190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

Rear Right side Window will not budge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Right side Window will not budge

Hi all,

I noticed a few days ago that my rear right hand window will not go up all the way. I took my door panel off and everything and I realized that on the mechanism that moves up and down the track, the metal plate that secures the springs for the metal cable was not locked into place, thus lowering the overall height of my window.

As I tried to correct this, the cable released from the thing that moves up the track. So I removed the motor and the regulator and I reset everything, but I realized something else was wrong.

The metal cable that passes through the pulleys on the regulator was all bent up and frayed inside the motor, so it doesn't pass through the motor easily, thus I cannot raise my window.

I know exactly how to fix this problem, but I need to purchase a replacement cable.

I have looked for one online, but I cannot find one. I do not want to purchase it from ebay.

Actually, there are two cables, but they click into a wheel on the motor so it works as one cable.

Sorry I have no pictures, I was so frustrated trying to fix this that I never thought of taking pictures, and I'm not about the crack open my door panel for some pictures!

Thanks,

Matrixtna