Notices
New Members Check In! If you're new to MBworld!, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Benz!!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First MB in Houston, TX. Long time BMW Customer.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes AMG C63 Coupe
First MB in Houston, TX. Long time BMW Customer.

So I've finally made the switch to a 2012 AMG C63 and let me tell you that this has been the best decision (automobile wise) that I have EVER made!!! It taps in to my inner child in ways that no other car I've ever owned can, while at the same time, letting me forget that I'm in a monster of a car while I'm in business mode or with clients. I was in love with this car before I made the decision to purchase, but the best part is every day I keep finding more and more to love about it!

Anyways, enough with the melodrama... But seriously, having test driven most of the competitors, and some quite extensively in overnighters, I would say that the ONE thing that they could've done to make the W204 a truly flawless car, is if they would've taken the DCT transmission from the RS5 and dropped it in this car. Not the AWD, but purely just the way the DCT reacts to gear shifts in Dynamic mode. But that's all, because I'll take this monster of a car any day over the RS5. The Wet clutch automatic is no slouch at all. I just wish they would have made it so that in S+ or Manual mode, that the gear shifts occurred exactly the moment that I push the paddle shift button.

Anyways, I look forward to learning more about this and other beautiful machines on this forum!
https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/driving.gif
Attached Thumbnails First MB in Houston, TX.  Long time BMW Customer.-img_8119.jpg  
Old 09-01-2015, 12:21 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld. Gorgeous ride! Yeah, you can't do much better from a pure driving experience than the C63! She's tame when she needs to be but a beast when you want to get a bit maniacal.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
congrats & welcome aboard...
Old 09-21-2015, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes AMG C63 Coupe
Thanks Guys!

Michael, I need to talk to you soon about upgrading my interior ambient lighting. I would like a more clean white or even blueish led set up for the inside. Specifically the front and rear dome lights but preferably all.

Any ideas?
Old 09-21-2015, 02:18 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by rxavier1979
Thanks Guys!

Michael, I need to talk to you soon about upgrading my interior ambient lighting. I would like a more clean white or even blueish led set up for the inside. Specifically the front and rear dome lights but preferably all.

Any ideas?
Every bulb in your interior uses our 194 wedge LED except the center rear dome that uses a single 41mm festoon LED. If you want something with a slight bluish hue, you'll want our 8000k units. Shoot us a PM with which interior lights you want to replace (footwell ambient, vanity mirror, front dome, rear dome, glove box, trunk, door puddle) and we'll calculate an MBWorld discounted package price.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
welcome nice looking ride