restarted.
All issues resolved.
Hope this helps.
thanks for the update. I'll have to get my ML out of the garage to make sure it's all still working correctly.