The Best Floor mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
The Best Floor mats

In my experience over the years, the very best floor mats available are from Coco Mats.

http://www.cocomats.com/

While a bit on the pricey side, the quality and customer service are superb! In the past I have always used the coco fiber, but this time I ordered the sisal fiber for the 2014 ML350BTC; and am very pleased. The sisal has a more finished look to it, which compliments the ML very well. See the attached photo.

The mats are especially good in sloppy weather conditions, because water and melted snow drop down into the fiber material and away from your shoes. The bottom of the mat is solid rubber, so the water will not get into the vehicle's carpet.

On the customer service side, I had a minor problem with the snaps holding the driver's side mat to the MB snaps. Without any argument or fuss, they sent me a new driver's mat and new snaps to fix the first one. I now have a spare. All this at no charge. That is super service!

I have no affiliation with Coco Mats other than as a very satisfied customer for many years. If you want the best mats for your ML, these fit the bill 110%. There are none better!
Attached Thumbnails The Best Floor mats-mat.jpg  

Last edited by DUTCH; 05-17-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350 BlueTec
While these coco mats look great, I would never go without the digital fit liners from WeatherTech for any vehicle I have owned.

It is all about preference.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt
While these coco mats look great, I would never go without the digital fit liners from WeatherTech for any vehicle I have owned.

It is all about preference.
These are hand fitted from hand made custom fitted patterns made from the vehicle. Is digital better?

Do the Weathertech mats wick the moisture away from your shoes, or does it sit on top of the plastic mat and get all over your shoes?

I like the Weathertech mat for the cargo area, but I don't like my feet sitting in water on the floor. This is especially true in the north in the winter, where I was born, raised and messed up more than one pair of shoes with melted snow salt slop on the floor mats.

However, you are most correct - to each their own.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 AM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by DUTCH
These are hand fitted from hand made custom fitted patterns made from the vehicle. Is digital better?

Do the Weathertech mats wick the moisture away from your shoes, or does it sit on top of the plastic mat and get all over your shoes?

I like the Weathertech mat for the cargo area, but I don't like my feet sitting in water on the floor. This is especially true in the north in the winter, where I was born, raised and messed up more than one pair of shoes with melted snow salt slop on the floor mats.

However, you are most correct - to each their own.
Alot of water on the floor must be a northern thing as other than a few drops from wet shoes after raining, the moisture is not a problem. I wear tennis shoes 99% of the time and they have never suffered an water damage!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLS550
to each their own

Here's another perspective for you guys. I like to have only the mats that the car came with. I don't like to cover them with aftermarket mats.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Owlet
Here's another perspective for you guys. I like to have only the mats that the car came with. I don't like to cover them with aftermarket mats.
I don't cover them. I take them out and replace them with the cocomats. When I sell or trade the car, they go back in and look like new.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:19 AM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Yep mine are carefully wrapped up and saved for the next future owner. They will be waiting for a long time.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:54 PM

2018 GLS550
I want to be the owner enjoying the original mats. If these are at least the same quality as my previous cars had, they'll wash and last just fine. On my 9 year old Lexus they looked like new, you couldn't tell any difference. Used every day, sun or rain.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:27 PM

ML350
I have to second the MB branded Weathertechs. Had them in my last three ML's. Won't take delivery unless the dealer has them and the cargo liner in the vehicle. My only complaint is that they don't come up high enough on the left foot rest area. I usually eBay the OEM mats to make a quick buck.

You do end up with puddles occasionally because of melting snow on your shoes, but the grooves in the mat help keep the water away and your feet dry.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:03 AM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Dang it guys!!! Wish you would quit posting all of this stuff and giving me ideas to spend all of my money

The Coco mats look nice
Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 AM

2014 ML350 BlueTec
Originally Posted by SmokinReefer
I have to second the MB branded Weathertechs. Had them in my last three ML's. Won't take delivery unless the dealer has them and the cargo liner in the vehicle. My only complaint is that they don't come up high enough on the left foot rest area. I usually eBay the OEM mats to make a quick buck.

You do end up with puddles occasionally because of melting snow on your shoes, but the grooves in the mat help keep the water away and your feet dry.
I called WeatherTech and they said that making the liner cover the foot rest completely was a limitation of the size of their equipment but it would soon be fixed.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast
Do these guys make mats for W204 C-class? I need the one thats reinforced under the gas-pedal.