Sponsored by:

Shoutout to EC!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 E55 AMG
Shoutout to EC!

Just wanted to give Jerry, John & the guys at EC thanks & props for another job more than exceptionally done! Just got my car back from having a Stage 4 upgrade (from a Stage 3) & it's amazing! They found a lot of internal issues with the motor that were unknown before the upgrade & went way above & beyond to correct those problems so it would be reliable. It would have been easier for them to just do the Stage 4 upgrades without correcting the other issues. But, they are true professionals & ethical beyond belief. John wouldn't let me get the car until it was absolutely right. After other issues I had with the car after I bought it (the card belonged to another forum member that traded it in to an independent dealer, from whom I bought it), I can't tell you how much it means for the engine to finally be right & reliable. EC's commitment to customer service & our cars is our blessing. If you need anything done to or for your car, I cannot recommend them enough.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
What did they fix and what was added (Stage 4)? How does she feel now??

Old 09-01-2014, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Great group of guys at EC!
Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 PM

'04 E55 AMG
Bramage,
The list of issues I've had with this motor is unbelievable. I bought the car Jan. of last year. Within a month, the problems started. She spent 3 months at Autoscope in Dallas correcting external issues (didn't tear down the engine, but LOTS of problems with just about everything attached to the block & heads) & adding Stage 3 mods from EC. Then, in Feb/Mar of this year, I started having issues with what sounded like a valve lifter/tappet. So, I thought it would be a good time to go to EC's Stage 4 (see my signature). I had the car shipped to EC & John started to try to find the cause of the noise. There were too many issues to go into here (I'll PM you later with everything). Suffice it to say, just about everything but the rods & pistons is either new or repaired/upgraded (they even recoated the crank bearings with the same material they put on their new monster E55 motor build).
As far as how it feels & sounds, it's AMAZING! Haven't gotten final numbers, yet. But, feels like at least 520 - 540 whp & mid 600's wtq (this is what John says, too). It's also louder & the S/C seems louder, too (the ported/polished heads flow a lot more air). Still have a list of things I want to do: trunk tank (currently have the FTP under hood tank), built transmission, CF air intake & eventually, one of their monster built motors with the Weistec blower.
Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the current build & results!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by rawdvm
Just wanted to give Jerry, John & the guys at EC thanks & props for another job more than exceptionally done! Just got my car back from having a Stage 4 upgrade (from a Stage 3) & it's amazing! They found a lot of internal issues with the motor that were unknown before the upgrade & went way above & beyond to correct those problems so it would be reliable. It would have been easier for them to just do the Stage 4 upgrades without correcting the other issues. But, they are true professionals & ethical beyond belief. John wouldn't let me get the car until it was absolutely right. After other issues I had with the car after I bought it (the card belonged to another forum member that traded it in to an independent dealer, from whom I bought it), I can't tell you how much it means for the engine to finally be right & reliable. EC's commitment to customer service & our cars is our blessing. If you need anything done to or for your car, I cannot recommend them enough.
Pretty positive I saw your car while they were working on it. You had it done in Houston correct? I remember them telling me that it was going to be a beast!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:05 PM

'04 E55 AMG
Mobhouse,
Yes, it was done in Houston. She was there for 6 months. It was the white E55 with the pano roof.