Sponsored by:

xxGenericSNxx's 2015 E63 Wagon European Delivery/Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Thank you everyone for your kind words and complements. This car has been a long time in the making and I cannot wait to enjoy it once again stateside.

I'll try and address some of your questions and concerns below.

Originally Posted by sc98
Wow that's great that you were able to get thru the break in period so quickly! Mine was out of service for a few days as I got the front end and the doors wrapped in Xpel Ultimate but i am working on putting some miles on it now!
That's great that you put on the Xpel on the front and the doors. I am going to have it wrapped after it arrives in the States- I was thinking to do the front and lower part of the doors. I'll see what the price difference is as a whole door wrap would be more clean.

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Wow! Very cool indeed.
Congrats on a beautiful ride and a great trip.

Just curious, did you have to insure the car before stateside delivery? I wonder what would happen if it got damaged in transit if it is already registered and insured in your name?
Euro Delivery includes free 15 days of road insurance in Europe (with the ability to buy more in month increments). Shipping is covered by the shipper's own insurance. I do not have to, nor am I, going to add this car to my policy until after I take delivery of it at my local dealer ship. MB and their logistics take care of all liability until I pick up the car from the Stateside dealer. The car is, however, already registered under my name (and my license plates are already here) since the car has already been purchased back in November. You must pay for the car in full (or sign your lease, get your loan, etc.) before taking delivery in Europe.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
That is a unique combo of interior and exterior colors that I doubt you will ever see on another car. Congrats!!!! Use it well and enjoy.
Thank you. This color combo is one of the reasons I chose it- because it's highly unlikely I'll see the same one anywhere in the world. But more importantly, the colors work well together (in my opinion).

Originally Posted by ced357
Wow, what an incredible journey. Thanks for sharing and your car is beautiful, one day I hope to participate in Euro delivery
I would highly recommend doing Euro Delivery to anyone even remotely considering it. There's nothing like driving your performance car on the roads that these cars were designed on. It's only right to be able to drive the car in its natural habitat- the Autobahn.

Originally Posted by f350bob9
xxGenericSNxx; love the color, Congratulations! I took a trip this weekend to NYC to see the Designo Mystic Brown as I plan on ordering soon with Euro Del this summer but only on a E350 wagon. Please tell everyone how your eruo del went and what you would do different etc....thanks for the pics. bob
That's great to hear that you took a special trip just to see this color. Luckily (or unluckily depending how you look at it) my dealer actually received a 14 E63 Wagon in designo Mystic Brown shortly after I had ordered my car. I took a look at it before they delivered it and it reconfirmed my decision for that paint choice. I only say unluckily because I wanted to be the only one in the city with this color on an E63 Wagon. And then I also was in San Francisco one time when a local dealer conveniently had a designo Mystic Red interior E63 Wagon in stock. I made sure to take a look at that car's interior which also helped me reconfirm that's a color I'd like.

You'll have a great time at Euro Del. Make sure your dealer sets you up for the Center of Excellence- even though all dealer paperwork says you can only do CoE with an AMG, S, SL, or S Coupe delivery the dealer can pull some strings to make that happen for you. With CoE you get a lounge area, three course lunch, a "presentation" to unsheathe your car, access to the customization and designo area, etc. It's a much more personable experience than the standard delivery center and best of all it doesn't cost anything extra.

The only thing I'd do differently next time, because I wanted some custom interior appointments, is to go to the factory while I'm ordering the car so I could choose all custom aspects of the car that aren't available in the Dealer Ordering Guide. There were some parts I wanted to do differently inside the car and at first MBUSA said that the factory said it's possible but then later they reversed their decision. When going to the factory they never denied that those things couldn't be done. So to me it seems like there was a disconnect in communication that would've been more clear had I been at the factory in person. Although a minor point, and not relevant to most people, I wouldn't do anything else differently.

Originally Posted by RJD AMG
Did you ask any of the Afalterbach wizards about retro fitting the euro tail lights? I still have mine in the box, but the wires are not compatible...
I didn't talk to anyone at Affalterbach or any of the factories about that. Most of the MB reps I spoke with are not well versed in US spec cars. They know of the product in general but not really what's different about our cars aside from having orange reflectors. So basically, those were not the right avenues to approach this issue. I am, however, making headway on finding a solution to getting these lights to work on our cars.

Here's something that would help me. Can you take a picture of the connectors of your Euro lights and email them to me at wong.nathan01@gmail.com? I'm currently speaking with my independent shop about this retrofit in the future once my car's here. He wants to see the connector as well as a wiring diagram if it's possible for you to obtain one. My shop believes it'll be a very simple install with some wire removal and attachment to the US connector but we'll need the wiring diagram for that to work. (Wiring diagram would need to be received from someone overseas).

Who did you order the Euro lights from and how much did they cost you? Maybe you'd be willing to sell them to me and I can be the guinea pig?

Originally Posted by abcut973
Nice combo
Did you install the xpel yourself? Or was it included in the delivery?
I brought a roll of film over there to install myself. Four of us completed the install in about two hours (rough job mind you). The car didn't look the greatest afterwards, as you can tell from some photos, but it did its job well. Everyone was like WTF are you doing to your brand new car!

Originally Posted by MJ50
beautiful color...
minus front plate bracket...
Thank you. Yes very annoyed about the bracket but MBUSA says they'll fix it at VPC when it arrives in Long Beach. Hopefully they do a good job.

Originally Posted by kart125
Stunning car, stunning pictures, stunning memories for sure! It's nice to see your build in the flesh finally! Congrats!

Now let's hope the boat ride is smoother than the Asian Emperor's at same time last year!
I hope so too. Although I wouldn't mind doing another European Delivery, I'd hate to wait twice for one car! Especially because it seems like the E63 Wagon is one of the slowest cars to be produced by MB after accepting a production slot.

Originally Posted by diesel_power
Congratulations - and also thanks for sharing.. I saw some of your uploads on Instagram too. The car and color is really beautiful..
Thank you! That's great you saw my car on Instagram. Please follow me @wongnathan01.

Originally Posted by Patric
Congratulations Nathan. Great read and the car is truly unique. It looks like you had good weather as well. Looking forward to seeing it at RTC.
Can't wait to see you at RTC. Hopefully I'll have the car in time for the show!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx

That's great that you put on the Xpel on the front and the doors. I am going to have it wrapped after it arrives in the States- I was thinking to do the front and lower part of the doors. I'll see what the price difference is as a whole door wrap would be more clean.
Yeah my decision on what parts to wrap was based on a balance of covering the most at risk areas as well as minimizing seams. So I did the entire front clip including the mirrors and the entirety of all four doors. On the doors there is a small seam that is towards the bottom of the door handle cups. Xpel company HQ is actually in San Antonio and they have a satellite install facility here in Houston where I am, so I went with Xpel for the installation. It was $2800. The entire car would have been something like $5-5.5k, can't remember. I think I may add a strip just outside the trunk opening too. The rest of the car is uncovered for now, though I may do Opticoat Pro or a similar product later on if necessary.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:21 PM

BMW M5, Porsche 991 911, Honda Odyssey
Thanks for the fabulous pictures and story! Had I seen your shots before ordering mine, I might have gone for mystic brown instead of our pedestrian polar white. We're happy with white, but it's nowhere near as special as yours, or the Mexico Blue on my 911.

Like you, I ordered bamboo trim in mine. My dealership had never seen it before and thought I was taking a risk to request it. But it looks spectacular, especially with our sand leather.

Enjoy your car in good health!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 158 Likes on 105 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Great thread and pics at the beginning there. Just needed drum-roll with the cover being removed.

I am uber-jealous. I asked several times in 2013 when I was placing my order whether the OSD was available for the E63 wagon and was told by my dealer and by corporate (when I called them) it was not avail. I did an OSD for my '07 V70R Volvo and loved the experience. The AMG experience is a couple notches better from the looks of it.

Happy driving... sick wagon!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E 250cdi 4matic '13
Nice Wagon and amazing pics,the AMG experience must have been epic!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:35 PM

None
Break in period

What are the details of the break in on this vehicle? Is it really stay under 55mph for 1000 miles??
Old 01-11-2015, 09:01 PM

2015 e63 wagon, tuned B5 S4, 1970 BMW 2002, Toureg(wife's)
Originally Posted by Otis123
What are the details of the break in on this vehicle? Is it really stay under 55mph for 1000 miles??
No more than 4500rpm and no faster than 85mph for the first 1000 miles.

Last edited by HKJay; 01-11-2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Mph
Old 01-12-2015, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Awesome car and photos. It must have been a great experience. MB should really team up with Xpel and have the film installed right after the car comes off the assembly line. Very minimal detailing would be needed at that point in time. Wow, check out the MB utensils and AMG plates...I wonder if the gift shop carries those.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Now I miss my wagon even more!

Congrats, this superwagon is stunning!!

Nice add on here:
B07 AMG Carbon Ceramic Braking System

Enjoy!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:05 AM

AMG
Did you happen to see any C63 Wagons over there?
Old 01-13-2015, 01:45 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204
Absolutely amazing Nathan,

Last last few AMG's I had I was not able to do European Delivery as school was in the way.

In the future, I MUST do it to one of my future vehicles. That looks like an amazing trip and a blast.

Enjoy your new vehicle in good health.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sc98
Yeah my decision on what parts to wrap was based on a balance of covering the most at risk areas as well as minimizing seams. So I did the entire front clip including the mirrors and the entirety of all four doors. On the doors there is a small seam that is towards the bottom of the door handle cups. Xpel company HQ is actually in San Antonio and they have a satellite install facility here in Houston where I am, so I went with Xpel for the installation. It was $2800. The entire car would have been something like $5-5.5k, can't remember. I think I may add a strip just outside the trunk opening too. The rest of the car is uncovered for now, though I may do Opticoat Pro or a similar product later on if necessary.
I did Opticoat on my R as well as the rims and brake calipers and it's a really good product. It makes the paint have more depth and shine to it and for the rims- it makes cleaning the brake dust so easy. When agitated with my brush and soap the dirt and brake dust just beads right up. Highly recommended!

Those prices for the whole car isn't bad at all.

Since you've got the sedan I'd totally put a piece at the trunk opening (or wrap the whole rear bumper for no seam). I decided to buy an aluminum bumper protector that goes near the trunk opening to protect that area from scuffs (but I've got a wagon so it looks more at home than the ones they make for the sedan).

Originally Posted by 24Hours
Great thread and pics at the beginning there. Just needed drum-roll with the cover being removed.

I am uber-jealous. I asked several times in 2013 when I was placing my order whether the OSD was available for the E63 wagon and was told by my dealer and by corporate (when I called them) it was not avail. I did an OSD for my '07 V70R Volvo and loved the experience. The AMG experience is a couple notches better from the looks of it.

Happy driving... sick wagon!
I think Euro Delivery isn't always available for every car or if it is, there isn't necessarily the discount that will come with it. Definitely do it for your next AMG!

Originally Posted by Phoeny
Nice Wagon and amazing pics,the AMG experience must have been epic!
Thank you. It was one of the best car things I've ever done! Really great trip.

Originally Posted by Otis123
As others mentioned nothing over 85 mph and nothing over 4500 rpms for the first 1000 miles. The funny thing is the guy at the factory told me for the first 1000 kms but I knew that wasn't true.

Originally Posted by otakki
Awesome car and photos. It must have been a great experience. MB should really team up with Xpel and have the film installed right after the car comes off the assembly line. Very minimal detailing would be needed at that point in time. Wow, check out the MB utensils and AMG plates...I wonder if the gift shop carries those.
Absolutely I wish the film were on there from the factory. It would save me a load of trouble and I've still got to get it professionally done when it arrives back in Seattle. Unfortunately the MB and AMG plates/utensils are not available for purchase.

Originally Posted by jmg1848
Now I miss my wagon even more!

Congrats, this superwagon is stunning!!

Nice add on here:
B07 AMG Carbon Ceramic Braking System

Enjoy!
Thank you! Where is your wagon at? CCBs are one of the best options!

Originally Posted by jmg1848
Did you happen to see any C63 Wagons over there?
Yes, I did! The second day I had the car I was driving near the MB Museum (where there's a lot of MB offices). I pull up next to a facelifted Diamond White C63 Wagon at the light. The guy looks over and stares at my brakes before glancing up through the windows and giving a thumbs up.

If you look at my AMG HQ photos with the red GT and my Wagon up front, there's a black C63 Wagon that I'm parked next to.

When driving through the German country side I was following another Diamond White Faceift C63 for a couple kms.

Also spotted a couple C63 wagons when walking around, it's a much more popular car than the C63 sedan from what I saw.

Originally Posted by JM
Absolutely amazing Nathan,

Last last few AMG's I had I was not able to do European Delivery as school was in the way.

In the future, I MUST do it to one of my future vehicles. That looks like an amazing trip and a blast.

Enjoy your new vehicle in good health.
Thank you and when the timing is right- go for it! You will not regret it one bit.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:17 AM

AMG
hubba hubba "there's a black C63 Wagon that I'm parked next to."
Old 01-17-2015, 03:59 AM

R63
I can't wait to see this E in person!
Old 01-21-2015, 05:42 PM

2018 GLS 550; 2018 Volvo XC90
Your wagon is absolutely STUNNING!!! Congratulations!! That mystic brown is just gorgeous.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos and experience with us - it looks like an amazing time. I'm looking forward to your future posts (and photos) when the car returns stateside.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Beemie
Your wagon is absolutely STUNNING!!! Congratulations!! That mystic brown is just gorgeous.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos and experience with us - it looks like an amazing time. I'm looking forward to your future posts (and photos) when the car returns stateside.
Thanks guys. I can't wait for the car to come back. Boat is supposed to arrive in Long Beach on January 29 and VPC will still need to repaint the bumper and then truck the car up to Washington. I'm **hoping** mid to late February for redelivery!

Beemie, when does your wagon come in? I saw you mentioned your designo trim pieces came in! Like you, that was also the first time I saw my trim in person, when the box arrived from the dealer.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:33 PM

2018 GLS 550; 2018 Volvo XC90
Thanks guys. I can't wait for the car to come back. Boat is supposed to arrive in Long Beach on January 29 and VPC will still need to repaint the bumper and then truck the car up to Washington. I'm **hoping** mid to late February for redelivery!

Beemie, when does your wagon come in? I saw you mentioned your designo trim pieces came in! Like you, that was also the first time I saw my trim in person, when the box arrived from the dealer.
That is SOOO exciting! Mere weeks to go for you! I'm so looking forward to your mod threads - especially the re-contenting trim! Will you DIY for that one or send it out?

As of a couple weeks ago, my wagon had an estimated production date of 1/29, and since it's been in B4 status since December 11, I'm hoping it will be in a boat to Long Beach by early February. Since I also live in the LBC (and my dealer is Long Beach MB), I'm sure I will be literally stalking the car from the moment the boat docks. Hell, I'm tempted to stalk YOUR car too!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Beemie
That is SOOO exciting! Mere weeks to go for you! I'm so looking forward to your mod threads - especially the re-contenting trim! Will you DIY for that one or send it out?

As of a couple weeks ago, my wagon had an estimated production date of 1/29, and since it's been in B4 status since December 11, I'm hoping it will be in a boat to Long Beach by early February. Since I also live in the LBC (and my dealer is Long Beach MB), I'm sure I will be literally stalking the car from the moment the boat docks. Hell, I'm tempted to stalk YOUR car too!
I've got a good independent shop that works on my cars. I'll likely have them help me pop in the trim pieces. I've got the four door armrests already and am awaiting the one that goes in the speedometer area. Unfortunately the center console ledges and AC vent shape on the AMG is different than the regular car so I can't use those pieces. I'm looking into having the black plastic pieces custom made in bamboo for me.

It's not too much longer until your wagon will be completed and on its way over to the US. If you find my car make sure to take a pic for me!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 E63 Wagon
Thanks for the pics.. Nice teaser for me.. Really cant wait til May now for when i go over there for ED.. I am also doing COE..
Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 AM

2015 AMG E63S 212
E63 European delivery

I picked up my wagon the week before yours. Same pics, i guess. It was my second ED, last for E350 cuprite brown (2011), this time for E63 Mocha Black, auburn interior, walnut dash, total assist package, but no carbon fiber, B&O sound. Drove it to Scotland, broke in on Highland roads. We wanted cuprite brown but MB quoted $8k and several month delay, and I couldn't wait! Now it is in Vermont with layers of salt, road dirt, ice. I changed from Zero Neros to Hakkapalitas and de-badged at our Vermont dealer, and the car is every bit the winter car (although it has a tendency to have a slight fishtail when accelerating after turn on ice/snow, but straightens out quickly.)
Old 03-14-2015, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Nathan, what are you doing for the front license plate holder? My plates just came in and I'm exploring my options.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'11 911 Turbo S, '15 HELLCAT, '07 Escalade, '15 Sienna
We wrapped the front of the car with XPEL Tracwrap which will protect the car from any potential rock chips on our European journey (although there isn't much to worry about as the roads are so clean and clear over there that you don't hear debris hitting the car). But it's better to be safe than sorry!

And some quick shots in front of the factory before setting off:

The next morning I took it to the MB Museum to take some photos in front of this incredible building.

After my morning photo shoot we headed over to AMG Headquarters in Affalterbach, Germany. This is the facility that produces all AMG engines (except the 4 cylinder "45" engines). I also got to meet my engine builder, Steffen Widmaier, and he signed my hat.

American flag flown for us:

We got to enjoy time at the AMG Private Lounge where we relaxed, had some drinks, and snacks:

I was also able to meet the gentleman who build my engine: Steffen Widmaier. He even signed my hat (along with Michael Kübler). I can't thank the AMG team enough for helping me set this up!

this is the most incredible e63 i have seen in my life. bravo sir. unreal. thanks for sharing.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KINGLEH
Thanks for the pics.. Nice teaser for me.. Really cant wait til May now for when i go over there for ED.. I am also doing COE..
Euro Delivery is one of the best things you can experience and the COE will only make it that much better! Make sure to sign up for the AMG Private Lounge and when you get the VIN# from the dealer, ask the AMG Private Lounge who built your engine. This way you can arrange a tour of the AMG engine facility in Affalterbach to meet your engine builder in person!

Originally Posted by grimesch
I picked up my wagon the week before yours. Same pics, i guess. It was my second ED, last for E350 cuprite brown (2011), this time for E63 Mocha Black, auburn interior, walnut dash, total assist package, but no carbon fiber, B&O sound. Drove it to Scotland, broke in on Highland roads. We wanted cuprite brown but MB quoted $8k and several month delay, and I couldn't wait! Now it is in Vermont with layers of salt, road dirt, ice. I changed from Zero Neros to Hakkapalitas and de-badged at our Vermont dealer, and the car is every bit the winter car (although it has a tendency to have a slight fishtail when accelerating after turn on ice/snow, but straightens out quickly.)
Love the Cuprite Brown! Sounds like you had quite a blast and it's being well loved in winter! Let's see some pics! Was the Mystic Brown too bright for you?

Originally Posted by dr. ss
this is the most incredible e63 i have seen in my life. bravo sir. unreal. thanks for sharing.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Lenin
Nathan, what are you doing for the front license plate holder? My plates just came in and I'm exploring my options.
I want to get something similar to what I had made for my R-Class:
https://mbworld.org/forums/r63-amg-w...ml#post5461824

The advantages are that it mounts and dismounts in seconds but is still very sturdy. This way you can easily remove it for photoshoots, car shows, auto car wash, etc. In my opinion it also looks better than the tow hook option which is so off center and you have to put it in such a weird position in order to clear the parking sensors.

Unfortunately, that guy has since passed away so I'm seeing if my local shop can fab a bracket in the same style for the E. If you're interested, I can have them make two. I'm going to talk to them tomorrow. Send me an email to wong.nathan01@gmail.com and we can continue this conversation. Cost might be lower if two are made as well.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:06 AM

2003 CLK240
The car and the whole journey seem like a dream. Take good care of her
Old 05-30-2015, 03:24 AM

C63
What is the difference delivery between the Mercedes customer center and the Center of Excellence?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: xxGenericSNxx's 2015 E63 Wagon European Delivery/Photo Thread