190E (W201) 1982-1993: 190E 2.3, 190E 2.6, 190E 2.3-16, 190E 2.5-16, 190 D 2.2, 190 D 2.5, 190 D 2.5 TURBO, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution I, 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

New to site----check out out DTM project!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 190e dtm race
New to site----check out out DTM project!!!

Hello People...New to your site...lots of good knowledge being shared....I like that!

I am the Automotive Technology Instructor at Fremont High School in Sunnyvlae California, and we have just finished our first of many phases to our 1989 Mercedes DTM project car!.

We got the body kit/paint done....looks good!!!

It's going to the graphics guy in a couple weeks for some sponsership names......anyone want to help us out with our project?????

The interior is gutted....full cage was built in-house by a 17 year old senior!!! He also built the custom aluminum dash!!

Bride seats, Simpson harnesses.

Drivetrain stock right now...six cylinder...----school year is almost over...next year's project....I have a 400hp LS vette motor that might find it's way under the hood.....

Suspension...cut coils....upgrades next school year.....

anyway check out the teaser picture.....hope you guys like it....will shoot some pics of the interior/cage if you like...

I'm going to need some help from you experts regarding suspension/etc...so stay tuned....

thanks.
Bill Wishart
Automotive Technology instructor
Fremont High School
Sunnyvale, Ca.
Attached Thumbnails New to site----check out out DTM project!!!-mercedes-2.jpg   New to site----check out out DTM project!!!-merecedes-1.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM

2005 C55, 2006 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel, sold 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins, sold 87 190e-16v, sold 97 e420
Originally Posted by wishart
Hello People...New to your site...lots of good knowledge being shared....I like that!

I am the Automotive Technology Instructor at Fremont High School in Sunnyvlae California, and we have just finished our first of many phases to our 1989 Mercedes DTM project car!.

We got the body kit/paint done....looks good!!!

It's going to the graphics guy in a couple weeks for some sponsership names......anyone want to help us out with our project?????

The interior is gutted....full cage was built in-house by a 17 year old senior!!! He also built the custom aluminum dash!!

Bride seats, Simpson harnesses.

Drivetrain stock right now...six cylinder...----school year is almost over...next year's project....I have a 400hp LS vette motor that might find it's way under the hood.....

Suspension...cut coils....upgrades next school year.....

anyway check out the teaser picture.....hope you guys like it....will shoot some pics of the interior/cage if you like...

I'm going to need some help from you experts regarding suspension/etc...so stay tuned....

thanks.
Bill Wishart
Automotive Technology instructor
Fremont High School
Sunnyvale, Ca.
Looks pretty good. Now just need to add the go fast juice.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
From a high school?