07 r350 electronics malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350, E320, S550, GLA250
07 r350 electronics malfunction

hi:

So my 07 r350 is at the dealership getting my brakes serviced. Once the repairs are done, the dealership usually do a complimentary car wash before the owner picks the vehicle up. When I called my service agent to check status, he said the vehicle won't start after they washed it and they are checking on the issue. After a day, I called back and was told that the water gutter or drainage (I forgot what he called it) was clogged so the water leaked into the electronics which led to the vehicle's issue of not starting . Now, how the hell will that happen to an expensive vehicle when I go to a car wash every week and did not stall me at all? The service agent is billing me for $400+ for having them dry the electronics.

I have an extended warranty and told him to check with them if that is covered and have not gotten a response yet.

Did this ever happen to anyone here before? Any advise is greatly appreciated...
Old 07-30-2014, 10:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
He'd have to do a hell of a lot better than that in terms of describing the error to me. They soaked the electronics and are trying to hose you it sounds like. I dont even know how this is possible unless someone removed something and didnt put it back in its place.

I feel for you my friend. Water + electronics never mix. Not trying to scare you but gremlins could pop up later down the road because of this.

I'd raise unholy hell and even seriously consider a lawyer.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R500
I'd not pay it. They CHOSE to wash the vehicle and that caused the damage. My wife runs her R through the high pressure car wash all the time and has never had a single issue.