190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

radio/ speaker wiring diagram '93 190E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 190E
radio/ speaker wiring diagram '93 190E

Does anyone have or know where to get a wiring diagram for a factory radio/ speaker set up for a '93 190E with factory radio? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 190E 2.6
I got one I can email to ya in a jpeg file. whats your email address?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:07 PM

1993 190E
190E speaker wiring diagram.

Thanks. It's ewsdfw@netzero.net . Thanks for your help.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM

99' E320 4MATIC ESTATE / 92' 190E 2.6
me too!!
lancef@audioimages.tv
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 AM

1993 190E 2.6
This is what I emailed u. Maybe one of you guys can post the pics as I dont know how.

The first pic is the wiring diagram for a Pre 1991 190E system meaning no active bass system. Just plain old four speakers. The 2nd pic is the complete wiring diagram for 1991-1993 models with the active bass 6 speaker system. 3rd pic is the shot of the Alpine deck from 1991-1993. If you have that then i can help you install your radio if you need help since I know what it feels like to have no one respond to my help post in the forums sometimes.

This is how you tear out the glove box and knee protection and radio dash. I cut and paste because I dont want to keep repeating myself since everyone is coming out of the wood works to ask for help on this damn thing.

Just ran wires to my new deck from the two front speakers. It wasnt too bad but still took 2 hrs as I had to take apart the glove box which required pulling out those gray tabs and then pulling out the stop plugs that those grab tabs went in. Then take the light out with a flat head and slowly pull the glove box out. For the drivers side tho it was much harder. Had to take off the cover to the knee protection. Those two strips of plastic at the top- one short and one long can be pryed out slowly with a flat head. They are plastic and have a notch on both sides up and down to hold it in- careful not to break it. Then there is one screw right behind the lever for popping the hood- take that out and remove some carpet and then the base layer...on the far back floor there is a plastic cap screw holding the other portion of the knee bolster down. Unscrew- it might be tough from all these years of heat so use some oil. After removal the whole knee bolster pops out. Take out the grill and shine a light....climb down there on your back and look up for said light...the light that comes thru is where you would run your wires thru and along the back of the knee bolster then right into the radio deck. All done after that. It is much easier if you take the top portion of the tape cassette holder out...not sure if you have that tho in your older car. If you do...just unscrew the two downward facing screw in the Zebrano wood trim right below the AC buttons and air vents then slowly wiggle and out comes the whole section. Oh yeah..the fan speed lever rubber tip will keep the wood from coming off so you just twist that piece of rubber tip slowly left and right and it will come up. Then the panel comes out.

Are you keeping your system stock?

How to check the fader in the center console. Cracking noise if you spin the dial back and forth means its dirty. Just use some contact cleaner there and it will clean it out. This is how you take out the console: well pop out the plastic black ring around your shifter then slowly pull out the wood panel. Check below the fader. My radio stopped working cause that damn thing came out of place. When I plugged it back in then all the speakers started working. Yeah the grills are easy to pop out. Its finding a speaker that fits that rear deck that is the pain in the butt. I put in 6.5 inch Infinity's and they sat too high so the grill wouldnt fit so I had to grind down the plastic box that held the speakers in place. Maybe you didnt have this in your car as mine is a 1993. I had to break pieces of the speaker mount till it was low enough for the speakers built in tweeter to clear. Check your fader. Most likely it is that.

. I tried replacing the whole Alpine unit with another Alpine unit but the wiring was totally different so I went with a Clarion 585USB, but this is how it looks like I just have the upgraded model : http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/dxz575usbrb.aspx It has a black and gold look which matches the factory decor and also has a front mount USB port and Aux. Most importantly it has a 6 volt preamp which is the min spec to power the factory Bose amp in the trunk. No other radios pump out that much power to power the amp. Alpine and Pioneer only had 2.3 Volts - 4Volts and the 4 Volt range was pricey in the $300-500 dollar receiver range. Has built in high pass and low pass filters to correct the speakers if they are too loud up front or rear. But mostly i got it for the 6 V pre amp. These radios have a max output thru up to 8 ohms and someone measured that the speakers from the doors to the rear speakers is 2.9 ohms with the rear speakers being 4 Ohms for a total of 6.9 ohms and a little more wiring to the front which will add a little more resistance but not enough to put it at 8ohms. Just make sure if you replace to find a radio that can handle up to 8 Ohms in the specs.

Hope this helps u man.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM

Mercedes 190e
Question Stock Bose amplifier in trunk? I'll post the wiring jpegs here if I get them.

I'm following your suggestion, RunninRebel211, and buying a Clarion 585USB radio. However, I assume that it won't accept my current 1993 190E 2.6L W201 connectors. None of the other guys posted your jpegs. Is it possible to have you PM or email them to me? Thanks!!!

Also, I searched everywhere in the trunk and I cannot find the Bose amplifier. Was that only installed in some models?

I'm posting on this older thread as there were no other posts in the search for Bose and no other wiring schematics posted elsewhere. I will post the photos here if I receive them to add to this great thread.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 AM

1993 190E 2.6
Hey ENgBill if you have speakers in your front doors then you have one, if not then you dont. With the CLarion radio it will come with a diagram for you to connect which wire to which in the car. Some are not used unless you bought a 6 CD Clarion changer to go with it like me. Then you have to connect the yellow bus wire to the cars constant power on wire so that your cd changer always has power even when the car is off. Can you take a pic of the wires you have? Should be easy.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 PM

190E
Power Amp connector

Originally Posted by ewsdfw
Does anyone have or know where to get a wiring diagram for a factory radio/ speaker set up for a '93 190E with factory radio? Thanks.
Do you have a wiring diagram that shows the power Amp connector pin outs on the radio? I yes, would you please Email it to me @ deltasquared@att.net
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
If it's not....

too much trouble, I'd like to see that too. Trying to get an old 190 going and has been so long I can't remember what's what. This is a 93 2.6 with the door commode. Thanks.

alleman@earthlink.net