C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Veloce Performance introdeces tuning for the C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Veloce Performance introdeces tuning for the C43

After several requests from C43 owners, my guys have put together a very nice ECU set up for the C43.

It appears that because this is an older car that many companies have neglected the enthusiasm of the owners desire for a bit more power and fun.

Our set up will yield ~ 8-10% improvement in hp and tq. We really improve the actual drivability of the car by broadening the power band and giving improved throttle response. By giving an improvement in power as well as delivery we have made a sporting car more fun to drive... and after all, that's what it's all about. It is priced at $750.

We will offer MBWorld members a $50 discount and free overnight shipping through 9/10/08 on this product
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like airplane
so- is this done "in-house"?

can you custom tune?
Old 09-06-2008, 12:18 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
how could you SELL a ferrari f40!?!? tell me about it. was it as awesome as it looked? 2.9 liter turbo right? i bet it was fun to drive...
Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
how could you SELL a ferrari f40!?!? tell me about it. was it as awesome as it looked? 2.9 liter turbo right? i bet it was fun to drive...
I had the F40 for 10 years. Drove it everywhere.... work, the mall, raced it, ran hillclimbs... embarrassed motorcycles and generally had a blast... AND made money on the sale. What more could you ask for? I do miss it though.

As for custom tuning. It is possible.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:03 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I had the F40 for 10 years. Drove it everywhere.... work, the mall, raced it, ran hillclimbs... embarrassed motorcycles and generally had a blast... AND made money on the sale. What more could you ask for? I do miss it though.

As for custom tuning. It is possible.
yeah i know the F40 is one of those cars that appreciated as time went on... you are quite fortunate to have been able to own one!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
After several requests from C43 owners, my guys have put together a very nice ECU set up for the C43. It is priced at $750.

We will offer MBWorld members a $50 discount and free overnight shipping through 9/10/08 on this product
Is that $750.00 after the $50.00 discount ?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
how possible is custom tuning?

I have spoken over the phone with numerous other tuners from this forum and elsewhere leaving all those conversations disappointed. 3 of my 5 phone calls resulted in tracking the tuning all down to the same individual tuner (and for drastically different prices...). The other two tuners left me with the impression that the individual tuning my car wasn't very experienced or knowledgeable about tuning and one of them was actually going to charge me a high rate for the first two hrs followed by a very high hourly rate (which is fine) but on top of that wanted to charge me for the use of the dyno since they don't even have their own... huh?

anyways- if you can actually tune my car i can get multiple dyno pulls on dyno dynamics and mail my ecu back and forth etc. etc. or whatever it takes.

as for the f40- congratulations on owning one. It's tacky to leave a car you've sold in your signature though.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
Originally Posted by silence
how possible is custom tuning?

I have spoken over the phone with numerous other tuners from this forum and elsewhere leaving all those conversations disappointed. 3 of my 5 phone calls resulted in tracking the tuning all down to the same individual tuner (and for drastically different prices...). The other two tuners left me with the impression that the individual tuning my car wasn't very experienced or knowledgeable about tuning and one of them was actually going to charge me a high rate for the first two hrs followed by a very high hourly rate (which is fine) but on top of that wanted to charge me for the use of the dyno since they don't even have their own... huh?

anyways- if you can actually tune my car i can get multiple dyno pulls on dyno dynamics and mail my ecu back and forth etc. etc. or whatever it takes.

as for the f40- congratulations on owning one. It's tacky to leave a car you've sold in your signature though.
You really should look at the Unichip piggy back ecu for custom tuning, I am very happy with mine
Old 09-06-2008, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
i emailed the one local deler for unichip and received no response. called them and they said they would look into it and get back to me, called them two weeks later and no info. also, its a a shop im not familiar with and i am pretty well into and informed about the scene around mn. also, emailed unichip directly and they basically aid they dontnt have bolt-on app and werent likely to consider. i clarified what i was looking for and mentioned your situation and they didntnt reply at all. maybe u can help? who was your local contact/where? if its this hard to find tuning im fine with what i have now- i know the tune is safe and works etc (because i spent forever tweaking it myself) i just hate running this high of fuel pressure.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C43AMG
Is that $750.00 after the $50.00 discount ?
The $750 is before the discount. Here is a link to our MB/AMG page
http://www.veloceperformance.com/mercedes.htm
Old 09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
no further response to my questions?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
Originally Posted by silence
i emailed the one local deler for unichip and received no response. called them and they said they would look into it and get back to me, called them two weeks later and no info. also, its a a shop im not familiar with and i am pretty well into and informed about the scene around mn. also, emailed unichip directly and they basically aid they dontnt have bolt-on app and werent likely to consider. i clarified what i was looking for and mentioned your situation and they didntnt reply at all. maybe u can help? who was your local contact/where? if its this hard to find tuning im fine with what i have now- i know the tune is safe and works etc (because i spent forever tweaking it myself) i just hate running this high of fuel pressure.
Well, yes, Unichip does not have a plug n play solution for Mercedes. The key is to have a Unichip dealer access their Unichip ECU wiring diagram database and see what is there. If I remember correctly, there is a diagram for a E55, but I dismissed that immediately for my vehicle in lieu of the 2001 E240. The diagram will more or less tell you what wires need to be spliced into for the Unichip piggy back ECU. So you end up using a generic piggy back ecu with no default tune and you tweak from there.

Tuning on the dyno did not net me the best drivablity, we actually drove the car around the side streets and the freeway with the computer in the vehicle and a ODBII device so we could monitor short term/long term fuel trims and tweak the Unichip as we drove.

I used Carbconn.com which is right close to me, but at least you could call Alex and see if he can find the wiring diagram for you.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
spoke to Alex- some interesting ideas