SL-Class (R129) 1990-2002: SL 280, SL 300, SL 320, SL 500, SL 600, SL 60 AMG

SL/R129: Window Motor, Top Controller, or ??? -94 SL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 SL500
Window Motor, Top Controller, or ??? -94 SL500

Today my LH (drivers door) window began acting up. It raises fine with the switch but when lowering it only moves an inch or so and then stops. You then have to release the switch and press it again, having to do it multiple times to lower the window all the way. When doing so you can hear the relay in the top module cycling. Occasionally it will operate correctly (and also auto down). Of course the top won't lower unless you catch it a cycle where the window lowered as it should. I've tried syncing without any success (engine off, trunk closed, etc). I've replaced the fuses to insure there's good contact. I also disconnected the battery for half an hour.

Here are a few twists to the story that I have no idea whether or not they could be related. #1- Due to a broken garage door spring I just got her back from the body shop where they had to refinish the passenger door, right rear quarter, deck lid and driver's side quarter panel. They were not in the driver's door however. #2- She got caught with the top down for a brief minute when an errant rain cloud in an otherwise blue sky poured down for a minute. The console was wet in the window switch area.

I've spent time searching numerous threads but haven't found a problem similar to mine. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thanks

Last edited by Bigbore; 07-17-2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typos