S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

I did a top 5 list of all the things I like about the S-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 VW GTI
Smile I did a top 5 list of all the things I like about the S-Class

My father let me borrow his ride for the day. It's a heavily optioned 2016 S-class. It was a joy to to be in and I honestly think it's better than a Bentley Flying Spur.

Link to video review.

My list

1. Interior - The car had diamond stitched nappa leather with plush pillows which made the interior feel like a spa. The seats had the ability to recline quite far and the right side had the ability to fold into an ottoman configuration. The only downside to the interior is that it's missing a seat because of the executive rear seat package but I think this is rectified by the bump in cabin quality compared to a base model S-class.

2. Ride Quality - This car literally felt like it was flying across the pavement. The heavy weight of the car in tandem with the Magic Body Control option really softened up the ride and greatly dampened any bumps on the road.

3. Surround View Camera - I know most new cars have a surround view camera but it was really useful in this particular car. The car is huge and the different views you have really help with navigating in tight spots. The stitching of the different camera angles gave the illusion that there was a drone flying above you.

4. Privacy - The car has sunshades on the passenger windows as well as the rear windshield. It really made the rear seat passengers feel isolated from the outside world. The sectioned off seats make it feel like a seat in business class.

5. Exterior Styling - The car has this sort of presence that just feels powerful. The deep grill and the sheer size of the car just exaggerated a sort of powerful quality I can't completely describe. It's a huge improvement compared to the W221. It helps that the car is powered by a twin-turbo V8. One thing unrelated to the exterior is that the car is so damn quite considering how powerful it is.