W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'12 Lease expiring, next steps? Options on '14s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63s, 2012 E63-all done , Saab 9-5 Aero (2) Honda CBR 929-sold
'12 Lease expiring, next steps? Options on '14s?

Lease end approaching (Dec), and looking at next steps- pick up '14 s model from dealer lots, order '15...doing test e63s builds on AMG site, and several things I currently have on my '12 I don't see as available options. May not be doing correctly, but I do not see night vision, illuminated sills, carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler. My 2012 has premium leather as a priced option - another thing I do not see, the P30 performance pkg, which I know is now the S model, night vision (not used often enough, but pretty cool nonetheless) , carbon fiber trunk spoiler, 997 driver assistance package (distronic), and the ubiquitous panorama roof . It also has another option I do not see, command with navigation and voice control. So I presume the build site does not have the detailed option list that a dealer ordering guide does? Local dealers do not have ones colored nor optioned as I would like, so looks like ordering is in the cards. If you order a car, are you committed to buy , regardless of the deal proffered at delivery? Any info or comments would be appreciated- thanks, and regards
Old 09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
carbon trunk spoiler comes with the carbon fiber exterior package, not sure if you can get it as a stand alone option, illuminated sills are standard on S model, premium leather standard on S-model. Command and voice control i believe are standard with most mercedes. driver assistant package is available, and same with pano roof. best bet for you is to find a dealer ordering guide and that will probably solve all your problems!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
You may find this thread useful. Post #1 has the Wagon's Dealer Ordering Guide (DOG) while post #19 has the Sedan's DOG.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...guide-dog.html

I will address your other points here:
MY14+ Night Vision is no longer available on the E-Class throughout the world. MB decided to get rid of this option in favor of the 360 Surround View Camera option.

Illuminated Door Sills are standard on the S Models.

CF Trunk Spoiler is part of the CF Exterior Package (and the trunk spoiler is specific to the Sedan only)

MY14+ E have Nappa Leather (the premium option) as standard.

You are right, the P30 Performance Package is now regarded as the S Model.

997 Driver's assistance is still available and it even shows on the MBUSA website when you go to "build" your E63 go under the "Performance and Safety" tab. You will see it as a $2,800 option called the "Driver's Assistance Package." Upgrades to this package versus the prefacelifted E-Class include Steering Assist where the car can help steer for you when Distronic is activated. It also now has Cross Traffic Assist which will warn you if cars are coming from either side as you approach an intersection. The car will also have Pedestrian Detection tied in with the Brake Assist Plus.

Panorama Roof is available on the sedan and standard on the wagon. You will see this on the DOG in that other thread in post #19.

E63 comes standard with COMAND with Nav and voice control.

Yes you are correct the build site DOES NOT have everything in the same amount of detail listed as in the DOG.

If you order the car you are not committed to buy as long as they only take a refundable deposit (or no deposit at all). If they take a non refundable deposit you're still not committed to buy but you forego whatever amount you put down in the deposit.

If you order I suggest shopping around for the best deal. Forum members ON ORDERED CARS have gotten deals as good as 5% off MSRP and $1,500 above invoice on ordered cars (US only). (Both the 5% off and the $1,500 above invoice net to around the same deal- just a different way of phrasing what you want). Forum members on in stock 2014s have gotten invoice pricing or ~7-8% off MSRP on their cars.

BTW 2015+ E63 cars will have Power Folding Mirrors standard.

Last edited by xxGenericSNxx; 09-03-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
'19 GLC 63S, '17 911 TTS Cabrio, '16 Viper TA2.0, '15 E63S (sold),'12 Harley CVO 2212cc
WOW ! GenericSN you do know the E63 inside out !
Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SilveRT8
WOW ! GenericSN you do know the E63 inside out !
I've had plenty of time to read up before my car arrives. I started gathering info back in April!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63s, 2012 E63-all done , Saab 9-5 Aero (2) Honda CBR 929-sold
Thanks to all for the replies, and the details from genericsn. I now have the DOG for the sedan. Too bad night vision not available on E. The surround camera is probably nice, but not in the dark at speed on an unlit country back road! The carbon fiber trunklid was short money for a nice add on, compared to the 5 k tariff for all the cf goodies, which are nice , but not for me. Price-wise, with several formerly optional items now std. , the s model seems a relative bargain compared to my 2012. Consider a 90 k base for 2012, add 7500 perf pkg, 1300 premium nappa leather ,2500 for lsd, 850 illuminated sills as options. Now with 2014 s model, make all those(and others?) std items, add 4 matic , and your base is 100k . Pretty sweet, imho. I worked a lease deal on a '14 on the lot, but not optioned as I would like, so I did not pull the trigger. Don't want to settle on a car like this. Needs to be what I want, for the right price, hence my questions about ordering. Thanks again, and regards.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tfsiii
Thanks to all for the replies, and the details from genericsn. I now have the DOG for the sedan. Too bad night vision not available on E. The surround camera is probably nice, but not in the dark at speed on an unlit country back road! The carbon fiber trunklid was short money for a nice add on, compared to the 5 k tariff for all the cf goodies, which are nice , but not for me. Price-wise, with several formerly optional items now std. , the s model seems a relative bargain compared to my 2012. Consider a 90 k base for 2012, add 7500 perf pkg, 1300 premium nappa leather ,2500 for lsd, 850 illuminated sills as options. Now with 2014 s model, make all those(and others?) std items, add 4 matic , and your base is 100k . Pretty sweet, imho. I worked a lease deal on a '14 on the lot, but not optioned as I would like, so I did not pull the trigger. Don't want to settle on a car like this. Needs to be what I want, for the right price, hence my questions about ordering. Thanks again, and regards.

I'm looking into adding the FLIR Night Vision system to my car after I get it. I'll make a thread of all my mods when the car gets here.