Turn OFF traction control in 2013 ML63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Whore
Turn OFF traction control in 2013 ML63?

How do I disable traction control in a 2013 ML63?
I see the button on the console, but I think thats stability control only.
How do I get rid of the stupid *** traction control interfering with my driving?

Also, anyone notice how completely crappy the transmission is? It's always in the wrong gear and takes forever to DOWNSHIFT when I come up to a light or a stop sign and I need to start rolling again right after I come to an almost complete stop... it just sits there doing nothing -- its DANGEROUS.

Is there a TCU tune from any vendor to address this? Although I don't really feel the need to drop $1500~ to fix the ****ty programming from Benz on this car.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
The problem you are mentionning, when almost coming to a stop... IMO, just use your ride in m mode until you find a tuner that will fix the issue. When i upgraded my ECU it fixed the issue so it would be interesting to ask Nanook if Renntech also fixed this issue.

My tuner was able to fix the esp issue so in am sure you can find a solution with a good tuner.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
No way to completely turn the traction control off in the ML63, from the factory anyways. (Reason why the Cayenne Turbo scored better Than the Merc in the Fifth Gear comparison episode)

May have to go the aftermarket route.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Evo II
Dynomode is probably one way to do it but definitly not the safest way!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:57 PM

2008 ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by MercsDude
No way to completely turn the traction control off in the ML63, from the factory anyways. (Reason why the Cayenne Turbo scored better Than the Merc in the Fifth Gear comparison episode)

May have to go the aftermarket route.
But didn't the Mercedes engineers come in and secretly turn it off? There has to be a way...come on, somebody please leak that info! Knowing the Germans its probably a crazy set of buttons in a specific sequence. Do it wrong and the car will self-destruct
Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
New, old Mercedes and REAL AMG's.
Originally Posted by Rippin'AV
But didn't the Mercedes engineers come in and secretly turn it off? There has to be a way...come on, somebody please leak that info! Knowing the Germans its probably a crazy set of buttons in a specific sequence. Do it wrong and the car will self-destruct
You're right! They did.

It probably is a Top Secret designed to "protect the lives" of Benz drivers

That Cayenne drifting on all four wheels looked like lots of fun though!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML63
Originally Posted by MercsDude
You're right! They did.

It probably is a Top Secret designed to "protect the lives" of Benz drivers

That Cayenne drifting on all four wheels looked like lots of fun though!
old post but no they didnt shut it off. It was still engaged. Even the engineers couldn't shut it completely off.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RR Evoque Dynamic, Benz Valente (work hack)
Dyno mode cuts the power steering too, so not a good idea.

You're mixing 2 Fifth Gear episodes. The first one is with Tiff in the W164 ML63 and they say AMG turned it off but wouldnt say how. After that he's then doing effortless powerslides.

The W166 Vs Cayenne they could not turn it off at all. That and the seat belt tightening as the car thought it was going to crash all the time made it score badly.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML63
Originally Posted by schmick325
Dyno mode cuts the power steering too, so not a good idea.

You're mixing 2 Fifth Gear episodes. The first one is with Tiff in the W164 ML63 and they say AMG turned it off but wouldnt say how. After that he's then doing effortless powerslides.

The W166 Vs Cayenne they could not turn it off at all. That and the seat belt tightening as the car thought it was going to crash all the time made it score badly.
No they did turn it off but it wasent off all the way. So it was partly off. That was with the w166. The w164 episode was NOT a comparison test. So yes they turned it off part way.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:00 PM

W166 ML63
It's a shame you can't turn it off. On my 2010 Jag XKR you just had to hold the down the traction control button for 14 seconds and then it just turned the displays red and left it up to you. Great fun but dangerous if you weren't carefull