Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by Speedriven
Well hello, lol, that got out of hand quickly

I want to be very clear with the promises and progress of the headers of the 32 and srt6 group buy. ( Which I dont even know why honestly was brought into this thread. A phone call or email, or even a reply in the appropriate section would have sufficed and I would have responded accordingly, now I probably need to create a new thread for the whipple kit.)

The headers were a project that was started by another former employee with the intention of having a well made shorty style header available for the 32 and srt6 crew. He posted to see if people were interested, and they were, so deposits were sent to reserve places. The flanges on both sides of the headers were then sent out to the CNC mill and 10 sets were made. All of the necessary piping was also purchased along with the 3-1 collectors. The cost of just the materials were significantly more than the amount of the deposits, which should show that the project is serious. A jig was built along with a set of development headers, which were supposed to be tested on two cars, both of which backed out, which leaves us without a car for fitment. The development of the headers is still underway, and now dropped on our shoulders as the employee that started them is no longer here.

Please forgive me if any details have been left out as I am simply stating what I know as I came into the shop. The project was started well before I started here and I want to assure people that I am going to handle it accordingly and have the project completed in a timely manner. If anyone has an issue I will do whatever is necessary to correct the situation, including refunding deposits, but we already have a 8 person waiting list that will fill those places.

In regards to the whipple juicy updates coming next week in a new thread

Thanks!!

Aleks
i posted it here because the original thread was getting zero response when asked about the headers. actually the response was word for word the canned response you gave me on here. alex i have already had dealings with you on the fone and the replies were less than satisfactory on another unrelated issue, so public forum seems to get your attention. to be clear the op wasnt whipple specific rather look at the NEW projects we are doing. so asking 47 posts in about headers seems appropriate as it was a NEW project 7 months ago.
as for the cost being more than the deposit speedriven knew this before the first piece of metal was cut. the deposit was to show interest and you received the interest you wanted. the project wasnt DROPPED on the shoulders of speedriven when rudy left it started as a single set he was going to build for me before he came to speedriven into a group buy the shop wanted to do. please dont drop this on rudy he was more than willing to build them but as an employee he didnt get to decide what gets built and what doesnt.
a simple post on the crossfire forum could have you more than a few xfires over the winter in chicago. if you still need a car for mockup maybe thats were you could find what you need.
as for the timeline i posted it as a general amount of time not specific but considering we are 7 months in with not even a single picture of a header i can safely guess a yr wouldnt be out of line
if you have 8 more waiting for headers lets open the group buy up again to reduce the cost to the 20 person buy level.

Last edited by 320 dreamer; 04-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
They don't owe anyone an explanation except the customers they are working with in regards to these headers. The telephone and email are a much better way to communicate such information. If you had genuine interest in one of their products or these headers, you could have called or emailed them and got all the information you wanted. Instead you make an out of line and insulting post and continue to muck up this thread which is about another product altogether. Please call or email Speedriven with any questions or concerns. They are very friendly and will talk to anyone, even if you're not a customer. What you are doing here is wrong and uncalled for. Like I said, if you genuinely wanted to know, you would have picked up the phone, spoke with Aleks or Marcin, and got your answer.
The person who brought the header topic to this thread ( 320dreamer ) DOES have interest in these headers. I just kept pushing the question until Speedriven finally answered. You are right, I have no interest in it...but he does. And there is a reason he posted it here.

Originally Posted by Thericker
Wrong again blowhard! My SL isn't my only car or only fast car ever owned. My past C6 Vette modded to hilt 3.90 gears, every bolton possible 3100 lbs 420 rwp & tq (though I'm primarily a street racer, I ran her in AZ Trapped low 120's w/miserable 60' due to runflats then switched to Cups, faired little better) point being SL hasn't seen real 1/4 but heavily st raced which I'm not proud of it's too dangerous these days. But if circumstances arise I still induldge in a short Run here n there.. Lame I know..

I've been a fan & been to many E-Coast tracks as a kid w/my grandparents (he got me into the whole scene, I've also frequented many West coast tracks as a fan, but again the closest to my home in SB is a 4+ hr 1 way deal in fair traffic so an 8hr ordeal (not my idea of fun)

I'll gladly frequent any 1/4 mi if it was closer say 2- hrs 1 way but LA raceway (only trk that was in my backyard) has been closed for yrs & was only an 1/8 th mile. Still doesn't change the fact I'm a fan thru & thru & have ran 1/4

As for your pathetic excuses for high DA & poor track prep accounting for your 119 trap speed, talk about excuses lol, if you have poor traction it actually can net a higher trap, your 55 is inordinately slow for the mods you list period..
This alone shows that you are a bench racer. I have HUNDREDS of hours tracking cars. My own cars rarely see the track compared to what I do with other peoples cars. And saying that more wheel spin will cause your traps to go up is the dumbest thing posted on this entire thread. It just shows how little you know and why you have to PAY someone to build your car since you obviously can't do it for yourself.

If wheel spin makes your traps go up, then explain this to me? When I was bone stock my car ran 13.1@111mph on my worn out factory tires ( almost to the wires ). Then I switched out the tires and ran a 12.5@114mph. Hmmm....less wheel spin brought me 3 more mph. Impossible you say?

Next, when I modded my car I took it out and ran the same 12.5@118mph with sick amounts of wheel spin. The track was not prepped. I go another day when the track was better prepped and I ran 11.8@119mph ( .3 mph shy of 120mph ). Again, I gained 1.5mph by simply having more traction. This cannot be you must...

So get this... The very same day I ran 11's, there were 3 Nissan GT-R's...all running 11.1-11.3's at 122-123mph bone stock. I later raced two of those GT-R's and I beat them BOTH from a 50mph roll.

You're head must be exploding at this time because you must think it's impossible.

Wheel spin doesn't make your traps go higher, on the contrary. The use of slicks makes your traps sometimes lower, but it's not because they hook up hard, it's because they cause additional drag from being so empty and from their compound. If you'd actually race your car you might know this.

BTW- My turn E55 is quicker than your 7,000whp SL...and I have the papers to prove it.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG

Thanks!!

Aleks
This is definitely a good idea. I didn't mean for this to go south so quick but your leg humpers are very zealous and thus they could not contain their fury when someone questioned their God. I'm sorry.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SRT-6
I didn't know Rudy had left and now understand why we got no updates. Now that Speedriven has been reminded of the group buy what is going to happen? Do we get our deposits back or are you going to get to work on finishing the project? I was in the group buy on faith in Rudy. No Rudy ......... little faith and less patience. I'll put it clearly. Make my headers or refund my money.

Les
Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
You're just lost period...

Originally Posted by GT-ER
The person who brought the header topic to this thread ( 320dreamer ) DOES have interest in these headers. I just kept pushing the question until Speedriven finally answered. You are right, I have no interest in it...but he does. And there is a reason he posted it here.

This alone shows that you are a bench racer. I have HUNDREDS of hours tracking cars. My own cars rarely see the track compared to what I do with other peoples cars. And saying that more wheel spin will cause your traps to go up is the dumbest thing posted on this entire thread. It just shows how little you know and why you have to PAY someone to build your car since you obviously can't do it for yourself.

If wheel spin makes your traps go up, then explain this to me? When I was bone stock my car ran 13.1@111mph on my worn out factory tires ( almost to the wires ). Then I switched out the tires and ran a 12.5@114mph. Hmmm....less wheel spin brought me 3 more mph. Impossible you say?

Next, when I modded my car I took it out and ran the same 12.5@118mph with sick amounts of wheel spin. The track was not prepped. I go another day when the track was better prepped and I ran 11.8@119mph ( .3 mph shy of 120mph ). Again, I gained 1.5mph by simply having more traction. This cannot be you must...

So get this... The very same day I ran 11's, there were 3 Nissan GT-R's...all running 11.1-11.3's at 122-123mph bone stock. I later raced two of those GT-R's and I beat them BOTH from a 50mph roll.

You're head must be exploding at this time because you must think it's impossible.

Wheel spin doesn't make your traps go higher, on the contrary. The use of slicks makes your traps sometimes lower, but it's not because they hook up hard, it's because they cause additional drag from being so empty and from their compound. If you'd actually race your car you might know this.

BTW- My turn E55 is quicker than your 7,000whp SL...and I have the papers to prove it.

Originally Posted by GT-ER

You are the MBW village idiot, extra loss of traction can increase final trap speed
Here's a great example.. Notice Lower slower ET in some cases nets a higher Trap speed..
11.61 @ 120.330 his 60' was faster @ 1.81 then w/slower spinning 60' of 1.89 he ran slower 11.64 @ guess what FASTER OVERALL TRAP of 121.400 he was even running faster @ 1/8th w/lower overall ET... Do the math dipsh*t you don't kno ***!

You're bragging about running 13's wtf are you sure it's not a prior Taxi-cab??? A proper BONE STOCK dwn to whls/tires/filters E55 should run basement 12's to 11.7x-11.9x throw in the towel dude................

AMG*2005*V12Godspeed*18)11.612 @120.330*7.546*95.600*1.812*

Mercedes-Benz*CL65 AMG*2005*V12Godspeed*19)11.649 @121.400*7.601*95.980 1.892*

Last edited by Thericker; 04-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
I will be sure that the group buy for the headers will be completed as planned. I will post into the crossfire forum to address those people who did put a deposit. Again, my offer stands that if you are unhappy I will make it right, if you would like a refund on your deposit that is completely fine, but the project is going ahead as planned.

If you have any questions or anything that I may help with I am more than willing to do whatever it takes to make our customers happy. Please contact me personally to address any problems and I will be sure to handle them accordingly.

Thank you
Aleks
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
You are the MBW village idiot, extra loss of traction can increase final trap speed
Here's a great example.. Notice Lower slower ET in some cases nets a higher Trap speed..
11.61 @ 120.330 his 60' was faster @ 1.81 then w/slower spinning 60' of 1.89 he ran slower 11.64 @ guess what FASTER OVERALL TRAP of 121.400 he was even running faster @ 1/8th w/lower overall ET... Do the math dipsh*t you don't kno ***!

You're bragging about running 13's wtf are you sure it's not a prior Taxi-cab??? A proper BONE STOCK dwn to whls/tires/filters E55 should run basement 12's to 11.7x-11.9x throw in the towel dude................
EDIT: You know what....I don't even know why I'm explaining to you anything. You are obviously a magazine racer that only knows how to put the money down, nothing more.

Let us know when your SL does 9's...since that is what it SHOULD do....in your magazines I mean...lol.

Last edited by GT-ER; 04-28-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
I will be sure that the group buy for the headers will be completed as planned. I will post into the crossfire forum to address those people who did put a deposit. Again, my offer stands that if you are unhappy I will make it right, if you would like a refund on your deposit that is completely fine, but the project is going ahead as planned.

If you have any questions or anything that I may help with I am more than willing to do whatever it takes to make our customers happy. Please contact me personally to address any problems and I will be sure to handle them accordingly.

Thank you
Aleks
As one of the "investors" in the SRT-6 header project, I think I speak for the rest of the interested parties when I ask for three things:
  • Photos
  • ESTIMATED completion date (we've heard "soon" since December)
  • Power numbers?
As for the lack of a test vehicle, all it would take is a single post in the existing thread group-buy thread and you'd be amazed at how quickly you'd get a test vehicle. In fact, one of the "back-outs" you mentioned had actually waited two months to hear back from you guys as to when to coordinate the drop-off date (and still hasn't heard from you). Maybe the warm spring and steady stream of new V12 business made you guys forget? Who knows. We don't need a reason.

The previous six pages in this thread made my head hurt. I'm not interested in a blame game, or name calling, or dyno rants. Rudy is a personal friend of mine and he was one of the reasons I invested in Speedriven's ability to follow-through. I figured if anyone could make us a header with no leaks and some good power, it would be Speedriven.

We have been kept rather in the dark on this, and all it takes is a quick glance at the thread on the Crossfire forum and you'll see the happy trail we've been down. Rudy was at the mercy of the top brass at Speedriven, and that's understandable. He couldn't speak for the company if the company had no urgency to complete.

If you need test vehicles, say so. If you need more time, say so. If the header project is a negative revenue issue, say so and refund us the money and pull the plug.

I'm glad 320_dreamer mentioned it -- as a result, I've seen more of an update than we've received in months. That's all anyone is asking for: transparency and communication.

Best regards,
Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V

Thanks!!

Aleks
Forgive me if I have missed the thread, but I did just do an advanced search and Speedriven has not made a thread regarding the supercharger and I don't see an update here either.

I am curious what is going on since "juicy updates coming next week" would have been last week I guess since that comment was made 2 weeks ago and going on the 3rd week now. Just trying to stay up to date with the pop culture around here
Old 05-13-2012, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Forgive me if I have missed the thread, but I did just do an advanced search and Speedriven has not made a thread regarding the supercharger and I don't see an update here either.

I am curious what is going on since "juicy updates coming next week" would have been last week I guess since that comment was made 2 weeks ago and going on the 3rd week now. Just trying to stay up to date with the pop culture around here
Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Hope in one hand...well you guys know the rest.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Nitrous, I'm not buying "Ohh we used it on Dyno just to see what'd do but not on 1/4 runs" right pull this finger you're a smarmy bi*tch STFUKUP
so you are saying Lowprofile is also on nitrous? because last time i checked he ran in the 10.5xs also...

so go pull that finger your talking about and suck it
Old 05-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Still waiting on the core to show up. Little bit of a mix-up with whipple, but everything is back on track.

Next week is a real possibility for good updates!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ls
Do you offer unlimited free retunes with your ecu tune? Or is it a one time thing for you guys?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Visiting Speedriven for the first time next week to get some cooling mods and a little exhaust makeover.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Ask them where their Whipple 55k supercharger is while you are there.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Ask them where their Whipple 55k supercharger is while you are there.
Lmao +1!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
A silver E55 is getting the whipple put on it. Been at shop This past thursday.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Weistec or the Speedriven one they were making.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Let them know i need my bipass valve back so i can install AMG charger
Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Originally Posted by kamilclk430
A silver E55 is getting the whipple put on it. Been at shop This past thursday.
That sounds promising. What's the displacement of the Whipple? I wonder how the WHP compares to the Weistec. Wish we had some answers.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
I've got one you can borrow until you get yours back.
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Let them know i need my bipass valve back so i can install AMG charger
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
I've got one you can borrow until you get yours back.
Thank you very much for the generous offer. Speeddriven contacted me and will be sending mine back soon. I have alot of work to do to get this car ready in a couple weeks! Broached hubs, custom axles, 215 diff, solid diff mounts, carbon fiber driveshaft, billet replacement flex discs, etc etc. and the car has a stock na motor in it right now! Goal is tens with fill interior and all Mercedes parts from SC down to oil pan.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Could you elaborate on the 215 diff?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
Could you elaborate on the 215 diff?
Srt8 diff with custom cover and mounts . Pm me if you have any questions sine i don't want to take away from this thread

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SpeeDriven Shop Blog