190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

Electrical Woes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Woes...

So this evening I was enjoying a nice Saturday in spring and my power door locks decided that they wanted to work. I didn't think much of it because they have periodically unlocked in the past like they're supposed to and then they stop, usually leaving the doors unlocked which is really fun to manually go around and lock them all by hand... Anyway, they seem to be working for real now and have worked more than just the few seconds it usually does. What should I do to ensure that they will continue to work like they're supposed to? Would you say I have an electrical prob or a leak? Also, now that they're working my rear light is now turning on. Never has for as long as I've had the car. That must be electrical. But I'm wondering if there is a correlation with the two... Probably a long shot but who knows....

On a different note, I've noticed that ever since my water pump was replaced my engine likes to get hot to 110C and then the aux fans switch on. Never got that hot before. Something related to that? Not sure. Thought it was strange that it's getting that hot before it does anything. Never got that hot before. Last summer it would get around 100 or so but that was it.... My dad said it was normal... Was my car running cold? Thanks guys. Sorry for the long post.