Alarm going off due to "anti theft alarm malfunction"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A45S W177
Alarm going off due to "anti theft alarm malfunction"

Hi all,
At the weekend I used my ctek mx5.0 on the A45S for the 1st time, it had been on for around 5 hours and when I last checked it was on stage 7.

The car alarm started going off without hazard lights and I was unable to stop the alarm, I unlocked the car and it still was going off, I then disconnected the Ctek charger but alarm still sounding, I then started the engine and it still would not stop, I then pressed the Mercedes me button, after about 30 seconds while waiting to be connected the alarm finally stopped.
Was this episode due to the charging or charger in any way?
I have checked the Mercedes app and there is no mention of an activation of the alarm in the alarm section?
I have gone back to the car the next day and once started I had a message on the screen saying "Anti theft alarm malfunction".
Now I am worried about using a battery charger again in case this happens again, the neighbors were not happy that the alarm was going off for about 10 min at 10PM. it was going off for this length of time because I heard an alarm and checked my security cameras, hazard lights were not flashing and Mercedes Me app showed no signs of an alarm so I just thought that it was not my car!
Any advise is much appreciated, thanks.