ML350 4Matic 2012 CPO best price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
ML350 4Matic 2012 CPO best price?

Hello Experts !

I am in the market for an SUV this time. My current budget for now is around 40K (say +- 5k)
Looks like my choices are:
1) ML 350 4Matic 2012 and up(CPO)
2) BMW X5's 2012 and up (CPO)
3) Lexus Rx350/450 (may be CPO or even New)
4) or Jeep GC (New :P)

My research is going on and on in loops... heart says ML 350..while brain says something else...

Had some very basic novice level questions to the experts out here:
In the MB CPO market here in southern CA, i see 2012 ML 350's (4Matic AWD) going anywhere between 41.5k to 45k
- All have the basic P1 package
- Mileage range is anywhere between 18k-24k
- All one owner pre-leased vehicles

1) What would be considered a good price for the above combination?
2) How do i negotiate a good price with the dealer on a CPO vehicle(has anyone got more than 3 to 4k discounts on the listed price?)
3) Do i take the extended warranty on a CPO?
4) Could i even consider Lease take over (probably some MB dealers would help with that option)
5) I know new ML's could sometime get upto 10% rebates on MSRP but still that would be above 50K and i don't want to up my budget so much
6) How good or bad, is the resale value on the ML's, say i decide to sell the 2012 CPO vehicle in another 2 or 3 years

I know most of the above questions would be dumb or even funny for that matter, but i just hope i too would become an expert one day

Thanks
Abhay
Old 01-06-2015, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
I always stay away from ex-lease vehicles as much as possible. Why? Most lease vehicles are used with the mentality of it is used as it is a rental, meaning a good amount of the leasers don't really take into their hearts on how to mantain or take care of their cars or even feed it with the proper fuel. True that some folks that lease vehicles treat them like they really will own the car but those are only a hand full. So it will be really tough to find something that is in real prestine condition with the right options you are looking for. I would ask the dealer to find you a car that was traded in as it would have a big chance that vehicle was taken good care off. Most of the ex-lease I see on the lot shows wear and tear that someone who does not really know how to maintain it (door dings, interior scratches, spider markings on the paint, oily interior areas where it always gets touched, really dirty engine bay area, really dirty inner part of the rims-if this part of the rims is like new then I guarantee that the person who owned the car is really **** with regards to the cleanliness of the car unless all rims have been refinished by the dealer).

Always buy the ELW of a CPO car. It is a good investement specially for a MB. Good rule of thumb is to negotiate $5k less than the asking price but walk away if it will be less than $2k.

Also see if you can find ex-employee cars as those have better financing rates and guaranteed to be in good shape.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
I always stay away from ex-lease vehicles as much as possible. Why? Most lease vehicles are used with the mentality of it is used as it is a rental, meaning a good amount of the leasers don't really take into their hearts on how to mantain or take care of their cars or even feed it with the proper fuel. True that some folks that lease vehicles treat them like they really will own the car but those are only a hand full. So it will be really tough to find something that is in real prestine condition with the right options you are looking for. I would ask the dealer to find you a car that was traded in as it would have a big chance that vehicle was taken good care off. Most of the ex-lease I see on the lot shows wear and tear that someone who does not really know how to maintain it (door dings, interior scratches, spider markings on the paint, oily interior areas where it always gets touched, really dirty engine bay area, really dirty inner part of the rims-if this part of the rims is like new then I guarantee that the person who owned the car is really **** with regards to the cleanliness of the car unless all rims have been refinished by the dealer).

Always buy the ELW of a CPO car. It is a good investement specially for a MB. Good rule of thumb is to negotiate $5k less than the asking price but walk away if it will be less than $2k.

Also see if you can find ex-employee cars as those have better financing rates and guaranteed to be in good shape.
Thanks Shotgun.
That was helpful info.

Where do i look for these ex-employee cars? Dealer will have this info?
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by abhayms
Thanks Shotgun.
That was helpful info.

Where do i look for these ex-employee cars? Dealer will have this info?
Yes dealers will have this info. Usually they have a different stock number for these as well. Here in Canada an MB employee needs to surrender the car before it hits 15k (not miles) then the financing rate to buy those cars are really low.