C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Red C55 AMG and 2009 Harley davidson NIghtster SIlver and black
Accident

Here's the story... I went out late last night on my bike so by the time I got home I told my girl to just take my car home and come back in the morning!! Well eveyrthing went as planned until @ 10 am I get a call her saying... I'm so sorry I crashed your car.. So my heart stopes for both her and my car.. I get to where she was which was 595 ... She was driving and while switching lanes the car came from under her and she started spinning and hit another car on the highway.. Tgank god they we both fine!! in regards to the car.. Front end damage nothing major really.. Hood,front bumper, headlight, taillighs, fender... So I think probably about 6k .. So now I'm gonna see if I can get a cf hood while in at it.. Hope everyone else had a better weekend haha
Old 09-21-2009, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Kompressor21
Here's the story... I went out late last night on my bike so by the time I got home I told my girl to just take my car home and come back in the morning!! Well eveyrthing went as planned until @ 10 am I get a call her saying... I'm so sorry I crashed your car.. So my heart stopes for both her and my car.. I get to where she was which was 595 ... She was driving and while switching lanes the car came from under her and she started spinning and hit another car on the highway.. Tgank god they we both fine!! in regards to the car.. Front end damage nothing major really.. Hood,front bumper, headlight, taillighs, fender... So I think probably about 6k .. So now I'm gonna see if I can get a cf hood while in at it.. Hope everyone else had a better weekend haha
Sorry to hear of the mishap - glad everyone's okay. If there's any front-suspension damage, the repair bill will escalate quickly... you also have the CLK front end, not a regular C, I'm not 100% but I'd assume the appropriate hardware's more costly than the "regular" w203 stuff.

Best of luck with the repairs.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
So sorry to hear about your car and I'm glad your girl is ok as well... .

As for the repair, It's gon cost more than $10K imo...
Old 09-21-2009, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
how did the car come from under her? was it raining?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 AM

yeah it was pouring.. I took it to the dealership and awaiting a claim number to get the car worked on... yeah i really dont think theres any suspension damage... i drove the car home and then to the dealership and it drove perfect. i think its all cosmetical...
forgot to take of th CF lip .. alreqdy told them to be careful with th lip.. so hope they are!!!
iLL keep everyone uupdated.. thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
yeah it was pouring.. I took it to the dealership and awaiting a claim number to get the car worked on... yeah i really dont think theres any suspension damage... i drove the car home and then to the dealership and it drove perfect. i think its all cosmetical...
forgot to take of th CF lip .. alreqdy told them to be careful with th lip.. so hope they are!!!
iLL keep everyone uupdated.. thanks
Any photos of damage you'd like to share??
Old 09-21-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I feel your pain. Luckily your gf was not hurt. From what you've said it sounds like your C55 will be fine. If there is no suspension damage or bent rails, the car can be fixed 100% for you. Resale, however, is another story. Be sure to include a "diminished value" claim with your insurance carrier.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Tump43
I feel your pain. Luckily your gf was not hurt. From what you've said it sounds like your C55 will be fine. If there is no suspension damage or bent rails, the car can be fixed 100% for you. Resale, however, is another story. Be sure to include a "diminished value" claim with your insurance carrier.

Can't know what the DV will be until the resale actually takes place??? I'd love to know how this is calculated since the car (once repaired) will have some value, BUT how is the DV determined?? Current value after repairs (what is that??) or value on resale??
Old 09-21-2009, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Diminished Value carries no weight in this neck in the woods
esp if it is your fault. Many courts in FLorida have ruled against it in favor of the insurance companies. Even if you werent at fault, you would still have a terribel time trying to file a claim.
Remember this is hurricane country and us in So Fla are actually desperate for insurance. Many insurance companies have packed up and left after the bout with Wilma and Katrina. My own home for example is insured by the state bc no company wont insure in a flood prone area
OT but my explanantion why Diminished Value wont work here
Old 09-21-2009, 06:48 PM

Absolutely 100% correct. Im an insurance agent for Allstate and we have enough guidelines to even cover people. and to make sure DV. Its not happening.. I wish it would.. but Allstate At least doesnt offer it..
I will post pics up in a little..
Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Sorry to hear that about FL. In NY after an accident with my previous C43 in which the other party was 100% at fault (he hit me in rear going approx. 45 mph when I was stopped on the highway in bumper to bumper traffic), I was able to get about 20% of the of the cost of the repairs to my car as a DV payment on top of the repairs. This was about 15% of the pre-accident value of my car, or the amount by which the price of my car would be reduced if I sold it after the repairs. In NY the Ins. co was afraid of setting adverse legal precedent so they settled with me -- I also played up the rarity/collectibility of the C43, etc. Best of luck with your claim.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 AM

2009 C63 and 2008 BMW M5
Anything over 1k is considered major damage. I dont understand how it is nothing major. I hope she wasn't at fault so you can file a claim for depreciation.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by mbe3504matic
Anything over 1k is considered major damage. I dont understand how it is nothing major. I hope she wasn't at fault so you can file a claim for depreciation.

From his description above, sounds like "she (girlfriend) was at fault." Its not a liability claim against another insurer, so DV is out the window here as well. I'd love to see some picts of the car (before and after??)