Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C32 VS. C6 and Mustang

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 PM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 VS. C6 and Mustang

ok, now that i have your attention...

i was out on saturday night at the local meet and decided to go cruise with a 1000hp twin-turbo Viper, C6 6speed, mustang, couple SRT-4's, 350z and some other rice that decided to follow....

we cruised down and watched some other guys racing for a while, then decided to head back to our original spot. along the way, the mustang had a guy in the passenger seat filming and thought he would be able to make an easy kill out of the 'benz...haha! after two runs with me putting bus lengths between us, being accused of having a V10 (gotta love people that are uneducated about cars!) and the mustang guy getting pissy, the C6 decided he wanted to exercise a little influence over the C32....

so i ran the C6 from a 20mph roll up to 65mph and he let off because he was losing... (side bar for the nah sayers: the guy could not drive, i know that a C6 should take a C32, just telling what happened)

then, we caught a light...i turned off the ESP and decided i would go for it just for fun...guess what, i took him again, and again he let off because he was losing, was one of the most satisfying races i have ever had...

i guess if you put good driver in the C6, it would probably be a different story, but i went home very satisfied that night...
Old 05-23-2006, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
Talking

more about the 1000 hp Viper pls......
most vette owners that I have run across are 60+ yr olds who either can't drive for ***** or are afraid to. I wish a younger demographic would start buying up these cars.......esp. the Z06's that I always see grandpas driving

some people should just be driving AT's........
Old 05-23-2006, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Well sounds like you had a fun night but before you enjoy that C6 kill to much I would like to add my .02 I'm not a grampa, and have a 4 speed Auto C6 bone stock, and believe me it's VERY fast and about .01-.02 tenths off a properly driven C6 m6.

I'm not trying to **** on your parade but I've read 1 to many of these types of threads, of how the allmighty benzes especially the SLK55, C55, C32, crowd think there top dog.
I'll race any SLK55, C55, C32, Stock for Stock, NO mods here after all that's what 99% of these kills I read are allways saying " Bone Stock"... I'm in So Cal and can easily have some friends video this...Any takers please step to the plate NO hostility meant just trying to prove a point, I'd love to put this debate to rest.

Please don't get my sentiment wrong here you sound like a cool guy, you love racing cars. This thread was just the perfect platform to launch my challenge

Seriously, Physics can't be argued w/ the C6 weighs 3100lbs w/400hp/400to

If you put the weight/power stats up for SLK55, C55, C32 they all weigh more and have less power than the C6 end of story when a properly driven A4, A6, M6, C6 enters the equation against those particular Benzos.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by Thericker
Well sounds like you had a fun night but before you enjoy that C6 kill to much I would like to add my .02 I'm not a grampa, and have a 4 speed Auto C6 bone stock, and believe me it's VERY fast and about .01-.02 tenths off a properly driven C6 m6.

I'm not trying to **** on your parade but I've read 1 to many of these types of threads, of how the allmighty benzes especially the SLK55, C55, C32, crowd think there top dog.
I'll race any SLK55, C55, C32, Stock for Stock, NO mods here after all that's what 99% of these kills I read are allways saying " Bone Stock"... I'm in So Cal and can easily have some friends video this...Any takers please step to the plate NO hostility meant just trying to prove a point, I'd love to put this debate to rest.

Please don't get my sentiment wrong here you sound like a cool guy, you love racing cars. This thread was just the perfect platform to launch my challenge

If you put the weight/power stats up for SLK55, C55, C32 they all weigh more and have less power than the C6 end of story when a properly driven A4, A6, M6, C6 enters the equation against those particular Benzos.
Relax, Ricker. He practically bends over backwards to make it clear that the C6 driver must have been a retard. Please do not stereotype people on this forum as all thinking that they drive an "almighty Benz." I think you will find that, with some admitted exceptions, the people on this forum are more educated about their cars than, say, the inbred, "live in a trailer park, but drive a sports car" freaks that one might encounter on a Corvette forum.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
NO hostility meant just trying to prove a point, I'd love to put this debate to rest.

Thericker, I'm not really sure what the "debate" is. Would a properly driven C6 beat a SLK55, C55, C32? There's really no "debate" there. And if the C6 lost, there would probably be no debate that the driver was slower than my grandmother.

Since the "physics can't be argued with" why are you getting preemptively defensive about the C6?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:10 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by FLYNAVY
more about the 1000 hp Viper pls......
most vette owners that I have run across are 60+ yr olds who either can't drive for ***** or are afraid to. I wish a younger demographic would start buying up these cars.......esp. the Z06's that I always see grandpas driving

some people should just be driving AT's........
HAHA! the Viper was on pure slicks and would only run bikes from a freeway role...it was the only thing that presented any kind of challenge...

AND, the C6 driver was 27 years old ricker...i never said he was old, just could not drive...
Old 05-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'93 RX-7, SLK55

A stock SLK55 runs a 12.7 quarter @111mph. A manual C6 runs a 12.8 @ 113 mph. The auto C6 and or vert C6 are a hair slower than the manual.

I read this all before on the Vette forum. All these people were saying the new SLK55 wasn't going to be as fast (less Hp, weighs more). Guess what, thay ALL ate crow. The 7G tranny in the SLK55 keeps the car in its powerband so it takes advantage of "power under the curve" better than other cars with different gearing. So, ....there you have it. Gearing allows the SLK55 to be just slightly quicker through the quarter mile (although it will get pulled upstairs to a C6 due to its lower trap speed & inferior Cd).

-Matt
Old 05-23-2006, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
How would a late-model E55 stack up against a C6? I know its much heavier, but what is it, around 480hp?
Old 05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
A stock SLK55 runs a 12.7 quarter @111mph. A manual C6 runs a 12.8 @ 113 mph. The auto C6 and or vert C6 are a hair slower than the manual.

I read this all before on the Vette forum. All these people were saying the new SLK55 wasn't going to be as fast (less Hp, weighs more). Guess what, thay ALL ate crow. The 7G tranny in the SLK55 keeps the car in its powerband so it takes advantage of "power under the curve" better than other cars with different gearing. So, ....there you have it. Gearing allows the SLK55 to be just slightly quicker through the quarter mile (although it will get pulled upstairs to a C6 due to its lower trap speed & inferior Cd).

-Matt
i agree.. i don't see a auto C6 pulling on a slk55. It might trap a bit higher, but evently the 4th gear will give in to 3 additional gears of the SLK.

either way they are really close...

A C6 manual would have the edge over the SLK55.

Also as far as stock C32 vs C6 (unless it was a poor driver, the C6 all the way).
Old 05-23-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Hey RICKER would you race a CLS55? I bet I could blow a vette of the road.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGBOY1
Hey RICKER would you race a CLS55? I bet I could blow a vette of the road.
#1 I'm not mad here, I just read to many of these types of posts, I've been seeing these well before I even wanted the C6.

#2 I'd love to line up w/your CLS55, I think you'd take it! (It wouldn't be by as much as you think your 1,000+lb handicap puts your 0-60 same as mine) I would love to see what would actualy happen and not magizine race, you know real world action.

#3 I still believe I'll whip the SLK55 (If you wanna go on stats theres a C6 A4 on Corvette forum bone stock runing 12.50's) forget the magazine stats, Please somones gotta hava 1 near stock here in Cali I'll meet half way It'd be great video for the forum.

I've gotta do this before I start modding which knowing me wont be long.
So come on people lets see all those C32's C55's SLK55's and ???
I guess we could make it a mini meet at a local Dragstrip in LA? I'm not sure on locations I know of 1 way up Sacramento way but that's an ungodly drive gotta be something around here?? I'm still up for street though whatever.

Last edited by Thericker; 05-23-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:09 PM

a toy
The new auto Vettes are now 6 speed.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:14 PM

CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Too bad you dont live in south florida. I too would love the challenge
Old 05-23-2006, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Too bad you dont live in south florida. I too would love the challenge
Likewise it'd be a blast

I've vacationed in Southbeach many times you guys have the HOTTEST! Women hands down
Old 05-23-2006, 03:22 PM

A Beater
What's the fun racing and filming in a straght line? How about I'll take a 2006 C280 loaner the next time I take my C55 in service and race you down Angeles Crest? It wouldn't be fair if I pit my C55 against you because it is far from stock. Now that is pure fun..... Just a friendly race down the mtn.... The point is, debating who is faster in a straight line is like dick measuring contest back in High School... Now it is a different story when a girl telling other girls how well you work it with your tool...

Roupin, I know you would like a piece of this action...

Last edited by XPRO.US; 05-23-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:34 PM

CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
You bet their hot!! I love taking the CLS down there, I love it when these women stare at the hottness of the AMG
Old 05-23-2006, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
What's the fun racing and filming in a straght line? How about I'll take a 2006 C280 loaner the next time I take my C55 in service and race you down Angeles Crest? It wouldn't be fair if I pit my C55 against you because it is far from stock. Now that is pure fun..... Just a friendly race down the mtn.... The point is, debating who is faster in a straight line is like dick measuring contest back in High School... Now it is a different story when a girl telling other girls how well you work it with your tool...

Roupin, I know you would like a piece of this action...
Yeah well I guess a lot of us guys are still in High School What mods have you done to your C55? I'd still love to line up and see just "Whats what?"
As far as canyon runing "Sure I'd Love to" the more I push this C6 around tight corners she just begs for more.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You bet their hot!! I love taking the CLS down there, I love it when these women stare at the hottness of the AMG
I bet you take 'er down Ocean blvd Bast*ard!! the topless beach on 1 side bars on the other
Old 05-23-2006, 03:44 PM

CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Not much, I'm mostly rollin on Las Olas, but sometimes when I need to blow I some steam I do head to S.B baby!!

Last edited by AMGBOY1; 05-23-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
My SL...will take ALL OF YOU

JUST KIDDING
Old 05-23-2006, 05:15 PM

A Beater
Yeah well I guess a lot of us guys are still in High School What mods have you done to your C55? I'd still love to line up and see just "Whats what?"
As far as canyon runing "Sure I'd Love to" the more I push this C6 around tight corners she just begs for more.
Ever thought of pushing her to get more ***? Personally I enjoy S-- with multiple women than racing which I am lacking after I got married. Just a personal preference.. By the way, I am not trying to knock on you in my earlier post which may easily misunderstood.

Last edited by XPRO.US; 05-23-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by XPRO.US
Ever thought of pushing her to get more ***? Personally I enjoy S-- with multiple women than racing which I am lacking after I got married. Just a personal preference..
??Where'd that come from? I was just accepting your offer to run??and yes the Vette gets 'em wett ladies that is!

I guess a list of mods is to much to ask? or a friendly run to 100+? There's plenty of good bars in LA to go to afterwards to check out the ladies

No worries I didn't take it that way
Old 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
SPONSOR

well, at least you guys are still having fun with this...glad you didn't turn this into a pissing contest ricker, after all, next week it might be a different story if i find a C6 with a good driver...
Old 05-23-2006, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
im down for a canyon run, when? where?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
well, at least you guys are still having fun with this...glad you didn't turn this into a pissing contest ricker, after all, next week it might be a different story if i find a C6 with a good driver...
Naa I've learned from my mistakes of shooting my mouth off, I'd rather keep it friendly much better that way.
After all I still love Mercedes I owned 1 for nearly 4 years headaches an all there beautiful & fast cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 VS. C6 and Mustang