190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

Triggered factory alarm while doing radio install on '93 2.6- HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 190E 2.6
Triggered factory alarm while doing radio install on '93 2.6- SOLVED!!!!

Hi I need your help. How do I disable the factory alarm on the radio? The lights blink when I lock the doors and wont turn off until I unlock it. Also cant turn power on my unit so I screwed up somewhere but I was following Kynptions pics and advice on the older threads here. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also cant power on the new deck. It comes with 3 power wires. Two yellow Power lead wires ( chart says connect both to battery) - one yellow one is called the Bus Power Lead and comes with 15 A and 5 A fuse and then the red wire which says Power Lead for +12V Accessories. I plugged the cars black/yellow Constant power line to the red wire and also the yellow wire with the 15A fuse and it still doesnt turn on. checked fuses to make sure none are blown and it still wont turn on.

I have the 6 speaker system with the active bass. I tried to keep everything stock as I didnt want to mess with the amp or the side door speakers. They work fine so why mess with it. I rewired and ran new wires from the front speakers to the deck and used the old wires for the rear speakers which are connected to the door speakers. Installing a Clarion 585USB deck

Last edited by Runninrebel211; 06-05-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM

1991 560SEC Teal 1989 420SEL Ice Blue 1984 500SEC White
Did you possibly remove the old radio with the 12 volt battery installed or connected?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro 1985 190e 2.3-16vlv
E-mailed.

Originally Posted by Runninrebel211
Also cant power on the new deck. It comes with 3 power wires. Two yellow Power lead wires ( chart says connect both to battery) - one yellow one is called the Bus Power Lead and comes with 15 A and 5 A fuse and then the red wire which says Power Lead for +12V Accessories. I plugged the cars black/yellow Constant power line to the red wire and also the yellow wire with the 15A fuse and it still doesnt turn on. checked fuses to make sure none are blown and it still wont turn on.
Memory (+12v Constant) Red
Ignition (+12v Switched) Black/Yellow
Ground (-) Brown
Illumination Gray/Blue
Dimmer (none)
Power Antenna Blue
S p e a k e r s
Right Front (+) Black/Green
Right Front (-) Black
Left Front (+) Black/Red
Left Front (-) Black
Right Rear (+) Black/Green
Right Rear (-) Black
Left Rear (+) Black/Red
Left Rear (-) Black

Last edited by Kynyption; 06-05-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:31 PM

1993 190E 2.6
What was confusing was this "Switched" wire as most list the color as Black/Yellow but in my car it was Black/Green & Black/Yellow soldered together. This turned out to be the ACC or ON wire when the key was in the ON position. My other Black/Yellow wire turned out to be the Memory wire from the car. How confusing.....

That stupid alarm was easy to fix thanks to a guy named Nate. He told me to pull the passenger floor panel and pull plug number 1 (which is the left one) in the Becker box as there are two. Pop the black wire holder open to remove wire #6 and #7 a green and black/yellow one and that stopped my car alarm from going off when I lock my doors without the factory deck in place. Wrap the wire tips with electrical tape to prevent contact and leave in place. Replug old wire set back in and that was it. For a while I was rolling with the factory alarm wire sticking out the side mesh vent that I removed - so that it was plugged in to the old deck to keep the alarm from going off. GHETTO FAbulous...I know. So a big Thanks to Nate and Kynyption for help with the wiring and how to use a multimeter- lol. Yeah its been a while since high school and electronics class.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro 1985 190e 2.3-16vlv
Glad you are happy with your w201. Love to always see new members coming around.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by Runninrebel211
That stupid alarm was easy to fix thanks to a guy named Nate. He told me to pull the passenger floor panel and pull plug number 1 (which is the left one) in the Becker box as there are two. Pop the black wire holder open to remove wire #6 and #7 a green and black/yellow one and that stopped my car alarm from going off when I lock my doors without the factory deck in place. Wrap the wire tips with electrical tape to prevent contact and leave in place. Replug old wire set back in and that was it. For a while I was rolling with the factory alarm wire sticking out the side mesh vent that I removed - so that it was plugged in to the old deck to keep the alarm from going off. GHETTO FAbulous...I know. So a big Thanks to Nate and Kynyption for help with the wiring and how to use a multimeter- lol. Yeah its been a while since high school and electronics class.
Those two wires are the arm and disarm wires. So the alarm should no longer work at all.
Time for
Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 PM

1993 190E 2.6
Originally Posted by Gullwing
Those two wires are the arm and disarm wires. So the alarm should no longer work at all.
Time for
Well the alarm still works and it goes off if I dont unlock the car from the same lock that I locked it with. Weird huh?