E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

17 E300 Lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 01:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
01 s600
17 E300 Lease

Anyone have any luck getting any lease quotes???
Old 07-04-2016, 01:11 AM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
So far I've only gotten pricing from one dealership:
MSRP is $58,725.
$879 a month for 36 months.
12K annual miles.
$0 due at signing.
The following users liked this post:
vaishalp (07-12-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 286 Posts
EQ
Thanks for posting your offer. It's clear that if you want in early, you'll have to pay a bit more. I wonder what prices/discounts will look like a year from now. In the U.S. getting 10-12k off MSRP has been a given for years, well at least in dealer rich Southern California I should say. My current (W212, not W213) lease is:

MSRP: 65,000
Annual Mileage: 15,000
Payment: 661
2,000 down

Last edited by teksurv; 07-04-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 AM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
I have a feeling after a year or two they will have the 10-12K discount but I was surprised to get about 3100 off from just walking into the dealership. I was expecting no discount but the lease is still awful.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
well the price better get to 10K off by December cause thats when Ill be looking!
Old 07-04-2016, 02:32 PM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by joshg1001
well the price better get to 10K off by December cause thats when Ill be looking!
Same here! My lease is up around then. They should do something for the winter event I would think.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15 Tesla Model S
The lease deal in the 2nd post is crazy... Leasing new new cars is a terrible idea... You can lease a well equipped MSRP 74k BMW 550i in the mid 700s. Would be crazy to lease basically a 528 equiv at 58k MSRP for upper 800s!

What did 2014 E350s lease at? 500s?
Old 07-05-2016, 04:44 PM

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
2014 E550, 2015 E63S, 2017 G63 - RIP
Originally Posted by white_raven0
The lease deal in the 2nd post is crazy... Leasing new new cars is a terrible idea... You can lease a well equipped MSRP 74k BMW 550i in the mid 700s. Would be crazy to lease basically a 528 equiv at 58k MSRP for upper 800s!

+1

My lease payment for W212 2014 FULLY loaded E550 4Matic is less than that!
Drove W213 E300 yesterday and less than impressed...
Old 07-05-2016, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 286 Posts
EQ
What's that lease payment on the 2014? How much down?

Originally Posted by fallen
+1

My lease payment for W212 2014 FULLY loaded E550 4Matic is less than that!
Drove W213 E300 yesterday and less than impressed...
Old 07-05-2016, 06:40 PM

2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe

Of course that's obviously a horrendous deal hence the "So far I've only gotten pricing from one dealership so far." Come December or so and there will be more discounts and it'll be a lot cheaper.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by teksurv
What's that lease payment on the 2014? How much down?
$0 down (CAP reduction), 36 month lease with 10K/year
Monthly payment = $863 with CA tax included...
Old 07-05-2016, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 214 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Just thought I would post the specials on '17 e300 4matic offered on the MBUSA website since the numbers posted so far seem high.

Of course the posted $569 per month has a cap cost reduction which would increase payment by just over $100 per month (if cap cost reduction was $0) and the msrp may be a little low so that may increase the payment as well as mileage for 36 months but nonetheless the number quoted so far seem to be too high. Also I have noticed in the past when I purchased my '14 and '16 S550 4matics that regions on the MBUSA website might not show the same information. For example I live in PA but when I traveled to CA for business I noticed the websites may show different numbers. So the below is what I pulled from the MBUSA website from my home in PA.

2017 E300 4MATIC® Sedan

LEASE DETAILS
Available only to qualified customers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services at participating dealers through August 01, 2016. Not everyone will qualify. Advertised 36 months lease payment based on MSRP of $55,575 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $54,755. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect your actual lease payment. Includes Destination Charge. Excludes title, taxes, registration, license fees, insurance, dealer prep and additional options. Total monthly payments equal $20,484. Cash due at signing includes $3,899 capitalized cost reduction, $795 acquisition fee and first month’s lease payment of $569. No security deposit required. Total payments equal $25,178. At lease end, lessee pays for any amounts due under the lease, any official fees and taxes related to the scheduled termination, excess wear and use plus $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles, and $595 vehicle turn-in fee. Purchase option at lease end for $33,901 plus taxes (and any other fees and charges due under the applicable lease agreement) in example shown. Subject to credit approval. Specific vehicles are subject to availability and may have to be ordered. See participating dealer for details. Please always wear your seat belt, drive safely and obey speed limits.
Special lease rates may not be reflected in lease calculator prices shown on MBUSA.com. Please see your dealer for final pricing.
Special lease rates may not be reflected in prices shown on MBUSA.com. Please see your dealer for final pricing.

Last edited by MTrauman; 07-05-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
The lease deal in the 2nd post is crazy... Leasing new new cars is a terrible idea...
Leasing any car seems like a terrible idea... I've never understood it myself.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
Leasing any car seems like a terrible idea... I've never understood it myself.

I have leased only one new car in my life (2001 S500) years ago. I advise people on buying cars for cash versus buying and financing versus leasing cars in my day job.

But to say leasing is a terrible idea misses the mark. I do not like leasing personally but the key to your post is "I've never understood it myself".

The key to leasing is understanding the fine details in the calculations and comparing that to buying a car with cash or financing it. Additionally, if you buy a car for business and do not lease, one needs to understand how the depreciation works relative to like-kind exchanges if you trade the car in versus simply selling the car outright. I have spent my career advising people in financial planning and most people do not know how to calculate a lease and figure out if it is good compared to cash purchase, cash/finance purchase, or a leasing transaction. The devil is in the understanding and the details. And most people do not want to understand the details so they will say to me I would never lease but in reality they do not understand the leasing transactions.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes benz c300 2015
Originally Posted by MTrauman
I have leased only one new car in my life (2001 S500) years ago. I advise people on buying cars for cash versus buying and financing versus leasing cars in my day job.

But to say leasing is a terrible idea misses the mark. I do not like leasing personally but the key to your post is "I've never understood it myself".

The key to leasing is understanding the fine details in the calculations and comparing that to buying a car with cash or financing it. Additionally, if you buy a car for business and do not lease, one needs to understand how the depreciation works relative to like-kind exchanges if you trade the car in versus simply selling the car outright. I have spent my career advising people in financial planning and most people do not know how to calculate a lease and figure out if it is good compared to cash purchase, cash/finance purchase, or a leasing transaction. The devil is in the understanding and the details. And most people do not want to understand the details so they will say to me I would never lease but in reality they do not understand the leasing transactions.
From how i see it, most cases you want to finance you car. Now this dose depend on apr, the cost of the car and maybe some other factors, but most people will be better off financing a car than saving the full amount and sinking it.
I don't get how its financially smart to sink tens of thousands of dollars in a car. My understanding is that money is worth more now than it is in the future. So to sink your money in a depreciating asset just doesn't make sense to me. As well, it hurts you long term. Buying a car in cash or outright does not help your credit score which we all know will cost you more money when you go to use it in the future. In my opinion it is best to finance, if your interested in owning it rather than outright buying it.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:17 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Do some dealers give you a better discount on the car itself if you finance through them rather than pay cash?
Old 07-07-2016, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15 Tesla Model S
In many cases leasing makes much better financial sense, especially if you want a new car every 3 years. This is especially true for BMWs, which frequently have inflated residuals. I guarantee if you bought that 2014 E350 2.5 years ago, you wouldn't be able to sell it for 60% of the MSRP this Christmas, especially given it was discounted by like 10k when you bought it. However if you leased, that residual is guaranteed. It's like a forward sale agreement.

Take another example, let's say you are getting a 60k car and you get a 10% or 6k discount. If you are buying, then your payments are lowered by 10%. But if instead you are leasing, and the residual is 60%, then your payment has been reduced by something around 25% (6k out of 24k depreciation)! I haven't leased any MBs, but several BMWs. In many cases, leasing is mathematically (in $) better than buying, even tho you are getting into a new car every 3 years, then driving the same old car for maybe 7 to 8 years.

Different companies operate differently. BMWs discount heavily at times and have inflated residuals and low MF, leading to amazing leases. Audi and Porsche instead really don't like leases and have terrible residuals and MF and Porsche even has a max price allowed on their models eventho their options cost crazy amounts. Generally all Audi and Porsche lease deals are terrible and you are better off buying and selling instead of leasing. I think MB is somewhere between BMW and Porsche in terms of leasing attractiveness.

Last edited by white_raven0; 07-07-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 E350 4Matic, 900WHP IS300
In many cases leasing makes much better financial sense, especially if you want a new car every 3 years. This is especially true for BMWs, which frequently have inflated residuals. I guarantee if you bought that 2014 E350 2.5 years ago, you wouldn't be able to sell it for 60% of the MSRP this Christmas, especially given it was discounted by like 10k when you bought it. However if you leased, that residual is guaranteed. It's like a forward sale agreement.

Take another example, let's say you are getting a 60k car and you get a 10% or 6k discount. If you are buying, then your payments are lowered by 10%. But if instead you are leasing, and the residual is 60%, then your payment has been reduced by something around 25% (6k out of 24k depreciation)! I haven't leased any MBs, but several BMWs. In many cases, leasing is mathematically (in $) better than buying, even tho you are getting into a new car every 3 years, then driving the same old car for maybe 7 to 8 years.

Different companies operate differently. BMWs discount heavily at times and have inflated residuals and low MF, leading to amazing leases. Audi and Porsche instead really don't like leases and have terrible residuals and MF and Porsche even has a max price allowed on their models eventho their options cost crazy amounts. Generally all Audi and Porsche lease deals are terrible and you are better off buying and selling instead of leasing. I think MB is somewhere between BMW and Porsche in terms of leasing attractiveness.

White Raven you are seriously spot on with your comment. Was going to contribute to this thread literally with the exact same information LOL. Awesome.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:50 PM

2014 BMW 528xi, 2014 BMW GT 328xi

I've been buying and leasing BMWs exclusively for the last 16 years, and it's a proven fact, that leasing BMW makes much more financial sense, then buying it, even if you end up keeping it for longer, than 3 years.
I had 2006 3 series, that I bought for cash and kept for 9 years.
When I sold it and calculated the price of the ownership, based on the actual numbers, it became abundantly clear, that leasing is the way to go. And I was lucky not having any major repairs needed in the 9 years, I've owned it.
If you end up having repairs done, the whole math of purchase is down the toilet.
And you are driving an outdated luxury car, that at the current rate of technological advancement, is a misnomer of sorts.
I have a feeling, that, even though BMW historically offers higher residuals, MB allows for steeper discounts, that levels the leasing playfield to some extent.
I will find that out in December, when I'm ready to lease, and the choice will be b/w 2017 E-class and new 5 Series BMW, that is due around that time.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by Mplayers2006

I don't get how its financially smart to sink tens of thousands of dollars in a car. My understanding is that money is worth more now than it is in the future. So to sink your money in a depreciating asset just doesn't make sense to me.

So you say you don't get how it is financial smart to sink tens of thousands of dollars in a car. This statement has nothing to do with whether you lease or buy (cash or finance). In this case buy a 10 year old car with low miles and run the damn thing into the ground. Virtually no depreciation.

Now if you want to talk about how driving a certain car with the understanding you will pay for depreciation one way or the other and you will pay for financing costs or opportunity costs if you pay cash for a car one still needs to look at each situation individually to determine if it is best to lease a particular car at a given point. But most people develop biases and do not want to look at the details. Every purchase/lease transaction needs to be looked at individually to determine which is best PERIOD.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:11 PM

2014 BMW 528xi, 2014 BMW GT 328xi
Originally Posted by MTrauman
So you say you don't get how it is financial smart to sink tens of thousands of dollars in a car. This statement has nothing to do with whether you lease or buy (cash or finance). In this case buy a 10 year old car with low miles and run the damn thing into the ground. Virtually no depreciation.

Now if you want to talk about how driving a certain car with the understanding you will pay for depreciation one way or the other and you will pay for financing costs or opportunity costs if you pay cash for a car one still needs to look at each situation individually to determine if it is best to lease a particular car at a given point. But most people develop biases and do not want to look at the details. Every purchase/lease transaction needs to be looked at individually to determine which is best PERIOD.
I agree, the decision is different from one brand and model to another.
But it's an easy one to make, given an abundance of offerings with acceptable finance terms
Old 07-07-2016, 07:28 PM

Mercedes benz c300 2015
Originally Posted by shortspark
Do some dealers give you a better discount on the car itself if you finance through them rather than pay cash?
I see cash being always king, I'm sure you will be able to get a slightly better deal but without good negotiation skills, you can end up paying the same price as bill paid when he financed his purchase.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Mercedes benz c300 2015
I'm very interested in leasing due partially to I like new shxt. I was unable to do a lease since all Mercedes's benz leases must be financed through MB financial services and I was rejected 14 or 16 months ago. My score was lower 700, but I didnt have any past auto loans, mortgage, or anything showing a long term commitment. My age of credit history was about 2 years across all 3 bureaus. Luckily I was able to just purchase my benz and I had no problem finding a financial institution leading me the money.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts
2016 E350 2015 ML250 2002 Z06 CORVETTE
Originally Posted by Mplayers2006
I see cash being always king, I'm sure you will be able to get a slightly better deal but without good negotiation skills, you can end up paying the same price as bill paid when he financed his purchase.
Cash is not King in the car business. Having sold well over 100,000 vehicles, I can assure you I got paid for all of them ultimately in cash. Financing or leasing the vehicle just added to my profit potential.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:49 PM

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...isconceptions/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 17 E300 Lease