AMG GT: GT, GTS, GTC, GTR, GT-4door (C190 / R190) 2015 - present: The GT/GT S is the second sports car developed entirely in-house by Mercedes-AMG.

GT/C190/R190: Help with Catless/Tuned GTS - emissions question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2024 | 06:16 PM

AMG GTS
Help with Catless/Tuned GTS - emissions question

took possession of my "new to me" 2017 AMG GTS last sunday; love this car and looking forward to enjoying it this fall: MO is a gorgeous state for fall backroads driving.

here's my conundrum thought: i went to have an emissions test today and they told me the car had failed as a result of 2 monitors not being complete in the testing; based on the report, it seems it was the 02 Sensor and O2 Sensor Heater.

the car is tuned (Gintani) and it has Red Star catless downpipes. i called one of the reputable local shops to talk about this and they said the car should have passed...

the gent at the emissions testing shop said he reset the ECU/PCM and that i should drive it for 100 miles and then bring it back; i suppose that translates to "the drive cycle for readiness test reset is about 100 miles..."

does anyone have advice here or a shop they know locally that can help me deal with this so i can get my car passed and plated?

thanks, in advance, for the help!

j3ff
Old 09-21-2024 | 09:51 AM

AMG GTS
Originally Posted by the314boss
took possession of my "new to me" 2017 AMG GTS last sunday; love this car and looking forward to enjoying it this fall: MO is a gorgeous state for fall backroads driving.

here's my conundrum thought: i went to have an emissions test today and they told me the car had failed as a result of 2 monitors not being complete in the testing; based on the report, it seems it was the 02 Sensor and O2 Sensor Heater.

the car is tuned (Gintani) and it has Red Star catless downpipes. i called one of the reputable local shops to talk about this and they said the car should have passed...

the gent at the emissions testing shop said he reset the ECU/PCM and that i should drive it for 100 miles and then bring it back; i suppose that translates to "the drive cycle for readiness test reset is about 100 miles..."

does anyone have advice here or a shop they know locally that can help me deal with this so i can get my car passed and plated?

thanks, in advance, for the help!

j3ff

let me be clear in my ask: i am hoping someone can either:

a) give me some insight/advice on what i ought to do to get the car passed emissions

b) if you know a local shop in STL that can help me, great!

wasn't sure if that was clear - thanks to all!