190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

BAD Day !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD Day !!

guess eveyone has it once in a while and today is mine..

Earlier today I was on the way to the postoffice .. driving at 35 on the right hand lane ... I was passing a mall exit which has a stop sign ..
well a lady coming of the mall just jumped the stop sign and into the path of my car...
i braked so hard that that it bypassed the ABS and screched - but too late ended up hitting her on the side...

Well cops came - saw the accident and the LADY is at fault.. anyays polict report done - called up my insurance compnay etc.
The lady was driving a rented from Hertz - and she has the Hertz insurance so basically I calle dup Hertz - well their claims office is closed until Monday..

anyways Hertz Insurance Claim will reimburse me for a car rental and obviously pay for damages/get repaired. But now they have no cars available (Holidays season)
So here am I stuck with no wheels and my baby all twisted...

Anyways Tuesday things should work out ...

the question I have is by looking at the pictures do you think they will repair or write it off and just give the money...
Also what do you suggest I do. I would prefer getting it repaired but the damages look more than the car costs I guess...
mine was 190e 2.6 - with 141K miles ..

Here are pictures ...
http://bruce.engr.ucf.edu/~mgu/car/mercedes/
Old 12-25-2006, 10:22 AM

2001 W208A
wow, make the idle issue mute

..lets see, fender, fender liner, hood,hood pad, bumper,lower grill, grill, radiator support, light and turn assy, anything inside( washer tank, ect)and of course- paint and labor
rough guess, $3500- 5000,......so tell em to fix it or you might get some neck pain with a few MRI's/40 chiropractic visits, a little physical therepy, not to mention the pain and suffering and legal cost......might help them to write the check quicker
good luck.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:23 PM

Sorry about the mishap. I have a parts car. Get a really high estimate and then source out cheap parts. If you need any parts that I may have, let me know.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:12 AM

See sig
Originally Posted by marco402
..lets see, fender, fender liner, hood,hood pad, bumper,lower grill, grill, radiator support, light and turn assy, anything inside( washer tank, ect)and of course- paint and labor
rough guess, $3500- 5000,......so tell em to fix it or you might get some neck pain with a few MRI's/40 chiropractic visits, a little physical therepy, not to mention the pain and suffering and legal cost......might help them to write the check quicker
good luck.

Anything inside could include:

passenger side inner wheelhouse
passenger side shock tower
front radiator crossmember
straighten frame rail (possibly a-pillar too - looks like the fender was shunted back into the door)

I dunno... hoping they don't total it, but I wouldn't rule it out.