Sponsored by:

SRS and Parking Brake Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 01:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
SRS and Parking Brake Malfunction

Got both these messages the other day. Drove the car and messages went away.. no check engine light. Just took a run to HD. Stopped at the light and I get the SRS malfunction ; Parking brake malfunction; Car went into neutral and wouldn't go into gear. I tried to shut off the car and it wouldn't turn off. Kept hitting the start button with foot on the brake, off the brake, opened and close the door. I could rev the engine but couldn't turn it off. Went through two light changes and idiots blowing their horn when it finally shut off. Waiting until the light turned green and hit the start button and she started and went into gear. No SRS or parking brake messages but the check engine light stayed lit. Anyone ever experience this before? Any ideas what's going on?
Old 04-13-2024, 07:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Roadster
Dealer had the car for 2 days. Said they found a fault with the ignition module which they will be replacing. Since it's the weekend they won't get the part until next week.. At least they are keeping my car indoors. I've been around car for a bit. Can't see how a bad ignition module would cause an SRS and Parking Brake malfunction? Both happening at the same time. Would explain the car not shutting off. When I asked them that question they said they can only replace parts where they find a fault which makes sense. Just thinking they didn't find the root cause yet.