190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

cant set idle mixture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 190e 2.6
cant set idle mixture

Hi all
I have 190e 2.6 with a few bad habits.
It hesitates when I press the throttle. It only does this if I lift off totally then re-apply. It does not matter if the car is at speed or stationary. and is fine to accellerate if the throttle is part depressed. It starts fine has heaps of power and loves to drink fuel.
I cant set the mixture as it goes from too rich to too lean all the time. A small turn will make little to no change then all of a sudden it will ge too far. It gives me a 82% fault code when I use the x11 but I don know what that means.I have been tryiong to set it to about %50 ish but I wont setttle and keeps going all over the place. I have used and extrenal O2 probe also.

It has new O2 sensor temp sensor. OVP. coil, leads, rotor, distributor cap, potentiometer, I have played with the eha and put another secondand one on it an then another. It goes really well heaps of power and it wouldnt vbother me much but it uses heaps of gas.

It also runs rough and will miss bady when you start for a few second then it goes away and settles into a roughish idle it will also incease and decrease rwevs at idle and this effects how badly it will hesitate off the line.

Any help would be great
Thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 16v
sounds pretty normal for one of these old mercs i fought with mine for quite a while the best you can do is get it close and try to live with it--try a few of these things:i played with my throttle cable and set it to just barely rest on the micro swith--i know this may sound off the point but clean your battery terminals (my fuel gauge kinda floated at times but 3 minutes later after simply cleaning the terminals she was a little happier what the hell it's FREE)--also clean your sensors inside the air box make sure they have a nice seal--one more thing get some carb/trottle body cleaner and clean out the ais/iac motor--while your under the hood with trottle body cleaner in hand spray a little near the base of the fuel injectors there is a plastic cup type seal that may be old causing a vac. leak-------------all of the things i listed can be done in your driveway in about an hour for maybe $5 (cost of cleaner) good luck--chris