Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS ENGINE BLOWN

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 07:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
[QUOTE=AMG 17GT;6958151] Watch what happens to value when the P boys extended warranty comes close to running out..

Still won't be as low as the resale of a GTs with a good engine, no where near. Facts are facts, Porsche vehicles hold there value hand over fist compared to any AMG vehicle. I'm holding on to my 14' E63s because of this reason, prices are so cheap for them right now and I only have 6k miles. GTs is a nice car, I'm not a hater at all(had 6 MB vehicles), just getting tired of MB and AMG with the direction they are going. For all the guys with a GT or GTs, I hope this is only a rare event with the engine issues, which I honestly think is.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Originally Posted by JSwan724
By now everybody here knows you aren't happy with your GTS. Why didn't you trade it in on one of your new Porsches? Then you could move on with your life AND SO COULD THE REST OF US.

BTW WHY NOT change your posting name here to PORSCHE LOVER too.
Hello JSWAN724, hope all is well with you. Hoping your issues with your GT-S have been fully resolved.

I had my sights set on buying back then two years ago until a "rash" of issues posted at AMG PL became evident to me it is a BIG RISK and GAMBLE to buy the GT or the GT-S. Luckily there was PORSCHE and being a 918 Spyder owner I had the ten-year entitlement program that was provided when you buy a 918 Spyder.

I still have my 2014 AMG C63 Edition-507 and been happy with it, and knock on wood NO ISSUES unlike the ill-fated flagship AMG GT-S. No offense bud, but you will take a BEATING in resale or trade-in on that Garbage To Sell. Lastly, I am not a HATER of AMG. Otherwise I would not dare own one of it. I am just NOT HAPPY how Mercedes Benz AMG whor*d out the brand let alone finagle their BS on the quality standards of the GT-S. Peace and happy driving to you Bro.

GO PORSCHE !!!

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE LOVER )
Old 11-01-2016, 08:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG GT S, '16 ML400. '11 SCCA T1 Z06
Originally Posted by amgfan1
Hello JSWAN724, hope all is well with you. Hoping your issues with your GT-S have been fully resolved.

I had my sights set on buying back then two years ago until a "rash" of issues posted at AMG PL became evident to me it is a BIG RISK and GAMBLE to buy the GT or the GT-S. Luckily there was PORSCHE and being a 918 Spyder owner I had the ten-year entitlement program that was provided when you buy a 918 Spyder.

I still have my 2014 AMG C63 Edition-507 and been happy with it, and knock on wood NO ISSUES unlike the ill-fated flagship AMG GT-S. No offense bud, but you will take a BEATING in resale or trade-in on that Garbage To Sell. Lastly, I am not a HATER of AMG. Otherwise I would not dare own one of it. I am just NOT HAPPY how Mercedes Benz AMG whor*d out the brand let alone finagle their BS on the quality standards of the GT-S. Peace and happy driving to you Bro.

GO PORSCHE !!!

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE LOVER )
Youse guys are hilarious. All of you. Go buy a Yugo and be happy.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Originally Posted by rsalco
Youse guys are hilarious. All of you. Go buy a Yugo and be happy.
I'll buy a KIA first! Go KIA Go !!! YUGO, I stay. ROTFLMAO

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Old 11-01-2016, 09:11 PM

I'll buy a KIA first! Go KIA Go !!! YUGO, I stay. ROTFLMAO

Drive safe,
amgfan1
Clearly, you missed the point... To the extent you can be cogent. But, whatever.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts
2024 AMG G63

GO PORSCHE !!!

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE LOVER )

You HONESTLY should go back over to the PL and bring yourself up to date on the postings in the GTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES-OWNER POSTS ONLY TOPIC.

FWIW: Virtually all of the startup problems have been resolved. The "pioneers" in the GTS start up issues were JRCART and I with our Edition 1's. Each and every issue has been resolved and all of the subsequently reported issues have been resolved as well.

To my honest knowledge there aren't ANY open issues with the exception of the blown motor just reported here by TD33. Since none of us know the facts yet we can wait until more info is available. On the face of it it seems strange at best.

In my own case, I have NO issues with my Edition 1 and have been enjoying a error free GTS for over a year and a half.

As far as GTS E1 trade or sale value, I'll soon find out since I struck a deal with my dealer thanks to TD33 who received the first GTR DOG and was kind enough to forward a copy to me. I now have a GTR on order and expect delivery in the spring.

We can then test the limits of your new Porsches and the GTR.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Clearly, you missed the point... To the extent you can be cogent. But, whatever.

I think YOU missed the point that you should refrain from inserting yourself and your opinions in the middle of an exchange between people who obviously know each other.

If you don't like whats posted and clearly isn't directed at you, just move on and ignore it.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
[QUOTE=RobbieRob;6958379]
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Watch what happens to value when the P boys extended warranty comes close to running out..

Still won't be as low as the resale of a GTs with a good engine, no where near. Facts are facts, Porsche vehicles hold there value hand over fist compared to any AMG vehicle. I'm holding on to my 14' E63s because of this reason, prices are so cheap for them right now and I only have 6k miles. GTs is a nice car, I'm not a hater at all(had 6 MB vehicles), just getting tired of MB and AMG with the direction they are going. For all the guys with a GT or GTs, I hope this is only a rare event with the engine issues, which I honestly think is.
Great than what's your offer on my 2014 GT3rs 15500 miles with 15 months warranty ??
Old 11-01-2016, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
You HONESTLY should go back over to the PL and bring yourself up to date on the postings in the GTS PROBLEMS AND ISSUES-OWNER POSTS ONLY TOPIC.

Florence can't go back as he's been banned from The private AMG lounge lol.

FWIW: Virtually all of the startup problems have been resolved. The "pioneers" in the GTS start up issues were JRCART and I with our Edition 1's. Each and every issue has been resolved and all of the subsequently reported issues have been resolved as well.

We can then test the limits of your new Porsches and the GTR.
I'm ready for these road tests....
Old 11-02-2016, 06:52 AM

I think YOU missed the point that you should refrain from inserting yourself and your opinions in the middle of an exchange between people who obviously know each other.

If you don't like whats posted and clearly isn't directed at you, just move on and ignore it.

So this forum is strictly a private chat room??? You and a couple whiney pals? [without a sense of humor]

Interesting. I think I'll stick around to see what mischief I can get into.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Cmon man. I know at your pissed at your 1st edition and you've acknowledged my point, but there are 200k looks at this thread in rennlost about all the engines being crated in from Germany. They were not pushing anything back and kept pumping out 2015 and 2016 models with a failed valve train which pushed all sorts of metal bits thru the engine. ... Watch what happens to value when the P boys extended warranty comes close to running out..

132 pages on cams rings and valves on 2nd and 3rd revision

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-g...-replaced.html

They are just now getting the coatings on cams on replacement engines. I'd say it's a black eye and a couple of broken ribs.
Hey man, I already said I agreed with some of your comments, however I am pretty sure the fire issue was connecting rod related and not valve train related on the GT3's. That is the issue that I was referring to and the issue that they delayed production of 2015's on, see link below, or I can post 50 other links from 50 other sources that say the same thing.

Here is a quote from the Porsche recall memo/bulletin
Following an internal investigation prompted by two such incidents, Porsche has confirmed that is has identified the problem as resulting "from a loosened screw joint on the connecting rod." The loose connecting rod, Porsche found, damaged the crankcase, which in turn resulted in oil leaking and then – in at least two cases – igniting.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...ement-engines/

Last edited by jrcart; 11-02-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Blood was coming out of her eyes and coming out wherever". ........,
Yes, the red font is overkill lol, my eyes hurt... but he is 100% correct about Porsche owning up to the problems and proactively replacing ALL motors. On the other hand AMG has not officially acknowledged ANY of the problems with the GT-S's, even problems that were more prevalent and well documented. To add insult to injury MB/AMG was very deceitful in the way they dealt with the lemon law buyback vehicles. I hope that this blown motor was on a buyback vehicle because it will result in a 8 figure lawsuit and settlement. Hopefully this blown motor is just an isolated incident but if its just the beginning of a lot of problems I feel sorry for any of you that own one of these because the values will tank overnight. Sure owner might file a class action suit but that will take years and customer will be out a lot of money in the mean time. It all speculation until more facts come to light. I really wish the owner of this mystery GT-S with a blown motor would chime in on this thread and give us more info so we can all stop with the guessing and speculation.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:06 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yes, the red font is overkill lol, my eyes hurt... but he is 100% correct about Porsche owning up to the problems and proactively replacing ALL motors. On the other hand AMG has not officially acknowledged ANY of the problems with the GT-S's, even problems that were more prevalent and well documented. To add insult to injury MB/AMG was very deceitful in the way they dealt with the lemon law buyback vehicles. I hope that this blown motor was on a buyback vehicle because it will result in a 8 figure lawsuit and settlement. Hopefully this blown motor is just an isolated incident but if its just the beginning of a lot of problems I feel sorry for any of you that own one of these because the values will tank overnight. Sure owner might file a class action suit but that will take years and customer will be out a lot of money in the mean time. It all speculation until more facts come to light. I really wish the owner of this mystery GT-S with a blown motor would chime in on this thread and give us more info so we can all stop with the guessing and speculation.
The guy posted on the PL. He says the car is gone. I'm assuming the dealer took it back. He only had the car for a very few miles and had two issues the second was the engine failure.

Hopefully we can get some more info, but I think it will have to come from MB and we know how they operate.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Td33
The guy posted on the PL. He says the car is gone. I'm assuming the dealer took it back. He only had the car for a very few miles and had two issues the second was the engine failure.

Hopefully we can get some more info, but I think it will have to come from MB and we know how they operate.
I just took a look on PL and didn't see anything, can you post a link here? Maybe admin over there deleted it, that site is being run like a news media outlet in the USSR in the early 80's, lots of censorship and propaganda.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I just took a look on PL and didn't see anything, can you post a link here? Maybe admin over there deleted it, that site is being run like a news media outlet in the USSR in the early 80's, lots of censorship and propaganda.
LOL.

Jrcart, what are you driving now? What other cars would you recommend at 150k max?
Old 11-02-2016, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Guilty
LOL.

Jrcart, what are you driving now? What other cars would you recommend at 150k max?
I picked up a GT3 RS. If I were you I would try to find a Jaguar F-Type SVR, 575HP $125K, and you would still have money left over for a new 107 inch Harley Road King or Ducati 959 Panigale
Old 11-02-2016, 03:05 PM

I picked up a GT3 RS. If I were you I would try to find a Jaguar F-Type SVR, 575HP $125K, and you would still have money left over for a new 107 inch Harley Road King or Ducati 959 Panigale

Why, exactly, are you in this section of the forum? Enquiring minds would like to know.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why, exactly, are you in this section of the forum? Enquiring minds would like to know.
Because I am a troll
Old 11-02-2016, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, I will let some others on the forum answer that question for you
Old 11-02-2016, 03:14 PM

I don't actually need anyone to explain, I figured it out all on my lonesome. Your first reply to me 'bout covers it all.

But you do have some nice rides. I'm mildly jealous.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't actually need anyone to explain, I figured it out all on my lonesome. Your first reply to me 'bout covers it all.

Short version, I took delivery of one of the first GT-S Edition 1's last year. The day I took delivery the car died on me and had to be towed back to the dealership where it sat for over a week. They threw a new tune and software patch on it and I drove it a few more days and it died again. Please note that the same thing happened to several people and there are many threads here discussing these problems. Soon after that debacle I had a rear main seal leak. Soon after that I was one of the first to report problems with the sport exhaust butterfly valves failing, that turned out to affect nearly every 2016 GT-S built in the first half of the production run, people are still seeing that problem crop up on GT's and C63's. In addition to those problems I had a half dozen other smaller issues crop up. After 6 months of ownership I traded the car in because I could see the writing on the wall, they offered me a stupid high amount on the trade so I jumped and parted ways with the POS. I had more problems with my GT-S in less than 6 months than I had with all of my other AMG's in the previous 9 years that I had been buying AMG's combined.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:35 PM

Ml63
He posted in the GTS problems thread about the battery going bad 1 mile after buying it. He then made another thread, which included the blown engine. I think he had the car for 9 miles total.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63

But you do have some nice rides. I'm mildly jealous.

Actually he is a valued friend of many of us "Pioneer GTS Owners".

His insights which he unselfishingly shares, into the technical, financial and performance components of AMG vehicles he owns and has owned is invaluable.

My vote is that he is welcome anytime!

Besides he's a nice guy!
Old 11-02-2016, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Td33
He posted in the GTS problems thread about the battery going bad 1 mile after buying it. He then made another thread, which included the blown engine. I think he had the car for 9 miles total.
Thanks, I have seen the battery post but must have missed the blown motor post or admin over there deleted.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:47 PM

Ml63
Actually he is a valued friend of many of us "Pioneer GTS Owners".

His insights which he unselfishingly shares, into the technical, financial and performance components of AMG vehicles he owns and has owned is invaluable.

My vote is that he is welcome anytime!

Besides he's a nice guy!
Couldn't agree with you more. Also he tells it like it is!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.