Datalogging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 10:27 PM
ean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Datalogging

So there seems to be a lot more information on how the older AMG models operate under various conditions. I'm curious if anyone has done any datalogging with their GT/S/R's.

Looking for things like:
  • IAT's during pulls or track driving vs normal driving
  • Boost levels
  • Timing Advance (vs IAT's as well)
Old 07-03-2018, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
That has been a struggle finding feedback on the matter. I finally have been able to find an app called car scanner that has the IATs and timing advance but does not work for boost. There are 2 banks and the temperatures do go up pretty quickly in the 150s if it's sitting idle. When it's getting flow ie normal driving, a few hard pulls do not seem to push it much passed 130s which is below the threshold of reducing boost. One bank is also hotter by at least 5 degrees consistently. I need to do more data logging but that's my report for now.
Would love to get input from others as well.
The following users liked this post:
ean (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
[QUOTE=emericr;7493918]That has been a struggle finding feedback on the matter. I finally have been able to find an app called car scanner that has the IATs and timing advance but does not work for boost. There are 2 banks and the temperatures do go up pretty quickly in the 150s if it's sitting idle. When it's getting flow ie normal driving, a few hard pulls do not seem to push it much passed 130s which is below the threshold of reducing boost. One bank is also hotter by at least 5 degrees consistently. I need to do more data logging but that's my report for now.
Would love to get input from others as well.[/QUOTE

quite a few. Which one ? And which OBD2 plug

Old 07-03-2018, 06:36 PM
ean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by emericr
That has been a struggle finding feedback on the matter. I finally have been able to find an app called car scanner that has the IATs and timing advance but does not work for boost. There are 2 banks and the temperatures do go up pretty quickly in the 150s if it's sitting idle. When it's getting flow ie normal driving, a few hard pulls do not seem to push it much passed 130s which is below the threshold of reducing boost. One bank is also hotter by at least 5 degrees consistently. I need to do more data logging but that's my report for now.
Would love to get input from others as well.
Thanks for the info! Any idea what timing advance you are seeing during a pull?

I have an ELM327 and I tried using dashcommand and it couldn't pull much data at all. Just tried another app called EOBD-Facile and it seems to pull pretty much everything (have to subtract atmospheric pressure from boost for actual though).

With ambient temps in the 90's I am seeing 135 degree IAT's from both sensors cruising. Haven't logged a pull with IAT yet.

My car is throwing a pending code for the exhaust valves and I'm curious if the car is making timing or boost adjustments because of this.