Sponsored by:

AMG GTS Tuning piggybacks and OBD2 Boost pressure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 08:14 AM

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
MB C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Gts-killer
Update: Sharing my experience! The module is taking forever to arrive the company which is based in Germany sent the package with "DHL" which is Deutsche Post i was promised a 7-10 days delivery from Performmaster and now its almost a month and im still waiting , Cant blame them for the delay and the customer service is good its just they sent the package using a Bad shipping method. And they offered sending another one using another shipping method but im just waiting for the Month mark and ill request that. (shipping date was 17-3-2017)

Meanwhile i did some experiments using a perfomance box (vbox) to have an idea of the car performance and to compare stock numbers to after installing the module.

0-100 Kmh in 4.0 with wheelspin using race start with Traction off
100-200 Kmh in 7.3
The run was in 30 degrees Celsius and using Michelin pilot super sport which came with the car so they are 2 year old tires which drove on them 20,000 Km LOTS OF WHEELSPIN ! I think these are good results in this condition.

This is slow i think.

I run from 100-200 a 7.4 without any tuning or something. Fuel is Aral 102.

For better results you have flash complete ECU. This piggyback is not the best solution in my eyes.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by MrkiC63
This is slow i think.

I run from 100-200 a 7.4 without any tuning or something. Fuel is Aral 102.

For better results you have flash complete ECU. This piggyback is not the best solution in my eyes.

My Friend my car is totally stock i didnt tune it or anything still i didnt receive the tuning module yet, and im running the test in 30 degree Celsius on 98 Ron Fuel which is 93 in America pump fuel so its Super results i bet your in much colder place than i am and better Humidity levels.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:31 AM

MB C63 AMG
sorry i misunderstand

For stock car very good results
Old 04-12-2017, 08:33 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
sorry i misunderstand

For stock car very good results

Thank You , you too i think the Gts is only capable of 7.3-7.4 best stock i didnt see better.

I think with tune you get to 6.5-6.7 range
Old 04-12-2017, 08:45 AM

MB C63 AMG
With tune you will run about 6.6
Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
With tune you will run about 6.6

Yes that what i was promised i hope to get that number it will be great. but its not a huge improvement comparing with the M157 engine on e63 and Cls63 with a tune they drop from high 7s and even 8s to mid to low 6s range so its a true improvement, i guess bigger engine has many advantages but cutting 0.7 sec is not bad too.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Originally Posted by MGonz540
The following may be dumb questions but I am just curious. Any concerns with the transmission or gears with this technique? How long does this procedure take you? I'm thinking, in a real world situation could you do this technique at the drop of a hat? Please don't take that question as a fesicious one. In my McLaren (no longer have) I simply hold the brake down gas to the floor and I am ready, let off brake and I was gone. Even in my SRT8 and Hellcat (no longer have) it was simple. Sport mode, foot on brake, gas down let off brake and I was gone. The GTs is obviously a little more tedious especially for a guy like me who doesn't drive it as often as I would like.
Lol.... no, you are correct. the procedure is 100% not feasible in a real world scenario. Way too much going on. I feel launch control is even worse. Its almost silly. But, it does lead to some good numbers!
Old 04-14-2017, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Once you drive a benz with the hold feature, it becomes second nature and I do it without thinking about it.
The launch control procedure is also very quick to do once you practice a bit. I am glad MB is even making simpler ala Porsche on the E63.
The only issue I have with race start is that it gets disabled after 5 seconds and there's no way of knowing how long the light will take so it's a crap shoot so I don't use much.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 AMG GTS, '14 CTS V, '15 GTR, '12 458, '05 DB9, '79 T/A Resto, '14 SRT8, '01 996TT, '00 360 etc
XCFisher and Emericr, that is why I asked. Launch mode is a crap shoot and please I am not trying to be rude, I am trying to figure how to get the best real world launch....... on stock continental tires.... I have a friend with a GT3 and off the line his tires/car grips and rips, once my car grips I blow by him but ughhhhhh it's so frustrating. I worry that upshifting while traction control is engaging will destroy my transmission and clutch not to mention gears. I am honestly not familiar with the hold feature so I obviously have to play with that option but again there has to be a reason that MB doesn't simply use that as their launch mode. I have played with launch mode and just when I think I have it down, the real world situation kicks in and my 4 seconds are up etc. Your help or tech knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:59 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Update : so here is another update i got the module after around a month of waiting i installed it so simple to install but still having bad luck at first the shipment was delayed and now to module dont work.i felt no improvement no gain at all even vbox numbers was the same as stock contacted Performmaster and they stated that during shipping the software on the module might have been deleted somehow and they will send me another one in a couple of days with a better shipping method (hopefully) and they assured me that the new one will work. good thing they have an excellent customer service they reply quick and offer good solutions. After having a close look on it i think the idea of the module is very clever and special no other chip or module is using it they are creating a by pass between the ecu and the car and altering the information they need controlling specific sensor read out and by passing the rest so you only need 1 cable and not to go around all the car sensors. ill wait for the new module to arrive and update you with results. ill attach installing picture very easy install 15 - 30 min max to zip tie the wires and make it all tidy.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Um....first they screw up the shipping [Hullo - that's "customer service" failure in my world], strike one. Then the product doesn't work. Strike two. I can hardly wait for the third pitch.....
Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by rsalco
Um....first they screw up the shipping [Hullo - that's "customer service" failure in my world], strike one. Then the product doesn't work. Strike two. I can hardly wait for the third pitch.....

LOL .. Be positive and im not in a rush the car wont fly. the important thing is at last i get what i paid for.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Only if it works....
Old 04-20-2017, 11:38 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by rsalco
Only if it works....

Haha it will or im getting my money back ! and give up and have a flash tune ! lol
Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 PM

'16 AMG GTS, '14 CTS V, '15 GTR, '12 458, '05 DB9, '79 T/A Resto, '14 SRT8, '01 996TT, '00 360 etc
GTs killer. I know how it feels. The anticipation destroys me and when you finally get the product and it doesn't work, the feeling is gut wrenching. As long as they are not avoiding you I wouldn't worry about it. I waited two months for a set of wheels and when I finally got them and the offsets were bad made me want to puke. I am with you though. Be positive and if (you should) your money back then no harm no foul but I can tell you, the tune works and it is worth it. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:58 AM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Finally just got the new Module connected it immediately haha its 38 degrees outside and im doing runs ! immediately traction issues i can feel the extra torque tried couple of runs on the fly in 38 degrees im getting 100-200 in 6.8-6.9. I didnt even give it time to adapt was so excited ill leave it till tonight to adapt and the weather gets cooler and ill try running proper runs and provide results ! for sure i need better tires to give it justice lots of wheel spin even while accelerating from 80-100 kmh !
Old 04-26-2017, 08:20 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Final Results are great the car pulls you to the seat and the torque is crazy wheel spins everywhere. Im having major traction issues on the michelin pilot super sport i defiantly need better tires. The car runs smooth and consistent 100-200 times as if it was stock just with more power. The module is plug and play so easy to install and remove , as if its a tune in your pocket you connect it whenever you want. i shaved around 0.6,0.7 secs on my 100-200 time with just the tune good result for a "tuning box" i think with better tires better traction and cooler weather i can achieve a better time. the module had hiccups first shipping took long then they send me a module that didnt work then send me a new one, at last Finally Im happy with the results and that everything ended in a good way.

here is the vbox result. before the tune i used to get 7.3 on same road and around the same temp

Old 04-27-2017, 02:25 AM

GTS Killer!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!! As I mentioned in my other posts. TRACTION is the problem. Wheel spin everywhere. Traction Control "ON" is ugly. Clanking everywhere but a great improvement over stock. As you mentioned, it is so easy. Plug n Play!!! No guessing if it added power, as with most Turbo's, IT IS OBVIOUS. CONGRATS!!!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:32 PM

AMG GTS Edition 1
Originally Posted by MGonz540
GTS Killer!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!! As I mentioned in my other posts. TRACTION is the problem. Wheel spin everywhere. Traction Control "ON" is ugly. Clanking everywhere but a great improvement over stock. As you mentioned, it is so easy. Plug n Play!!! No guessing if it added power, as with most Turbo's, IT IS OBVIOUS. CONGRATS!!!

Thanks !! Yeah now i know what you have been going through with the wheel spin ! Haha