A45, A35 AMG (W176, W177) 2013 to present. Two generations

Brakes squeal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLA 35
Brakes squeal

I have a 2022 GLA AMG 35 at 600 miles the brakes squealed at every stop, the dealership replaced a cracked porcelain pad. Now at 3,000 miles, the brakes are squeaking again (so loud that people look over at me when I’m stopping). The brake dust after just two days after a car wash is excessive and thick on the rims. The dealership says it’s “normal” because they are high performance brakes. My Dad drives a Porsche 911 and his brakes have never squealed. HELP!
Old 11-22-2022, 05:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
I'm assuming you have the larger RED brake calipers? If that's the case your dealer may be right... the brake system and pad compound are more aggressive because they are meant to deal with track use. The downside to that is more noise and brake dust.
The following users liked this post:
Scr209 (11-22-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 306 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by Scr209
I have a 2022 GLA AMG 35 at 600 miles the brakes squealed at every stop, the dealership replaced a cracked porcelain pad. Now at 3,000 miles, the brakes are squeaking again (so loud that people look over at me when I’m stopping). The brake dust after just two days after a car wash is excessive and thick on the rims. The dealership says it’s “normal” because they are high performance brakes. My Dad drives a Porsche 911 and his brakes have never squealed. HELP!
Since you have the GLA SUV and not the A class sedan, I would suggest that you post your question in the forum section that's specifically for the vehicle that you own so that you can correspond with owners of the same vehicle that you own so you can see what their experiences are. The forum that you have posted in is for the A class sedan and not the GLA SUV. You can find the GLA AMG forum by scrolling down the main forum page.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLA 35
Thank you, I have already done that and have gotten no response. People on this forum have been SO helpful!

Originally Posted by 190Efan
Since you have the GLA SUV and not the A class sedan, I would suggest that you post your question in the forum section that's specifically for the vehicle that you own so that you can correspond with owners of the same vehicle that you own so you can see what their experiences are. The forum that you have posted in is for the A class sedan and not the GLA SUV. You can find the GLA AMG forum by scrolling down the main forum page.