Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 SLK55 - Setting Codes after Disconnecting the Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 05 SLK55 - Setting Codes after Disconnecting the Battery

05 SLK55 AMG

I found out my car is a sponsored car for a wheel manufacturer and I agreed to let him show it this March at Hot Imports Night ( HIN ) in LA at the Conv Ctr.

They seem pretty strict about the rules for the show, one being that the battery must be disconnected. The Amistad wheel guy didn't seem to know anything about starcodes (heard that is what MB codes are called?) or knowing them to put everything straight if my car's battery gets disconnected.

Lots of questions -

What codes exactly need to be reset? Like, can my car even be driven out of the place to get it to a dealer to get the codes reset (if it comes to that), and how much will that cost?

Can these codes be acquired by another party other than a MB dealer, like a repair shop, and how much does it cost? And, if so, how are these codes stored, like on software on one's laptop? So, mobily(?) one can reset the codes directly from laptop to car? And, how is this done, like infrared or something, what is the connection?

Thanks, obviously I know absolutely nada about the process. Any input would be much appreciated

Lisa
Old 01-27-2005, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Battery replacement....

my C320 manual addresses battery replacement....have you looked there? I don't see how it would be that different.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked in my manual and it just says to "Set the clock" and "Resynchronize side windows" whatever that means, but nothing about any codes. So there aren't any to worry about?