Sponsored by:

GTR incoming, few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 04:13 PM

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts
AMG GTR
GTR incoming, few questions

Hey guys, hope you’ve had a good winter, spring has finally arrived (for people that deal with snow it’s a big thing :-) ). I changed the spec of my GTR for magnetite black metallic, with the black 20’s, as it’s going to be my daily, didnt really want to seek attention all the damn time. I was just curious to see who here daily drives their GTR, and also, how driveable is it throughout inner city streets. And also, I need to unfortunately practice driving the car a little as it’s going to be my first rwd amg, all of my previous ones were awd. If anyone that owns one can tell me if the car is tail happy in rain (with those cup tires) let me know. Anyone else ever get to see the black metallic in person? If I don’t like it, my plan was to wrap satin black in either case. Car should be here April 25th,

cheers guys
Old 03-29-2018, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Just walked out and checked.I have 3,395 miles on the clock. I took delivery on 12/27/2017. I use it as my daily. Previously owning and driven {3} SL63's for over 4 years and close to 50K miles logged. I can say it is a bit harsher then the SL.. But you'll get used to it. As far as the rain - no problem. Just drive normal and you'll be fine. You do need to obviously avoid potholes and the likes. A little more so then a normal car. However, that's to be expected.

Here's an interesting anecdote I'll share.

I loved the GTR the first week, and the second week I wanted to get rid of it. I was putting together a deal for a trade for a new E63 S Edition One. I didn't drive it for three days because I was upset that I wanted to get rid of a car I waited a year for. Lol - I would actually walk out to the garage and look at it and get sad. I was suppose to love this car and didn't. I felt like I was rejecting it. After three days - I drove it one afternoon and still felt the same. I took it out again later that evening and it all changed. I now love this car even more for going through that and how I was able to get it. My dealership thought I was joking when I said I wanted to get rid of it as the week prior I was telling them what a great car it is.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 702 Likes on 535 Posts
R Nine T
I would change out to PS4s as a DD.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:00 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT
I have magnetite black metallic, albeit on a GT that arrived two weeks ago. Originally I had regular black but changed my order to magnetite black. My dealer was recommending that I not do magnetite black. I think we saw it on an S-class and thought I would not like it. I am glad I switched. I thought it would be a bit more interesting based on how the hues change with different lighting, sun and angles. It has hints of gray, green and blue. Now that I have the car, it was clearly the best decision for me. The color is unique and not like any other black car. Here are shots in the shade and sunlight at the dealer (before PPF and detailing) that highlights how the color adapts to conditions. Good luck with your decision!

Old 03-29-2018, 11:30 PM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by benzbell
Just walked out and checked.I have 3,395 miles on the clock. I took delivery on 12/27/2017. I use it as my daily. Previously owning and driven {3} SL63's for over 4 years and close to 50K miles logged. I can say it is a bit harsher then the SL.. But you'll get used to it. As far as the rain - no problem. Just drive normal and you'll be fine. You do need to obviously avoid potholes and the likes. A little more so then a normal car. However, that's to be expected.

Here's an interesting anecdote I'll share.

I loved the GTR the first week, and the second week I wanted to get rid of it. I was putting together a deal for a trade for a new E63 S Edition One. I didn't drive it for three days because I was upset that I wanted to get rid of a car I waited a year for. Lol - I would actually walk out to the garage and look at it and get sad. I was suppose to love this car and didn't. I felt like I was rejecting it. After three days - I drove it one afternoon and still felt the same. I took it out again later that evening and it all changed. I now love this car even more for going through that and how I was able to get it. My dealership thought I was joking when I said I wanted to get rid of it as the week prior I was telling them what a great car it is.
you sound exactly like me, it’s crazy. I sold my s63 4 door 2 weeks after getting it lol. So I do COMPLETELY feel your vibe. Especially me who has NEVER driven any of the GT’s ever, and coming from a s63 coupe. I hope I can enjoy my car, my city is riddled with potholes and junk roads (Montreal) its known we have the worst streets.

What are PS4’s tires ?

The magnetite looks good on your car bro! 👍🏻

Old 03-30-2018, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by amg_ghost

you sound exactly like me, it’s crazy. I sold my s63 4 door 2 weeks after getting it lol. So I do COMPLETELY feel your vibe. Especially me who has NEVER driven any of the GT’s ever, and coming from a s63 coupe. I hope I can enjoy my car, my city is riddled with potholes and junk roads (Montreal) its known we have the worst streets.

What are PS4’s tires ?

The magnetite looks good on your car bro! 👍🏻

Michelin’s latest pilot sport tire is P4S. It’s the best all around daily tire you can get as it’s got great grip and will be more forgiving on those Montreal roads.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:08 AM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT

Michelin’s latest pilot sport tire is P4S. It’s the best all around daily tire you can get as it’s got great grip and will be more forgiving on those Montreal roads.
I will defintately keep that in mind thank you for that
Old 03-30-2018, 11:45 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
I LOVE Magnetite black - think you made the right decision! Especially with your wheel choice.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:33 PM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com
I LOVE Magnetite black - think you made the right decision! Especially with your wheel choice.
thanks, I hope all the carbon will stick out a bit at least, I got all the packages 💀
Old 03-30-2018, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS

thanks, I hope all the carbon will stick out a bit at least, I got all the packages 💀
Doubt it. Not enough contrast.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
I agree with buying the PS4s for a DD, especially one that is going to be driven in cold(er) weather and rain.

I can easily break the rear tyres loose in the dry when rolling into the throttle even when they’re warm, so get used to the car before you plant your foot in it.

It is highly maneuverable in tight situations due to the RWS so you shouldn’t have any issues in the city. It does experience the ‘Ackerman effect’ at low speeds so don’t let that bother you.

Bish
Old 03-31-2018, 01:34 AM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by thebishman
I agree with buying the PS4s for a DD, especially one that is going to be driven in cold(er) weather and rain.

I can easily break the rear tyres loose in the dry when rolling into the throttle even when they’re warm, so get used to the car before you plant your foot in it.

It is highly maneuverable in tight situations due to the RWS so you shouldn’t have any issues in the city. It does experience the ‘Ackerman effect’ at low speeds so don’t let that bother you.

Bish

thanks I just read up about it, I defintately want to buy the ps4’s I called a supplier and they said they had none available for the GTR’s size in the US and Canada, weird, ill try another few. Kinda bummed, just checked the eta on my car still says April 25 but the car is still being built it says. You can spin the tires with all traction active?
Old 03-31-2018, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60

thanks I just read up about it, I defintately want to buy the ps4’s I called a supplier and they said they had none available for the GTR’s size in the US and Canada, weird, ill try another few. Kinda bummed, just checked the eta on my car still says April 25 but the car is still being built it says. You can spin the tires with all traction active?
If you really roll into the throttle the rear end will do a nice ‘wiggle’ for you, lol. I’m sure the TC and ESC would catch it if I kept my foot planted but I’m pretty decent at throttle modulation so I haven’t had any ‘oh crap’ moments yet.

BTW: there is a new Michelin PS3 tyre in the C7 Z06 sizing that is about to be released by Michelin. Another great DD tyre for colder climes.

Bish

Old 03-31-2018, 05:58 PM

AMG GTR
Originally Posted by thebishman

If you really roll into the throttle the rear end will do a nice ‘wiggle’ for you, lol. I’m sure the TC and ESC would catch it if I kept my foot planted but I’m pretty decent at throttle modulation so I haven’t had any ‘oh crap’ moments yet.

BTW: there is a new Michelin PS3 tyre in the C7 Z06 sizing that is about to be released by Michelin. Another great DD tyre for colder climes.

Bish

thanks for all the information, I’ll definitely look those up if I can’t find any of the ps4’s by the time I take delivery. Btw bro how are the exhaust notes with the exhaust open without being in race constantly ? Happy Easter btw !
Old 03-31-2018, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Although Michelin has expanded its size ranges a lot lately, it’s strange they have your 275/19 front and not the 325/20 rear. Strange they would offer a 345/20 and not 325/20. WTH runs a 345?