Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

My experience with Kleemann!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450
Thumbs up My experience with Kleemann!

On Tuesday February 25, 2003 I picked up my car at Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs Colorado. We arrived at Kleemann USA at 8:00am, a little earlier than we were expected. Brandon showed us his facilitates. My car was in the first bay with the hood up. A black ML with a Kleemann system and a MBZ G-wagon, filled the other two bays. I was like a kid in a candy store. There were new wheels in boxes and box’s of new parts all around. Brandon wanted to run one last diagnostic test on the car before we took the car. He asked me to pick out the Black Birds Eye Maple laminate for the gauges. He gave me about ten different samples to chose from. He also went over the installation of the new gauges with me.
The new Supercharger system was installed so discreetly that the average person will not even notice that there is anything different about the engine bay. Kleemann USA modifies a CLK430 engine cover so professionally that it looks factory. I carefully looked over the engine bay, everything looked as if Mercedes AMG did it at the factory.

After the diagnostic test Brandon wanted me to take it for a test drive.
I started the car and the first thing I noticed was the car had a deeper throatier exhaust sound. I don’t know why but it just sounded better. The car started right up no hesitation.
As I carefully backed out of the stall, I wondered for a moment if any thing had been done, it was so smooth and seamless. Then I remembered what I had gone through before. The car didn’t smell like exhaust fumes as it did before. There was no super charger whining. The car idled like a Mercedes Benz.

As I turned the wheel there wasn’t any growling or grinding noises, just normal engine noises. No surprises. Nothing that would indicate the car had been modified. There was no noticeable difference in the cars performance while backing out. I must have had an ear-to-ear smile on my face when Brandon got in the car. I then knew that the work that had been done, was done by experienced professionals. Brandon asked me to take the car down the highway. I eased on to the road and got the car up to about 40 MPH. The road was clear so I stepped on the accelerator firmly the car slid a little side ways before the ESP kicked in. I told Brandon, now that is nice HORSEPOWER!. I stepped on the accelerator a few more times so I could hear the exhaust and feel the power. We zipped down the road about 2 miles and came back. As I was going past his shop, my good friend Gary was out front. I wanted him to hear the car scream. I flew by at about 80 MPH. He said the car sounded awesome!

We turned around and came back to the shop to load it up, I was satisfied! In the drive way there was a manhole cover that was built up about 3-4 inches. I wanted to feel the suspension so I drove over it with the right front wheels. The car went over it like it was nothing, just a small bump in the road. I was thoroughly impressed with the car. It hadn’t lost any finesse or drivability. It was everything Kleemann said it would be. Increased Horsepower, smooth stable suspension system, professionally/ factory like installation. At this point I can’t say enough about how well I was taken care of by Kleemann. They did everything they said they would do. They met the time schedule that they quoted. And the performance is as stated. (I will have the car Dyno’d in California to verify the horsepower)
We loaded the car with Brandon’s help. Luckily Brandon noticed that my hitch ball was loose. He took it off and corrected it. Brandon helped tie the car down. This guy knows everything about these cars. The hidden “T” holes to tie down the car. And the correct way to load the car. And of coarse how to circumvent the alarm system, meaning after we had loaded and tied down the car and shrink-wrapped it to protected it from rocks and flying objects. We just started to pull away and the alarm went off. Oh heck I didn’t want to take off the shrink-wrap. Brandon told me to unlock the car open the door and don’t lock it and the alarm will not go off. That’s enough for now, I’ll write more about my driving experiences a little later. I'm very tired 2900 miles in three days is one heck of allot of driving.
I am one happy guy!
Cheers,
Tim

Last edited by Timster; 02-27-2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The pleasure was all ours Tim! This is the way we do things everyday- people should expect nothing less. Im very pleased that you are happy with the CLK- Happy motoring!

BTW- That Range Rover was a MBZ G-wagon! British iron, in my shop? Never!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
LOL, Range Rover what the heck was I thinking?
Noted and corrected!
Tim
Old 02-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tim

That was a great write up! It's write ups like this that inspire people like me to get motivated and get one! Glad you liked it!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:33 PM

It's write ups like this that inspire people like me to get motivated and get one!
That was the whole point.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:43 PM

It is great to hear about this level of professionalism. Kudos to Kleeman

The sad thing is how RARE it is to find ANY business delivering this level of customer care and satisfaction. From restaurants to new car dealerships I am constantly amazed at the low level of appreciation and execution...

When it comes to aftermarket shops... rare barely begins to describe the phenomena here.
Old 02-28-2003, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R170
You are SO right JBrady, my dealership (through whom I've purchased 8 MB's and counting...) wanted to charge me $575 for a spring / shock install! It's ridiculous, they don't realize how much of a difference treating a customer well can make. Look at the Timster's first modding experience... how many people were persuaded to go to that company after that treatment? However, the Round 2 for Timster went quite differently. I've traded several e-mails with Brandon and crew and was blown away by their attention to the customer. But even after reading Timster's writeup about them... I'm even more tempted to drive from OH to CO and have them do the same for Me!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Tim-
I'm sorry I wasn't there to meet you!! I was hoping to be there, but my trip to Knauz Mercedes-Benz in Chicago-land kept me away. I am so very happy to hear you had a good experience! It was a blast doing the installation, and seeing your CLK in person! Just do me one favor- Find a Z06 vette, and show 'em what comfort power is all about!

Kudos to you my friend

-Cory
Old 02-28-2003, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by CoryU
Just do me one favor- Find a Z06 vette, and show 'em what comfort power is all about!

-Cory
I did that once and the Z06 followed me all the way home because he couldn't believe a Mercedes spanked him. There are a ridiculous number of Mercedes in Silicon Valley... Kleemann, you need to get more of them converted to Kleemanns.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by CoryU
Tim-
I'm sorry I wasn't there to meet you!! I was hoping to be there, but my trip to Knauz Mercedes-Benz in Chicago-land kept me away. I am so very happy to hear you had a good experience! It was a blast doing the installation, and seeing your CLK in person! Just do me one favor- Find a Z06 vette, and show 'em what comfort power is all about!

Kudos to you my friend

-Cory
Hi Cory,
My timing turned out to be a little off. But I got the car and am very pleased with it. Maybe we will meet some time in the future?
I have two friends with stock Z06's can't wait to see them in my rear view mirror. Also have a friend that braggs about his NOS set up, planning on spanking him too!
LOL
Later,
Tim
Old 03-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Great write up.

Those posts really do make you want to purchase Kleemann products.

I wish there was a Kleemann dealer in Florida that way i would feel better about the installation of the product.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:47 PM

Corvette Z06
I went with Tim to pick up his MB at Kleeman, and I'm heading to his house now to accept his challenge. I have a 03 Z06, I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GL450
Originally posted by gbecton
I went with Tim to pick up his MB at Kleeman, and I'm heading to his house now to accept his challenge. I have a 03 Z06, I'll keep you posted.
After all those miles I didn't think you'd be ready! LOL
We have to find a place to do this.
I saw a place in Wyoming that had lots of space!
Tim
Old 08-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Almost a Member!

2001 CLK55
Talking

Wow!

Great write up! I am a Long ways from CO. though; what all did you have done if I can ask and how long did it take? I am seriously considering a road trip since noone in this city has AMG that I've seen yet and it just happens I have the next few weeks off!!. Professionalism certainly is becoming a lost art in todays fast paced world it seems the customer is lost after the order is placed Its nice to hear the process went as smoothly as it did for you CONGRATS!!!

Also what size tires are you running?? I have 235/35 19's both front and rear (not my choice) and have heard you need to downsize if you change the suspension and lower the car but I don't know if that is true or not just hear-say at the moment.

It's an AMG ... its physically impossible to drive it SLOW !!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Timster had the Kleemann SC installed over a year ok, and while he was quite satisfied with the power, he ultimately sold the car and does not frequent MBWorld as often as he used to.

Ben
Old 08-20-2004, 06:15 AM
Almost a Member!

Congrets!!!
I am sure that you will like it more...
Old 08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Great write up.

Those posts really do make you want to purchase Kleemann products.

I wish there was a Kleemann dealer in Florida that way i would feel better about the installation of the product.
C2 Design
Tampa, Florida.
813-223-3744

Attn: Chris Chapas
Old 08-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by mnymakr
Wow!

Great write up! I am a Long ways from CO. though; what all did you have done if I can ask and how long did it take? I am seriously considering a road trip since noone in this city has AMG that I've seen yet and it just happens I have the next few weeks off!!. Professionalism certainly is becoming a lost art in todays fast paced world it seems the customer is lost after the order is placed Its nice to hear the process went as smoothly as it did for you CONGRATS!!!
Still thinking of getting that CL? Just kleemannize your CLK and you'll be happy! I am! And on the fwy you'll be like this ----> :p
Old 11-08-2005, 07:58 PM

Timster!!!

Hey Tim I'm about to Kleemannize my CLK500. I am concerned about driveability with the 19 inch rims. What size rims and tires did you have on this car?

Originally Posted by Timster
On Tuesday February 25, 2003 I picked up my car at Kleemann USA in Colorado Springs Colorado. We arrived at Kleemann USA at 8:00am, a little earlier than we were expected. Brandon showed us his facilitates. My car was in the first bay with the hood up. A black ML with a Kleemann system and a MBZ G-wagon, filled the other two bays. I was like a kid in a candy store. There were new wheels in boxes and box’s of new parts all around. Brandon wanted to run one last diagnostic test on the car before we took the car. He asked me to pick out the Black Birds Eye Maple laminate for the gauges. He gave me about ten different samples to chose from. He also went over the installation of the new gauges with me.
The new Supercharger system was installed so discreetly that the average person will not even notice that there is anything different about the engine bay. Kleemann USA modifies a CLK430 engine cover so professionally that it looks factory. I carefully looked over the engine bay, everything looked as if Mercedes AMG did it at the factory.

After the diagnostic test Brandon wanted me to take it for a test drive.
I started the car and the first thing I noticed was the car had a deeper throatier exhaust sound. I don’t know why but it just sounded better. The car started right up no hesitation.
As I carefully backed out of the stall, I wondered for a moment if any thing had been done, it was so smooth and seamless. Then I remembered what I had gone through before. The car didn’t smell like exhaust fumes as it did before. There was no super charger whining. The car idled like a Mercedes Benz.

As I turned the wheel there wasn’t any growling or grinding noises, just normal engine noises. No surprises. Nothing that would indicate the car had been modified. There was no noticeable difference in the cars performance while backing out. I must have had an ear-to-ear smile on my face when Brandon got in the car. I then knew that the work that had been done, was done by experienced professionals. Brandon asked me to take the car down the highway. I eased on to the road and got the car up to about 40 MPH. The road was clear so I stepped on the accelerator firmly the car slid a little side ways before the ESP kicked in. I told Brandon, now that is nice HORSEPOWER!. I stepped on the accelerator a few more times so I could hear the exhaust and feel the power. We zipped down the road about 2 miles and came back. As I was going past his shop, my good friend Gary was out front. I wanted him to hear the car scream. I flew by at about 80 MPH. He said the car sounded awesome!

We turned around and came back to the shop to load it up, I was satisfied! In the drive way there was a manhole cover that was built up about 3-4 inches. I wanted to feel the suspension so I drove over it with the right front wheels. The car went over it like it was nothing, just a small bump in the road. I was thoroughly impressed with the car. It hadn’t lost any finesse or drivability. It was everything Kleemann said it would be. Increased Horsepower, smooth stable suspension system, professionally/ factory like installation. At this point I can’t say enough about how well I was taken care of by Kleemann. They did everything they said they would do. They met the time schedule that they quoted. And the performance is as stated. (I will have the car Dyno’d in California to verify the horsepower)
We loaded the car with Brandon’s help. Luckily Brandon noticed that my hitch ball was loose. He took it off and corrected it. Brandon helped tie the car down. This guy knows everything about these cars. The hidden “T” holes to tie down the car. And the correct way to load the car. And of coarse how to circumvent the alarm system, meaning after we had loaded and tied down the car and shrink-wrapped it to protected it from rocks and flying objects. We just started to pull away and the alarm went off. Oh heck I didn’t want to take off the shrink-wrap. Brandon told me to unlock the car open the door and don’t lock it and the alarm will not go off. That’s enough for now, I’ll write more about my driving experiences a little later. I'm very tired 2900 miles in three days is one heck of allot of driving.
I am one happy guy!
Cheers,
Tim
Old 11-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by DanStubbs
Hey Tim I'm about to Kleemannize my CLK500. I am concerned about driveability with the 19 inch rims. What size rims and tires did you have on this car?
Holy old school thread batman! :p j/k Tim is gone dude. But to answer your question Tim had a set of 19"s on his car when he sold it. Hope that helps. Just do it!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:52 AM

2000 CLK 430
UMMMMMM PICS!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM

66 230S 111.010 02 G500 463
Originally Posted by CoryU
Tim-

Kudos to you my friend

-Cory
Cory - do you work for Kleemann?

Can I get a Kleemann supercharge done @ Knauz in Chicago?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by mb230s
Cory - do you work for Kleemann?

Can I get a Kleemann supercharge done @ Knauz in Chicago?

Yes and Yes. Knauz is highly recommended- very professional and personally trained by me on kompressor installations. Their Tech. that does the install's has about 25 years experience working on MB cars- awesome guy.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:35 AM

66 230S 111.010 02 G500 463
Originally Posted by CoryU
Yes and Yes. Knauz is highly recommended- very professional and personally trained by me on kompressor installations. Their Tech. that does the install's has about 25 years experience working on MB cars- awesome guy.
Will the experience and product match what is done in Colorado? Have they done any G500s? Is the pricing the same?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by mb230s
Will the experience and product match what is done in Colorado? Have they done any G500s? Is the pricing the same?
Pricing for the products is the same- labor will be different. Knauz does a fabulous job- I would trust them with my personal car- they have always done a very nice job, and I don't see any reason why they can't perform an installation equal to the quality you will get at our USA headquarters. Cliff is the name of the tech, and Jim Blanchard is our contact over there. Great bunch of guys. I can't recall if they've ever done a W463- I would give Jim a call and ask him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My experience with Kleemann!