S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Well, it came...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by snovvman
Thanks all for the comments and info on CPO. I'll keep that in my pocket if I need to chase it up the ladder.

Upon purchase, the dealer suggested that should MB USA call, I should represent that I made the purchase in person because MB USA frowns upon a dealer selling a CPO remotely.
They screwed up, did a **** poor inspection of the car and called it a CPO. They need to be held accountable so this doesn't happen to someone else. Mercedes takes CPO very seriously and will want to know if a dealer is cutting corners. Unacceptable.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Upon purchase, the dealer suggested that should MBUSA call, I should represent that I made the purchase in person
Do not follow this advice, this is their problem and not yours. To support CPO revisit/repairs (all concerns are covered): CPO http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/cpo#!l...s&state=opened
- Appearance “Lamp Lenses” + Chassis / Body “Glass, Lamp Frames and Lenses”
- Engine Component & System Condition check “Engine Mount check”
- Electrical Systems and Function Test “Heated / Ventilated Seats”
- Appearance “Scuffs and Scratches” (wheels)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 S550,E320 CDI, 911 Turbo 964
Thanks all for the comments and info on CPO. I'll keep that in my pocket if I need to chase it up the ladder.

Upon purchase, the dealer suggested that should MB USA call, I should represent that I made the purchase in person because MB USA frowns upon a dealer selling a CPO remotely.
So they want you to lie to cover up their ineptitude. That's just wrong. A previous CPO I purchased was from Texas, a diesel model that wasn't originally sold in CA, and had it shipped to me in CA. That dealer made no such request.

Who is this dealer you bought from anyway, snovv? I don't think you're dealing with anything that can't be corrected for the right amount of money, but that money sure as heck shouldn't be coming out of your pocket.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NA
Congrats on the new ride, im getting the exact color too when i decide to purchase one. What is the color code of? 890?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You better start looking now. That color is super rare.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
That sucks man. Surely the dealer can fix those problems. About parktronic, the sensors work fine on my 07 and the camera is useful. I also have the park assist feature which is useless especially for 07 since it is the old version. One problem I have is with the indicator lights in the rear. I like that they have different tones so you could tell if it is the front or back sensors but I wish they also put indicator lights on the camera screen like how the front's is on the cluster.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm your huckleberry
Thanks for all the great input and support. It is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mike5215
Nice!!

I'm thinking there's no way the car left the dealer dirty inside and out and with a dead battery. Sounds to me like the transporter ran some "errands' with it along the way. Did the odo documentation line up from sale to transporter to you. Should be no gaps.
Lessons learned on the mileage. I was so stunned by the condition that I did not compare the mileage with the paperwork. It was a few miles off from my purchase paperwork, but I knew that the dealer's detail shop is offsite, so I didn't pursue it during delivery.

Originally Posted by konigstiger
Do not follow this advice, this is their problem and not yours. To support CPO revisit/repairs (all concerns are covered): CPO http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/cpo#!l...s&state=opened
- Appearance “Lamp Lenses” + Chassis / Body “Glass, Lamp Frames and Lenses”
- Engine Component & System Condition check “Engine Mount check”
- Electrical Systems and Function Test “Heated / Ventilated Seats”
- Appearance “Scuffs and Scratches” (wheels)
VERY useful. Thank you for pointing that out. I printed the complete list and will bring that to the dealer tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Windshield Time
So they want you to lie to cover up their ineptitude. That's just wrong. A previous CPO I purchased was from Texas, a diesel model that wasn't originally sold in CA, and had it shipped to me in CA. That dealer made no such request.

Who is this dealer you bought from anyway, snovv? I don't think you're dealing with anything that can't be corrected for the right amount of money, but that money sure as heck shouldn't be coming out of your pocket.
I'll send you a PM on the dealer.

I didn't mention that I found to dings on the car. Nothing that someone would easily notice, but I can clearly see it.

Even the trunk was dirty along with the two compartments under the flaps.

Lastly, the tint was peeling on 3 of the 4 windows. The first thing I dd was to drive to my tint shop, had the old stuff carefully removed and put on some Llumar ceramics.

Again, many thanks for all the comments.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:14 PM

NA
Originally Posted by Jason B
isnt that cavasant(sp) blue?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S550 4Matic
So is the poor Yugo going to need a new home now

Congrats on receiving your new ride, best of luck
Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
2015 S550, 1987 420 SEL
Yeah I agree! Those color of Blue are very limited. Most colors I've been seeing in my search are Black, White and Silver. It sucks trying to find the right color scheme and options included. I have seen the right color and then the options were limited, then I've seen some with the right options and the color scheme is not to my liking. It's a trying process and you have to have some real patience. Check out this Silver one. It has some good mileage and great options but I just can't do Silver.
Attached Thumbnails Well, it came...-1.jpg   Well, it came...-2.jpg   Well, it came...-3.jpg   Well, it came...-4.jpg  
Old 03-03-2015, 07:53 PM

NA
Originally Posted by Prochambers
Yeah I agree! Those color of Blue are very limited. Most colors I've been seeing in my search are Black, White and Silver. It sucks trying to find the right color scheme and options included. I have seen the right color and then the options were limited, then I've seen some with the right options and the color scheme is not to my liking. It's a trying process and you have to have some real patience. Check out this Silver one. It has some good mileage and great options but I just can't do Silver.
I really cant do silver either, i am targeting blue and hopefully i find the right one with the right options, i wouldn't mind a white with Pano roof though.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
beautiful color, beautiful car, sorry to hear all the problems you are having, good luck...
Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Always a real bummer when you are expecting pristine and get anything less. A real disappointment. I tend to fly out and drive them back so I get one final shot to abandon ship before I own it.

good luck getting it sorted, doesn't sound like anything devastating and you have a warranty.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Originally Posted by goosesedan
Congrats on the new ride, im getting the exact color too when i decide to purchase one. What is the color code of? 890?
Thanks! Yes it is 890.

Originally Posted by goosesedan
isnt that cavasant(sp) blue?
In the U.S., it is called Lunar Blue. The paint code 890 is the same for both Lunar Blue and Cavansite Blue.

Originally Posted by Bill-W221
So is the poor Yugo going to need a new home now

Congrats on receiving your new ride, best of luck
Cheers. I'll keep the Yugo for now--at least it idles smoothly :-/

Originally Posted by DATURK
beautiful color, beautiful car, sorry to hear all the problems you are having, good luck...
I'll report back how my local dealer works out. The info provided here have been invaluable.

I do have a few more questions--

1) The locking audible feedback is the horn?!! No pleasant beep for the big Benz??? And there is no unlock audible option?

2) While in gear, the car will put itself into Park if I open the door. I realize this is perhaps a safety/convenience feature, but I wish the car didn't try to think for me. I sometimes open the door as I backup to get a better view. I also open the door to wave my transponder to exit my office parking lot (I know I can open the window, but the tint is drying). These actions force me to have to re-shift the car into gear. I presume I cannot change this behavior unless I have the factory programming tool?

3) Lack of on-center/return-to-center steering feel. It is almost like there is not enough caster in the front suspension geometry. Is this normal? When I make a u-turn, I have to move the wheel back because it doesn't self-return.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:26 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
<snip> doesn't sound like anything devastating and you have a warranty.
I agree. I just hope they replace the headlights. That will definitely bother me. I presume the lens is not a removable?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
I think you may be able to heat them up and separate it, but I would imagine that could have troubling and worse after effects.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Photo showing two cool options:

B&O menu--True Image can be set to Surround or Reference
Surround mode (or Optimization for Reference) can bet set to Front, Rear, or All. I haven't done any critical listening with a quality source, so I'll reserve judgement. I have no idea what that vertical row of glowing dots are.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Photos from yesterday........ The sun was out--the photos do not do the layers of dirt justice.

Last edited by snovvman; 03-03-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 HARLEY FLHTK, 2013 SL550, 2014 S63
Thanks! Yes it is 890.

In the U.S., it is called Lunar Blue. The paint code 890 is the same for both Lunar Blue and Cavansite Blue.

Cheers. I'll keep the Yugo for now--at least it idles smoothly :-/

I'll report back how my local dealer works out. The info provided here have been invaluable.

I do have a few more questions--

1) The locking audible feedback is the horn?!! No pleasant beep for the big Benz??? And there is no unlock audible option?

2) While in gear, the car will put itself into Park if I open the door. I realize this is perhaps a safety/convenience feature, but I wish the car didn't try to think for me. I sometimes open the door as I backup to get a better view. I also open the door to wave my transponder to exit my office parking lot (I know I can open the window, but the tint is drying). These actions force me to have to re-shift the car into gear. I presume I cannot change this behavior unless I have the factory programming tool?

3) Lack of on-center/return-to-center steering feel. It is almost like there is not enough caster in the front suspension geometry. Is this normal? When I make a u-turn, I have to move the wheel back because it doesn't self-return.

Thanks.
Please let me know what you find out about the horn, I cant freaking take it, is sounds terrible, I'm use to to crisp loud benz horn which I can't get any info...
Old 03-03-2015, 10:22 PM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 S63, 2013 E350 Bluetec
Those pictures look like an open carriers, not enclosed. Did I misread? Or was it supposed to come enclosed but came open instead?
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Originally Posted by ChuckinTucson
Those pictures look like an open carriers, not enclosed. Did I misread? Or was it supposed to come enclosed but came open instead?
It was defined as enclosed--heavy tarp that roll down and cover the sides. During unload, the tarps are rolled up. I paid for hard-sided enclosed, but that was what came. Don't get me started about the shipping broker and truck driver. What they did should be criminal....
Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300

That is so cool. I wish mine came with a bottle opener.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Originally Posted by Mike5215

That is so cool. I wish mine came with a bottle opener.
Haha. It came with four--one for each passenger--and the driver. Now I need one of those cup holder that hangs off of the door. Classy!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wait, your horn beeps when you lock and unlock? I have just a nice audible electronic beep b
Old 03-03-2015, 11:32 PM

I'm your huckleberry
Wait, your horn beeps when you lock and unlock? I have just a nice audible electronic beep b
No such luck. The horn briefly honks only locking. No sound option when unlocking.

What year is your car? On the 2013 manual, starting on page 388, it reads "If you activate the Acoustic Lock Feedback function, an audible signal sounds depending on the vehicle's date of manufacture:

when locking

or

once when unlocking and three times when
locking"

For my 2013, the horn briefly honks when locking, no audible tone when unlocking. What the !@$%? Am I driving a Honda?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Well, it came...