Stock E63 Airmatic Behavior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 GL450 (Gone), 2014 E350, 2014 GL63
Stock E63 Airmatic Behavior

Guys,

So I did a quick search but not terribly conclusive... Can someone confirm that stock Ride Height when measured from ground through the center of the wheel to the wheel arch for a 2007 E63 is 26.75" for the Front and 26.25" for the rear? This is when car is in comfort damper setting and raise button NOT lit.

Also when car sits overnight, is it normal for the car to drop? Meaning when I start the car first thing in the morning, it raises back up to "normal" height?

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by sammyf
Guys,

So I did a quick search but not terribly conclusive... Can someone confirm that stock Ride Height when measured from ground through the center of the wheel to the wheel arch for a 2007 E63 is 26.75" for the Front and 26.25" for the rear? This is when car is in comfort damper setting and raise button NOT lit.

Also when car sits overnight, is it normal for the car to drop? Meaning when I start the car first thing in the morning, it raises back up to "normal" height?

Thanks!
Sammy, welcome to the forum if it has not been said before. This has been covered by almost every new member coming on here and many threads have it in there somewhere. But.....

Yes everything is normal on your car. My rear sits a little low on one side which is normal. There are setting for ea front but only one on the rear, so sometimes certain cars sit slightly to one side or the other on the rear.

Your measurements are close from what I remember. I think mine were almost 26 3/4 for both. I however only keep mine in the 1 setting so 25 something is where its at. I think your just fine. If one end really lowers at night you might have a small leak in one of the bags which when you start it up it refills and raises the car to normal. You can replace a bag if thats the case or deal with it. I would deal with it for sure until the leak (if there is) worsens. When they get bad, it makes the compressor run constantly and can wear that part out, then it gets expensive. Sounds like your fine for now though and maybe totally fine.

Hope this helps you
Old 01-31-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 GL450 (Gone), 2014 E350, 2014 GL63
Thanks Sheriff... Its a new to me E63 that had the pump fail the day after I bought it. Replaced the pump and during testing the mechanic said the relay and air distribution block was also bad so those were replaced. But wasn't sure what normal behavior was on the settling as I never experienced a good car. The E55 I had last year didn't seem to settle overnight?
Old 02-03-2015, 11:03 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
my E63 stays at its set height even when parked. you probably have an air leak at a fitting which i've read here is common. try locating problem with soapy water in a spray bottle.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com