AMG C63s
AMG GT Models

Quite a few in the line up now!

Personally, I like the new grill

Old 03-10-2017, 06:40 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Red face

I'm largely indifferent to the new grill..... and that comes from someone with their car 3-weeks away from delivery, after expressly being told no changes until 2018.

Both looks have heritage, yet both appeal in completely different ways, yet after being told it was a "surprise move by the factory, after an overwhelmingly positive reception" *, I honestly don't know

Would I wait another 5-months for the facelift coupe - no.

Would I pay for a grill retro fit - probably not.

Will it attract additional buyers - doubtful.

Could MB have waited for the "proper" facelift in 2018 - I think so.

Would I have cancelled on the back of this irritating my wait - yes and I also tried to setup some p/x deals, just incase

* as if the factory had a say..... marketing talk for the sales guys thought it'd sell better
Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 AM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by xbox
I'm largely indifferent to the new grill..... and that comes from someone with their car 3-weeks away from delivery, after expressly being told no changes until 2018.

Both looks have heritage, yet both appeal in completely different ways, yet after being told it was a "surprise move by the factory, after an overwhelmingly positive reception" *, I honestly don't know

Would I wait another 5-months for the facelift coupe - no.

Would I pay for a grill retro fit - probably not.

Will it attract additional buyers - doubtful.

Could MB have waited for the "proper" facelift in 2018 - I think so.

Would I have cancelled on the back of this irritating my wait - yes and I also tried to setup some p/x deals, just incase

* as if the factory had a say..... marketing talk for the sales guys thought it'd sell better
I would ask dealer for a sizable discount on 2017 model... And I'm sure they will be glad to accommodate, because of the major facelift on 2018's. I'm sure they wouldn't want to get stuck with the car you ordered... So you have all the power to negotiate...
Old 03-13-2017, 12:27 PM

G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Unhappy

Originally Posted by storm10
I would ask dealer for a sizable discount on 2017 model... And I'm sure they will be glad to accommodate, because of the major facelift on 2018's. I'm sure they wouldn't want to get stuck with the car you ordered... So you have all the power to negotiate...
Been down that path, but its not a straightforward case..... I'm in a small market, AMG GT is a special order model.... with a prerequisite huge deposit

Annoying thing is the factory was asked, upon my instruction, about facelifts in 2017, they said no and now apparently insist my question didn't covert model year change, which is what this is being called.

WTF
Old 03-13-2017, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 704 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
I prefer original grill style. Less busy.

What I do wish is for the fat rearend on GTC And GTR.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
2020 GLS450, 2022 SL55 AMG, 2022 C300
Originally Posted by xbox
Been down that path, but its not a straightforward case..... I'm in a small market, AMG GT is a special order model.... with a prerequisite huge deposit

Annoying thing is the factory was asked, upon my instruction, about facelifts in 2017, they said no and now apparently insist my question didn't covert model year change, which is what this is being called.

WTF
But still, dealer can not force you to buy something that you are not happy about. So you still have all the negotiation power. It's not about which grille you like better: Diamonds or Panamericana. Obviously - it's a personal taste. But it's about the value of the "redesigned model", which definitely has lower value than MSRP (manufacture suggested).

In CA dealers can not hold your deposit by law, even if you signed "non-refundable" deposit piece. Once you ask for a refund, there is nothing they can do. But you have to check with your local regulations of course, and see if signed "non-refundable deposit" form.
The following users liked this post:
xbox (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 12:59 AM

G63 & 991.2 GT3 & AMG GT
Red face

Originally Posted by storm10
In CA dealers can not hold your deposit by law, even if you signed "non-refundable" deposit piece. Once you ask for a refund, there is nothing they can do. But you have to check with your local regulations of course, and see if signed "non-refundable deposit" form.
Thanks and I appreciate the input

.... but I'm definitely not as well protected... local "consumer protection" legislation is geared towards the consumption of rotten produce