S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

'04 S500 will not lock with key or interior buttons but unlocks with both

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S500 4MATIC
Question '04 S500 will not lock with key or interior buttons but unlocks with both

My 2004 S500 4MATIC recently had a broken piece of plastic in the gear selector blocking the solenoid from disengaging. I just replaced it with an aluminum piece so now it works fine again.

While I was disassembling the center console to get the gear select a few things stopped working; car lock buttons, trunk open buttons, and lumbar support.

Oddly enough the car still unlocks with both the key and interior buttons still, and when I hit the lock buttons on either, the compressor can still be heard working and the lights blink as if the doors are locking. The locks just won't go down. The compressor can also be heard when trying to open the trunk.

I had read in another thread that the lock is on the same fuse as the headrest release. Since my headrest release button works I figured this isn't the issue.

The only thing I can think of doing wrong with the disassembly and reassembly of the center console is that I lost the harness for the center console compartment LED. It's possible there may have been damage from the positive coming into contact with the negative.

Any ideas on what the issue could be for the lock, trunk release, and lumbar support to stop working all at once?