AMG GT: GT, GTS, GTC, GTR, GT-4door (C190 / R190) 2015 - present: The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT/C190/R190: Trunk Emergency Release button

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 11:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Trunk Emergency Release button

I am in the process of setting up my trickle charger. I am using the cigarette lighter adapter in the trunk. I ran the wires to the outside of the trunk and lowered the lid. I didn't want to slam the trunk closed on the wires. My question is the flashing emergency button inside the trunk.
I used my cell phone to record the flashing light with the lid lowered and it didn't go off. I then removed the charger and closed the lid. Recording still showed the light flashing. Last resort was to look into the manual. :-) It states the light flashes for 60 minutes after the trunk lid is closed.
Anyone know if just lowering the lid is enough to start the 60 minute clock? Hard to test since once you open the lid the light comes on. Wasn't sure leaving my phone on recording for 60 minutes would work either. I guess closing the trunk lid wouldn't hurt but rather just lower it if that's enough.
Appreciate the help...
Old 04-13-2024, 07:46 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Wanted to post an update just in case anyone stumbles on the same question.. Used my phone to record what happens. Light went out after 30 minutes.
The following users liked this post:
sjp3003 (04-14-2024)