SLS AMG Gullwing (C197, R197) 2010 - 2014

SLS/R197/C197 AMG: SLS bodykit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLS AMG
SLS bodykit?

So just wanted to see your thoughts guys on the PriorDesign body kit and the MISHA design body kits for the SLS AMG? Do you think it would like ruin the uniqueness of the car or it would make it nicer? I just feel my car is kind of plain and there's just not too much aggressive air vents on the body panels? Let me know what you guys think

Old 06-06-2015, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 145 Posts
SLS AMG
Body Kits are always a tricky thing. The Red car looks like a knock off Black Series. The car in Silver is a little better looking IMO. Personally, I am going to stay away from any of that. A lot of the aftermarket wheels are also horrid. In the end, do what you want and have fun! Here are many choices.... > https://www.google.com/search?q=cust...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Last edited by NewportSLS; 06-06-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
I love this kit however it will definitely reduce the resale value and destroy it over a long term.

I think the SLS will be a real collectors car in the future due to a very limited run so if you have an interest in resale or investment I would stay away.

If you want it to look great and don't mind taking a hit go for it.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:10 PM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by NewportSLS
Body Kits are always a tricky thing. The Red car looks like a knock off Black Series. The car in Silver is a little better looking IMO. Personally, I am going to stay away from any of that. A lot of the aftermarket wheels are also horrid. In the end, do what you want and have fun! Here are many choices.... > https://www.google.com/search?q=cust...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Yea you're right the Misha looks kind of wrong, the body kit doesn't fit right, there are many other companies that they have like kind of better kits like SGA and other companies but I'm still thinking if I should go with it or just add some front lip, rear diffuser and other stuff
Old 06-06-2015, 05:11 PM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by F1BHP
I love this kit however it will definitely reduce the resale value and destroy it over a long term.

I think the SLS will be a real collectors car in the future due to a very limited run so if you have an interest in resale or investment I would stay away.

If you want it to look great and don't mind taking a hit go for it.
You are right about it being reduced as a resale value, but that happens when you get like a wide body kit I guess and alter it, unlike just removing the bumpers and get different ones
Old 06-07-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I think the best body kit was made by ASMA ....
Attached Thumbnails SLS bodykit?-asma-mercedes-sls-amg-fotoshowbigimage-d933ca1b-567718.jpg  
Old 06-07-2015, 09:51 PM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by cls55
I think the best body kit was made by ASMA ....
Thats one crazy body kit lol
Old 06-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

SL55 AMG
Prior Design is a great company, and their kits all are beautiful and the fitment is superb. While the SLS will be a collectors car, having a body kit(a very nice one) does not make it any less valued by the community. In fact, there are lots of individuals that would be willing to pay more for the car.

Give them a call or email at 866-997-2336 or info@priordesignnorthamerica.com
Old 06-08-2015, 06:52 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
Hello,

We think both are very nice, but you can also look into options such as BRABUS. They offer Carbon Front Spoiler and Rear diffuser. It won't throw off the original SLS aggressive look but give the SLS a more distinctive taste. Please let us know if you need pricing.

Thank you,
3W Distributing
Old 06-08-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Originally Posted by ExclusiveAuto
Prior Design is a great company, and their kits all are beautiful and the fitment is superb. While the SLS will be a collectors car, having a body kit(a very nice one) does not make it any less valued by the community. In fact, there are lots of individuals that would be willing to pay more for the car. Give them a call or email at 866-997-2336 or info@priordesignnorthamerica.com
Finding a buyer for an SLS is rare. Finding a buyer for a highly modified SLS is even rarer. Finding a buyer willing to pay a premium for a highly modified SLS is like capturing a unicorn.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
sl600
I am sure the guys saying it will be fine are guys who actually sell kits.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:51 AM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Tjandegi
Finding a buyer for an SLS is rare. Finding a buyer for a highly modified SLS is even rarer. Finding a buyer willing to pay a premium for a highly modified SLS is like capturing a unicorn.
Yea you're right, but like I'm not having the idea of selling it anytime soon, so like i don't know I'm still thinking about taking that step
Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 AM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by F1BHP
I am sure the guys saying it will be fine are guys who actually sell kits.
I guess so too, they sounded like promotors lol
Old 06-09-2015, 11:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
G63, SLS AMG, Shelby GT350
Originally Posted by dabba
Yea you're right, but like I'm not having the idea of selling it anytime soon, so like i don't know I'm still thinking about taking that step
Yeah of course, it's your car and if you like a body kit then go for it! I like a lot of the body kits except the fabdesign, especially their wing. I would love to add a rear end that looks like the BS but am holding off for now. You can always go back to stock. I was just stating that I would not assume adding a body kit will retain its value or add value as the previous poster stated.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:23 AM

SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Tjandegi
Yeah of course, it's your car and if you like a body kit then go for it! I like a lot of the body kits except the fabdesign, especially their wing. I would love to add a rear end that looks like the BS but am holding off for now. You can always go back to stock. I was just stating that I would not assume adding a body kit will retain its value or add value as the previous poster stated.
Yeah I totally agree, i experienced that with my previous S class the value dropped like hell lol