C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-05-2015, 01:14 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Car Detailing and Cleaning Guides
Print Wikipost

My Windshield Wipers skipping AGAIN!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 4matic Obsidian Black
My Windshield Wipers skipping AGAIN!!!!

OMFG... I donno what else I can do Im going crazy and so does my GF! I've change the wipers twice, adjusted the angles, pour in some weird solution (by the MB mobile service guy), and finally replace the whole freaking windshield (ALL under warranty)... I thought its been fixed but it rain yesterday in Vancouver and what do you know... THE wipers SKIP AGAIN! OMFG... Im really fed up with this... seriously WHY!!!?!?!? The only thing I haven't change is the whole ARM and the Motor... Im bringin it in on friday fukking crossing my finger they will freaking figure this out! I've put on the link for you all to check out what I am suffering. just trun up the volume a bit... its way louder in person.. and my gf was sitting beside me when all this fukking wiper **** happens... enlighten me members! PLEASE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObQQ2pI_0M

FIXED! Read my bottom post for info!

Last edited by JCOnizuka; 06-28-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Topic problem fixed
Old 06-28-2009, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Just a thought , do you park it anywhere where an unusual coating could be left on the screen eg sap from a tree, chemical fall out/ discharge from a factory. I would go through in my mind ,all the places the car has been before the symptoms arose. I would then clean the screen/ wipers with different types solvents & try again!. Its a frictional issue !!!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Carsy
Just a thought , do you park it anywhere where an unusual coating could be left on the screen eg sap from a tree, chemical fall out/ discharge from a factory. I would go through in my mind ,all the places the car has been before the symptoms arose. I would then clean the screen/ wipers with different types solvents & try again!. Its a frictional issue !!!
Thankx for the reply. And I do know about the sap and or chemical discharge from a factory but I never park my car close to any of those situation nor will I ever will unless I really have to. What I can tell you is I park infront of my house on a residental area and I park it outside all the time due to my garrage being occupied by other vehicle. And I try to clean the wipers with amonia and non amonia windows cleaning solution for it and still none works.. sigh... could it be the arm and the motor?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
i would try using some water repellant solution on your windshield. but it might be the arm, perhaps it is putting too much friction on the windshield. at least it wipes clean though
Old 06-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Lightbulb

The amonia is NDG. Get a good windshield cleaner solution (Zymol perhaps), and a new good microfiber windshield towel.

At this stage, get into superiordotnet and look what they recommend in their "car care guide" section for removing the amonia or what you have on the windshield.

Should this be compounded by past handling, change the blade again. And if all else fails it's the arms and motor, but I doubt it.

Good luck, JV
Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Wash the windscreen with Coca Cola - Mild phosphoric acid - Then rinse thoroughly with water. This problem is usually caused by silicone, or similar, build up on the glass. There is a glass polish in the USA made from crushed eggshells. Don't know what it's called but it too works wonders for this problem.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Wash the windscreen with Coca Cola - Mild phosphoric acid - Then rinse thoroughly with water. This problem is usually caused by silicone, or similar, build up on the glass. There is a glass polish in the USA made from crushed eggshells. Don't know what it's called but it too works wonders for this problem.
Thx guys ^^.. I will try all of the above solution and give you guys the update to see if it work next week cause I will be out of town. Again thx alot of the solutions
Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
That's terrible. I hope it gets fixed. It does sound/look like a friction issue though rather than a motor problem. It's like having two blocks of rubber sliding against each other - you can't do this smoothly. Maybe whatever your washing the windscreen with is the issue?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:48 PM

C230 4matic
Gosh mine has the same problem. If the windshield washers don't work, try slightly bending the arms. I tried doing it and it helped for a little while.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 PM

Alright guys! thx for all the reply. I have made this a mission for me cause I cannot stand this anymore. I wanna especially thanks to JoeVal and Glyn M Ruck for suggesting me with their solutions. I went to http://www.superiorcarcare.net/glass.html (as Suggested by JoeVal) to check out some of their glass care solutions. I found out the DP High Performance Glass Restorer product might be the best solution for me but I want it ASAP. So I went to my local automotive store in Vancouver LORDCO to look for a similar product. And I found one and one ONLY that they carry. ITs call the Permatex No Touch Auto Glass Stripper(http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut...s_Stripper.htm) which cost about $9.00CAD.

I went home, follow instruction carefully and thoroughly. On the first coating, I now see the water sipping instead of beading and when I tested the wipers it has improved but still skip. So I did a second coat. BETTER... the entire windshield is now sipping rather than beading (note: I did not use RAINX after the windshield replacement which I know from experience can really fukk it up). So I did a third coat and whooooaaaalaaaa! skipping is gone. I have tested and tested it again no more skipping! As of now... Im a very very happy man.

My conclusion to this is that I might have silicone build up and hard water stain on my windshield (as I park my car outside my house most of the time) which can not be removed through conventional regular windshield cleaner solution. As I have mention before, I had a mb mobile guy came to my house and pour a special solution which did not help at all. I now know its a similar product that is trying to remove the same particle as the No Touch product I used. But No Touch is WAY BETTER and is under $10 BUCKS!!!!

Thanks alot everyone! I will update everyone again with the progress of my freaking windshield wipers if there is a problem again! Thankx AGAIN!